Question about multiple accounts on one PS5

Dooleh_404

Basically I am interested to know if there is a limit to how many accounts you can have logged into your PS5 at once. I mean can I have say 20+ accounts available to switch between whenever I want, or will the console just start logging them out after a certain number?

Tried searching google, but I just can't find the answer to this simple question.

19 minutes ago, Dooleh_404 said:

can I have say 20+ accounts available to switch between

Why on earth do you need 20?

Regardless, the maximum users you can have on one PS5 is 16, that's according to Sony. You can play with 1 user at a time and have 4 logged in at once for local coop.

Not saying you will, but if you intend on any form of account or game sharing you'll not be happy with the outcome from Sony.

10 hours ago, TriadThunder said:

Why on earth do you need 20?

Regardless, the maximum users you can have on one PS5 is 16, that's according to Sony. You can play with 1 user at a time and have 4 logged in at once for local coop.

Not saying you will, but if you intend on any form of account or game sharing you'll not be happy with the outcome from Sony.

Hmm, I just read up on it, and it seems to be a grey area, some people claim it's against Sony's terms, while on some websites it states that Sony doesn't want you doing it but they won't ban you unless something illegal happens, like a pirated game or an account ban on the shared account. What I'm interested in is why is it even possible if it's frowned upon by Sony...

Either way, thanks for the info, I definitely learned something new and important. Definitely not gonna be risking my account.

I have 5 different accounts from 5 different regions on my ps5 and share all the games in between them with no issues at all. I stopped trophy hunting with shovelware in september so i only use my main now and am deleting the others permanently as we speak but i never had any issues with 5 dif accounts/regions all on my ps5 at once. 

Edited by Camokidd87