I have no idea what I'm doing!

Playzocker1988

Ive played the game until the gigant ASURA and now im getting really frustrated and have the feeling that i have no idea how this game and its battle / evolve system really works.

i remember battles taking a long time but against asura im battling for about 45 minutes to get his health down to 25% and then theres usually an attack rhat knocks out one of my party and then i no longer have a chance. i rhink i understand the basic ap and battle systems so i can attack and heal properly.

however i have no clue whats going on with my stats. all characters have only 1 weapon and shield so nothing to choose. characters are level 12-13, i have puts my seeds into the physical attacks for the 1st characters and magic for the 3rd. 3rd does decent enough damage but the flame sword attack the 1st one does is at under 40hp damage which is annoying especially since not even a full beat slash does more than 1000 damage and not even makes a dent in the enemies health.

now for my problem ... i thought i did something wrong when evolving my characters so i backed up my save and experimented with reallocating seeds or leveling up the physical attack skills ... however the damage dealt doesnt increase no matter what i do.

is there anything anyone who played the game more successfully than i have can advise me to do? shall i just respawn enemies in the dimension before and farm them to beef up my characters? have i done something completely wrong? any advice about the levelling process and rpg works of this game is appreciated. i kinda like it ... even though i find it very tough to figure out.

• 5 months later...

There are 3 types of upgrade material:

1.)Orange are seeds that level up your stats. I focused on leveling up the character with the Yorigami first as it will be persistent across the entire game. In the early part of the story characters max out at lvl 15, so at that point you can start spreading the orange seeds around to other characters in the party.

2.)Blue material buys your characters new skills. Some of them are passive skills that effect only that character, other passive skills have an effect on all 3 members of the party. It is a good idea to prioritize those skills that help everyone. Some are active attack skills that you can equip in the tactics screen to do good damage against certain elemental or enemy types.

3.)Red Material upgrades yours equipment and consumables forges (weapon, shield, belt, food, etc.). Once you upgrade your chosen forge you can use a Breed Seed to generate equipment in that forge. It will either fail because you have not upgraded that forge enough levels since you last generated something, upgrade an existing piece of equipment, or generate a new piece of equipment.

So based on you only having 1 shield and 1 weapon, it would seem you have neglected either leveling up your weapon forge or generating new weapons from that forge. If you kill all of the blue and yellow enemies and collect all the treasures you should have plenty of breed seeds to generate new equipment nearly every forge upgrade.

Edited by Guardian_owl