Disc upgrade at all?

Mokujin

• 2 weeks later...
On 5-1-2023 at 8:45 PM, Keidah said:

Given there’s no physical PS5 version, does the PS4 disc give an upgrade or not? 

I'm talking to Microids support for awhile now about Marsupilami disc upgrade not working and I also added the Asterix&Obelix games to the conversation. They said earlier all Asterix&Obelix games would also receive a free PS5 upgrade from PS4 disc. This was their last reply from January 9:

Dear <name>,

Thank you for your message.

There is currently no additional information on when it will be fixed. We understand that this is frustrating and we can only invite you to check from time to time. The team is informed and is working together with Sony to fix it.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Customer support Microids

The free PS5 upgrades from PS4 disc for games published by Microids and that currently work (to my knowledge) are all ones that had the free upgrade on release:

- The Smurfs: Mission Vileaf

- Garfield Lasagna Party

- Asterix & Obelix XXXL The ram from Hibernia

Edit: I can pre-order PS5 disc version from the Asterix & Obelix games at my local retailer and they are set to release on 7 February.

Edited by Kolm

• 4 weeks later...

so any news on this one poped the xxl2 and 3 disc in today and still nothing

On 18/1/2023 at 5:27 PM, Kolm said:

I'm talking to Microids support for awhile now about Marsupilami disc upgrade not working and I also added the Asterix&Obelix games to the conversation. They said earlier all Asterix&Obelix games would also receive a free PS5 upgrade from PS4 disc. This was their last reply from January 9:

The free PS5 upgrades from PS4 disc for games published by Microids and that currently work (to my knowledge) are all ones that had the free upgrade on release:

- The Smurfs: Mission Vileaf

- Garfield Lasagna Party

- Asterix & Obelix XXXL The ram from Hibernia

Edit: I can pre-order PS5 disc version from the Asterix & Obelix games at my local retailer and they are set to release on 7 February.

On 14-2-2023 at 8:40 AM, A210221100 said:

so any news on this one poped the xxl2 and 3 disc in today and still nothing

Got a reaction:

Dear <name>,

There is currently no news about the upgrade and their availability of now, we are sorry. As soon as we have news about it, we will get back to you.

Best regards,
Customer support Microids

yeah this is the we dont give a fuck auto responce the only think we can do is wait i guess hopfuly sooner or later we will get upgrades for the disks but i will not get my hopes up since this is there responce atm.

anyway thx for going through the trouble to contact them again if by any chance the get back to you or sudently they upload the disk upgrade to the system let us know here cheers

15 hours ago, A210221100 said:

yeah this is the we dont give a fuck auto responce the only think we can do is wait i guess hopfuly sooner or later we will get upgrades for the disks but i will not get my hopes up since this is there responce atm.

anyway thx for going through the trouble to contact them again if by any chance the get back to you or sudently they upload the disk upgrade to the system let us know here cheers

I've been at this with Apsulov from the release in August until it got fixed in the following December/January. So... I know it can take a good while...

I'm still wondering if the upgrade did work out for people that bought the PS4 version digital. For all games there's now a cross-buy version but I don't know if they can actually download/claim that.

• 6 months later...

@Keidah @A210221100 The disc upgrades are finally working!
Thanks to @marcsnake for mentioning that Slap them all got the free disc upgrade recently.

I also checked all the other microids games that I have and that got a PS5 upgrade way after the PS4 release where the disc upgrade wasn't working and they're all fixed:

Marsupilami Hoobadventure (CUSA 27816)
Asterix and obelix XXL Romastered (CUSA 19541)

Asterix and obelix XXL2 (CUSA 13367)

Asterix and obelix XXL3 The Crystal Menhir (CUSA 16983)

Asterix and obelix Slap them all (CUSA 23755)

Microid games for which the PS4 and PS5 version released at the same time, all worked on release or 1-2 days after. (Garfield Lasagna party, Smurfs vileaf and Asterix and obelix ram of hibernia)

• Like 1