When should i start the DLC?

Unless you an exploit, it's impossible to reach Lv61 or higher in Playthrough 1 due to the XP cap so you're going to have to do 2 playthroughs regardless but once in Playthrough 2, you will hit max level by the time you're 2/3 - 3/4 of the way through the main story. The General Knoxx and Claptrap DLCs are endgame content with very high level enemies and massive spoilers for the main story so should be left until after you kill the final boss. The Underdome DLC, grants almost no XP after completing the one and only mission it contains so leave that until last but the Zombie Island DLC can be done whenever.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Unless you an exploit, it's impossible to reach Lv61 or higher in Playthrough 1 due to the XP cap so you're going to have to do 2 playthroughs regardless but once in Playthrough 2, you will hit max level by the time you're 2/3 - 3/4 of the way through the main story. The General Knoxx and Claptrap DLCs are endgame content with very high level enemies and massive spoilers for the main story so should be left until after you kill the final boss. The Underdome DLC, grants almost no XP after completing the one and only mission it contains so leave that until last but the Zombie Island DLC can be done whenever.

But is it better to do the dlcs on new game or new game? Will the exp i gain from them be better on playthrough 2 because of scaling? 

Does it make a difference time wise if i do them on playthrough 1 or 2? Cause if possible i really just want to play each DLC once

32 minutes ago, GiulioTimoner said:

But is it better to do the dlcs on new game or new game? Will the exp i gain from them be better on playthrough 2 because of scaling? 

Does it make a difference time wise if i do them on playthrough 1 or 2? Cause if possible i really just want to play each DLC once

It's best to do most of them during Playthrough 2.5 for maximum effect but the Underdome is best done in Playthrough 1 in co-op with a max level character and one that's at Lv12 or lower to ensure you can 1 shot almost everything. Zombie Island can be easily done during any playthrough but the Claptrap and Armoury DLCs are near impossible during Playthrough 1, especially since Crawmerax is Lv50+ and the max Lv you can reach at that point without cheating is approx Lv40 so you won't even scratch him with the weapons you have.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
52 minutes ago, Langley said:

Don't start the DLC.

Why would you say that?

Apart from the underdome the dlc's in this first Borderlands are very entertaining!

Especially General Knox!!!

• Like 1