Difficulty compared to other titles in the series

Playing through this at the minute, and while in supercross 5 I was beating the 'Very Easy' AI by 1+ minute and gaining 20 seconds per lap, in supercross 4 I can barely beat Very Easy AI - it's an absolute slog.

Some of the flow jumps the AI seems to be able to effortlessly achieve, whereas it's impossible for me or for my bike or whatever it is.

It really feels like the Very Easy difficulty in this game is comparable to Hard or Very Hard from past and future supercross games.

Am I alone in feeling this, or what is going on here?

Edited by Halle36

On 1/22/2023 at 0:19 AM, Halle36 said:

Playing through this at the minute, and while in supercross 5 I was beating the 'Very Easy' AI by 1+ minute and gaining 20 seconds per lap, in supercross 4 I can barely beat Very Easy AI - it's an absolute slog.

Some of the flow jumps the AI seems to be able to effortlessly achieve, whereas it's impossible for me or for my bike or whatever it is.

It really feels like the Very Easy difficulty in this game is comparable to Hard or Very Hard from past and future supercross games.

Am I alone in feeling this, or what is going on here?

I haven’t started 4 or 5 but I heard both were harder due to the new physics.  It is interesting that you found 5 that much easier, the trophy percentages are even lower for each identical trophy but that might be because it is on PS Plus Extra.

I know I found the difficulty on 3 harder than 1 or 2 at the beginning, so maybe it is a matter of getting used to it?

Some context, I jumped from Supercross 5 into 4 immediately with no breaks so that I wouldn't become rusty, as I thought the hardest part of this would be the training challenges - and overall the gameplay and feel of the game is the same.

It's just the AI difficulty is unbelievable; Nailing a perfect lap in Supercross 5 gives you a 20 second lead over very easy AI (55 seconds me vs 1 minute 15 seconds AI, lets say). Whereas nailing a perfect lap in Supercross 4 gives you about a 1 second lead over very easy AI (55 seconds me vs 56 seconds AI), but the issue I'm needing to nail perfect laps, lap after lap, just to stay ahead of this "Very easy" AI.

I'm definitely not a god gamer of these supercross style flow games, but I'm still proficient and am easily able to beat up to 'hard' in supercross 5 without breaking a sweat. Issue is in Supercross 4 for comparison I'm breaking a sweat, and having to restart like 3-4 times per race, just to beat very easy AI. It's absolutely exhausting.

I even tried setting the difficulty to easy and normal and hard, to see if maybe they'd broken or inversed the list, but nope, it's all just brutally difficult.

Edited by Halle36
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 1/26/2023 at 5:17 PM, Halle36 said:

Some context, I jumped from Supercross 5 into 4 immediately with no breaks so that I wouldn't become rusty, as I thought the hardest part of this would be the training challenges - and overall the gameplay and feel of the game is the same.

It's just the AI difficulty is unbelievable; Nailing a perfect lap in Supercross 5 gives you a 20 second lead over very easy AI (55 seconds me vs 1 minute 15 seconds AI, lets say). Whereas nailing a perfect lap in Supercross 4 gives you about a 1 second lead over very easy AI (55 seconds me vs 56 seconds AI), but the issue I'm needing to nail perfect laps, lap after lap, just to stay ahead of this "Very easy" AI.

I'm definitely not a god gamer of these supercross style flow games, but I'm still proficient and am easily able to beat up to 'hard' in supercross 5 without breaking a sweat. Issue is in Supercross 4 for comparison I'm breaking a sweat, and having to restart like 3-4 times per race, just to beat very easy AI. It's absolutely exhausting.

I even tried setting the difficulty to easy and normal and hard, to see if maybe they'd broken or inversed the list, but nope, it's all just brutally difficult.

You're not joking. I'm struggling right now against very easy AI opponents. VERY EASY AI? What the hell. If only the game has unlimited rewinds, the race can be manageable. But no. Milestones had a brilliant idea to limit the rewinds to 3-4 times. They made the game more difficult for the casuals. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2023 at 9:03 PM, omarzkie said:

You're not joking. I'm struggling right now against very easy AI opponents. VERY EASY AI? What the hell. If only the game has unlimited rewinds, the race can be manageable. But no. Milestones had a brilliant idea to limit the rewinds to 3-4 times. They made the game more difficult for the casuals. 

Definitely more difficult for the casuals between the limit of rewinds and you get punished for not hitting rhythm sections cleanly.  On the plus side, it is more fulfilling when you hit a clean (or mostly clean) run.  Some tracks are easier than others, I’d start by practicing on those - you can get a general feel for which ones are easier by looking at the trophy rarity percentages.  

I think Supercross 4 didn’t differentiate enough between the difficulty levels. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 5:32 AM, djb5f said:

Definitely more difficult for the casuals between the limit of rewinds and you get punished for not hitting rhythm sections cleanly.  On the plus side, it is more fulfilling when you hit a clean (or mostly clean) run.  Some tracks are easier than others, I’d start by practicing on those - you can get a general feel for which ones are easier by looking at the trophy rarity percentages.  

I think Supercross 4 didn’t differentiate enough between the difficulty levels. 

I got the plat. I was thinking of giving up and move on to supercross 5. Just a little practice and I got used to it. I didn't overuse the rewind. Rewind when its necessary and build some points to replenish the number of rewinds. I thought supercross 4 was hard but when i got to 5 it's a lot worst. 

• Like 1