Tips and Tricks for completing Hob's Trophies

James_Tonto

So I just finished my Bravest Soul playthrough of Hob, which was my second and decided to leave a post sharing everything I figured out while playing.

Sword Upgrading - So this can be a bit buggy. Make sure you have three sword pieces and each time you upgrade the sword you have multiples of 3, i.e, 3, 6, 9 etc. I wasn't able to earn this trophy on my first run, because I tried to upgrade immediately, miscounted and only had 2 sword pieces. I came back later with all the rest, but the sword would not upgrade. (As in every other sword fragment in the game. When I tried to upgrade the sword wouldn't pop up out of the forge. I tried quitting and continuing, but I just had the same sword and I couldn't use the forge again.) I'd recommend upgrading every time you get three sword fragments.

Speedrun - If you are following a speedrun guide like I was, I recommend quitting to main menu when you reach a save point, watch the video til they reach a save point, work your way towards that one and then quit again, rinse/repeat. I'm not sure if time in the pause menu counts as play time, I'm 90% sure it didn't, but while following the guide a little better since I didn't make some of the same mistakes as the player, I still ended up with a final time that was 35 minutes longer. And I did spend quite a bit of time paused. However 5 hours is a pretty generous amount of time, I actually managed 4 hours and 48 minutes without really trying on my second playthrough. But I also wasn't trying to collect everything, so that probably helped.

Invulnerable - So the trophy relating to 5 deaths, I can confirm this works as it was exactly what I did. Any time you die, immediately pause and quit to the menu. I died dozens of times on my Bravest Soul playthrough and I quit to menu every time to test a hunch I had. Turns out I was correct, so long as you quit before the game can respawn you, the death doesn't seem to get counted. The only time I could not quit quickly enough, was when the giant fish ate me. So make sure to avoid dying to the fish when you raise the water section of the map.

Animal Instinct - This one can be earned really early in the game. After you lose your arm and get the new stone one, backtrack to the starting area where those funny two-legged deer/goose animal things are. Wait til they sit down, approach slowly and a :square: prompt will appear. You need to be standing at the side of the critter, before your character will pet them. One petting later and the trophy is yours. I recommend getting this before you collect the sword, as you can accidentally wound the animal while trying to trigger the petting animation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

How much time you have to pause the game before the death counts :) Do you have a video? 

No idea, I just paused immediately when I died, quit to main menu and then just continued. The only exception was with the big fish, the game wouldn't pause and let me quit to menu, but that was the only time I couldn't pause and quit quickly enough.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

No idea, I just paused immediately when I died, quit to main menu and then just continued. The only exception was with the big fish, the game wouldn't pause and let me quit to menu, but that was the only time I couldn't pause and quit quickly enough.

I see thks for the info