Climbing hill not working

Dzwienkoswit

Can anyone explain to me how to go up a hill during rallying? Each time the vehicle slows down extremely. It even happened that he would stop and slide back. This applies to all types of vehicles. Cars, trucks, quads... I tried downshifting, but it didn't help. This is annoying because the opponents have no problem with it. They'll only slow down a bit, but each time they'll overtake me before I finally climb to the top. Am I doing something wrong or is the game just broken? Because physics sucks there. And I wonder if they also spoiled another such important element of the game.

On 2.2.2023 at 7:54 PM, Dzwienkoswit said:

Can anyone explain to me how to go up a hill during rallying? Each time the vehicle slows down extremely. It even happened that he would stop and slide back. This applies to all types of vehicles. Cars, trucks, quads... I tried downshifting, but it didn't help. This is annoying because the opponents have no problem with it. They'll only slow down a bit, but each time they'll overtake me before I finally climb to the top. Am I doing something wrong or is the game just broken? Because physics sucks there. And I wonder if they also spoiled another such important element of the game.

Strange. I haven't had this problem while I finished pretty much every event available. At least never to such a degree that I would stop and slide back. I noticed though that the trucks sometimes struggle quite a bit. Only advice I can give you is downshifting – but you tried this already. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2.2.2023 at 7:54 PM, Dzwienkoswit said:

I just played the game again after a few month break and just realized that you are right. The problem got worse! Must have been one of the recent patches which caused this issue. Also I noticed the the breaks of the trucks barely work. At the current state the game is in, I'd say the trucks are impossible to drive… which is truly unfortunate because the trucks used to be the best class when it came to physics when the game came out. 

Generally I noticed that one of the latest patches changed up the gameplay quite a bit. Quads are now drivable and oversteering is a lot easier to control in all classes. 

Lets hope that the next patch fixes the trucks. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO

• 3 weeks later...

The latest update unfortunately exacerbates the problem even more. Climbing a hill without gaining speed is almost impossible sometimes. And bikes got the biggest power limit. The worst part is that this restriction only applies to the player. Computer opponents drive normally. This makes it pointless to use bikes when the opponent is cheating at the moment. The problem with this game is that they fix one thing and break another in an update.

Edited by Dzwienkoswit

• 3 weeks later...

I had a bit of a problem with one of the steep hills in a car yesterday, slid straight back down the hill and couldn't climb it at all. There's no way to get more traction, at least not in a RWD car, so my only solution was to take a wider route to get a longer run-up and hit the base of the hill at 150km/h, that way my minimum speed wouldn't fall past the roughly 50km/h threshold where it suddenly fails the hill. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10.3.2023 at 6:47 PM, Dzwienkoswit said:

The latest update unfortunately exacerbates the problem even more. Climbing a hill without gaining speed is almost impossible sometimes. And bikes got the biggest power limit. The worst part is that this restriction only applies to the player. Computer opponents drive normally. This makes it pointless to use bikes when the opponent is cheating at the moment. The problem with this game is that they fix one thing and break another in an update.

I checked in again today and it seems like the latest patch finally fixed this issue. No problems climbing hills in any class. It almost feels a bit to fast, especially compared to your opponents who struggle quite a bit sometimes.