PSA: Don’t beat the game without a spare save file

Zeep_Xanflorp92

Happened to me and already found an article on polygon about it: make sure to have a free save slot when beating the game!

I was full on saves, the game attempted to make a Game completed save after beating the boss, but it was unable to. It causes a glitch and you have to re-do all that progress. Forcing you to reload your previous save and do it again.

Trying to save anyone from doing the boss again. Cheers

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92

55 minutes ago, Lem-77 said:

What's the save file limit? How many different save files can you have?

50!! I know right, wth did we use so many saves xD.

Crazy that a game like this has 50 slots, yet the console version of The Witcher 3 has 5!!

Edited by Optinooby

I only use one save slot for each chapter - rewriting my previous save for the same chapter each time I reach a new save point, but means I have an end of chapter save for each chapter and I can jump back in at any one if I choose too, and replay any chapter. Maybe the game has chapter select I’m not sure but I even did this back on the games original release ?

3 hours ago, Void said:

i knew Optinooby was playing Dead Space, I would guess your working on your videos for it as well. 

Cleaning up the Impossible Plasma Cutter 100% No Damage currently, yea quite a mouth full.

There is a lot of hidden tricks in this game, certain trolleys having 4 one-hit kill spears that you can get, one-hit kill pipes attached to walls and ceilings. The vent fans severing limbs in one throw. The Stasis Module further upgrade killing Guardians mega quick and also works wonders on those tall Necros that limbs turn into parasites. Ritual rooms secret codes as well xD

looking forward to your videos

36 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Cleaning up the Impossible Plasma Cutter 100% No Damage currently, yea quite a mouth full.

There is a lot of hidden tricks in this game, certain trolleys having 4 one-hit kill spears that you can get, one-hit kill pipes attached to walls and ceilings. The vent fans severing limbs in one throw. The Stasis Module further upgrade killing Guardians mega quick and also works wonders on those tall Necros that limbs turn into parasites. Ritual rooms secret codes as well xD