Diadem required for leveling crafts using Ishgardian Restoration?

SublimeHawk

I'm currently following the trophy guide and I'm trying to get the trophy for getting a DoH job to level 80. The guide recommends using Ishgardian Restoration as the fastest way to level crafts. I have ran into a big hurdle. To actually make the recipes, you need materials that can only be acquired from the Diadem. For example, the recipe for Grade 4 Skybuilders' Crates requires Grade 4 Mahogany Logs, which can only be acquired from the Diadem (which isn't mentioned in the guide as far as I can see). Is there something I'm missing? I really don't want to farm Diadem for materials. I'm wondering if I should just stick to levequests and forget about Ishardian Restoration. 

1 hour ago, oYazmat said:

If you have levequest available just do that you can hit 80 in a day... I can't say about Ishgard I tried it and doesn't seem easy.

Also DO Grand Company turn ins! You will get a lot of exp for turning HQ items

I would have to agree. Levequests just seem easier to me than Ishgardian Restoration as you can just buy the items required off the MB or make them yourself. No need to farm materials in Diadem.

9 minutes ago, SublimeHawk said:

I would have to agree. Levequests just seem easier to me than Ishgardian Restoration as you can just buy the items required off the MB or make them yourself. No need to farm materials in Diadem.

And you have to do 1000 levequests any way... and they also give Gil or equipment that can be sold in the MB!

I got all my DoH/DoL to 90 in no time using Levs & GC provisioning

IR has some 2 items exclusive recipies for crafting collectables. Very easy and cost effiecient since you can kill off elementals for crystals in Diadem. IF you are only interested in leveling up selected crafting class use levemetes, espesially big ones in Foundation (very easy level ups till lv70). After that stick with Grand Company provisions, levequests and collectables.

Either way you are going to need at least one high level gatherer class to help you out if you use Diadem for leveling up your crafter. Can'y buy stuff from there on any auction.

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982

The materials from the Diadem required to do the Ishgard restoration crafts can be bought from the marketboard. Sorry if that wasn't clear. You don't have to gather them yourself. The reason we recommend doing Ishgard restoration over leves is because you'll be making progress towards the 5000 collectible crafts trophy as well. I've updated the guide with more info on that as well as how to get the cheapest prices on materials.

Edited by MakoSOLIDER