WARNING: Disc to Digital Save Loss

UsedDampTowel

On 4/26/2024 at 10:44 AM, DonnyRomance said:

Ah okay, i think you mean for PS4 to PS5? If you go from disc to PS4 digital it still doesn't transfer across (just checked)

No I haven’t downloaded PS5 yet. I simply booted up the digital version of FO4 for the first time (after only having disc) and it loaded my save, exactly where I was before.

There wasn’t a transfer, it just loaded my save and worked. I had seen a couple of other report this on the Subreddit too.

• Like 1

The GOTY and the NON-GOTY Disc have seperate CUSA-Codes.

Same for the Digital Versions.

So, you do not "loose" you're Save, but the game wont find it, as it is in a different Save-Folder.

The Same, when you lets say, buy a EU-Disc and then d7l the DLC with a US Acc.

The Disc wont find the DLCs.

Thats a common Problem with Multiple Version.

13 hours ago, bigdaddykraven said:

No I haven’t downloaded PS5 yet. I simply booted up the digital version of FO4 for the first time (after only having disc) and it loaded my save, exactly where I was before.

There wasn’t a transfer, it just loaded my save and worked. I had seen a couple of other report this on the Subreddit too.

That's interesting. I hope that works for me. (Although it didn't last time I checked). 

I bought the physical standard edition at launch. Then sold the game, but now I want to finish the DLC and it's turning into a bit of a hassle haha. 

Especially now that Fallout 4 prices seem to have gone through the roof on physical editions. I'm assuming because of the popularity of the show! 

Otherwise, I think I'm gonna have to rebuy the physical standard edition, and then buy a Season Pass? I dunno. It's kinda confusing...