Inconsistencies with the jumps

Fleks_Mhteam

I don't know if I am the only one with this issue but I am having a hard time with the jump mechanic in the game. Using the same timing will often randomly result in different jump heights and lengths making it frustrating to keep combos going since I am missing ledges and rails by an inch while it perfectly worked on the previous try. When I went for the Olliolli2 plat I never experienced this kind of problems, once the muscle memory kicked in, everything flowed perfectly. This though is utterly frustrating and I am short of calling it a day with the game.

Are you talking about large gaps that are hard to get over?

In that case, the timing has to be very precise. You get the biggest air out of a jump a split second after you are already off the rails or ground. Well, at least I did..

What also works well if you are on the ground is push just before jumping. It makes a huge difference because you have more speed. Speed is a key factor in many of these very tight jumps..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Baker said:

Are you talking about large gaps that are hard to get over?

In that case, the timing has to be very precise. You get the biggest air out of a jump a split second after you are already off the rails or ground. Well, at least I did..

What also works well if you are on the ground is push just before jumping. It makes a huge difference because you have more speed. Speed is a key factor in many of these very tight jumps..

Maybe its just me sucking at the game ?

Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try. The trick with the late jumps works for the most part but I still have gaps that only work 50/50 somehow. maybe my tv's latency is off. for Tetris Effect I had to switch to a gaming monitor because the input delay was too high.

I know what you mean, there's certain jumps where it just decides to not give you enough height, I'll do the exact same thing over and over and fall short then I'll make it. there's also a few grind rails it just refuses to hit more often than not on a few levels.

I've not played the game long enough yet to work out whether there's certain intricacies that sway these things or not. Definitely appears to have a slight rng feel to some of it whereas from vague memory, Olli Olli 2 felt much tighter. That was hard but fair, this is feeling slightly less hard but not as fair so far. 

Edit. Having now platinumed the game I just hadn't played enough to learn the details, the timing of jumps are extremely precise on a few jumps when you're carrying a level long combo and don't have much speed, if you're too slow, you've either not been precise enough with your jump or haven't been precise with a jump a few back which allows you to build speed.

My main problem when I first posted was jumping from wallrides, it doesn't really explain them well to you I just kind of figured it out after spending a long time on one particular radysus challenge. It may seem counter-intuitive but you will often want to start your wall ride at the earliest possible moment then carry it through to the latest possible second. It's hard to explain in text form but the angle you come at the wall ride effects how you want to take it depending on whether you need height or speed. Play around and you'll get it.

You can jump a lot later than you probably realise, you might think you're doing a late jump but just spend some time at a checkpoint testing how late you can jump and you'll likely discover its a lot later than you previously though nd once you nail it most jumps are doable

Edited by bluemoon1987