Subnautica vers 1.00

SheFel

• 5 months later...
On 13/02/2023 at 11:31 AM, HuntingFever said:

1.0 doesn't have the Dev console, because it was patched in much later on, removed, patched in again, then removed for a second time a few months ago. If you want to access it now, you have to use the proxy server exploit to force the game to download one of the patches that includes it.

Can you explain the exploit?

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

See here :)

I have the physical version, so it's not about digital version downgrading. The problem is being able to update the game to a specific version that still enables dev console without voiding the trophies.

I tried to do this with Charles. Didn't work, even though I followed the instructions here:

https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/how-to-upgrade-any-ps4-game-to-a-specific-version/

It just updates to the latest version. Guess I'm bungling some stage, but can't figure out what that might be.

5 hours ago, Antiristus said:

I have the physical version, so it's not about digital version downgrading. The problem is being able to update the game to a specific version that still enables dev console without voiding the trophies.

I tried to do this with Charles. Didn't work, even though I followed the instructions here:

https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/how-to-upgrade-any-ps4-game-to-a-specific-version/

It just updates to the latest version. Guess I'm bungling some stage, but can't figure out what that might be.

In that case, you need this method :)

Whichever method you use, there will be a lot of trial and error involved to get it to work properly.

17 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

In that case, you need this method :)

Whichever method you use, there will be a lot of trial and error involved to get it to work properly.

Already tried Charles. It just defaults to downloading the latest patch despite me mapping the link from Orbis Patch. I don't understand why it does that. I did everything the guide says.

I could try the digital version method, but it needs to be updated to version 1.12 for the dev console to work. Version 1.00 doesn't have it.

Edited by Antiristus

2 hours ago, Antiristus said:

Already tried Charles. It just defaults to downloading the latest patch despite me mapping the link from Orbis Patch. I don't understand why it does that. I did everything the guide says.

I could try the digital version method, but it needs to be updated to version 1.12 for the dev console to work. Version 1.00 doesn't have it.

If you're having trouble, ask for advice in the respective threads :).

4 hours ago, Antiristus said:

That thread seems to be for Mad Max, though. Is there a general thread for a problem like this?

It doesn't matter, that thread is for the general discussion of this particular downgrade method now the initial problem it was created for has been resolved :). Failing that, use the thread I linked to earlier for the digital method, since they are essentially the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone on TrueAchievements found that the console walkthroughs still work with 1.21 on Xbox if you go through the walkthrough, save and quit, load the save in 1.00, save and quit, then load the save in 1.21 again. The 1.00 version deletes the "dev console used" flag, apparently. Here's the original post.

FYI, this trick doesn't quite work with the PS4 disc. However, you can still use the PS4 disc version to clean the "used dev console" flag. So basically:

1. Use the current version 1.21. Play with the dev console until you're about to unlock a trophy. Save and quit.
2. Load the save with the 1.00 disc version. Save and quit.
3. Load the save with the current 1.21. Complete the requirements of the trophy. The trophy should unlock.

Since many trophies have to be done one at time (like visiting locations via teleport), this is a bit tedious. I would only recommend it if the player has two machines and a digital license. One machine can have the 1.21 version and the other use the disc (with automatic updates turned off). Use cloud saves to shuttle saves back and forth. You still have to manually cancel the update every time the 1.00 version starts up.

I was able to do the whole PS4 trophy list this way. This console command list was quite helpful. Here are a few specific tips.

Building the habitat: You can put the multipurpose room down in cheat mode. Just be in "clean mode" when adding the hatch. You can give yourself the needed material with:

item titanium 2
item quartz

Building the vehicles: Give yourself the needed resources with

resourcesfor cyclops
resourcesfor exosuit
resourcesfor seamoth

Fixing the Aurora leaks: Do not use "fixleaks". You will need to actually repair the 11 leaks. Give yourself radiation protection and the repair tool, then teleport to the drive core room with

item radiationsuit
item radiationhelmet
item radiationgloves
item welder
item knife
goto genroom

You will need to leave damage on since nodamage also means no damage to enemies. Parasites will latch onto you and then you can't use the repair tool since right trigger just tries to beat them off.

Fix 10 out of 11 leaks. Then do the save tricks.

In general when visiting deep underwater, it probably helped that I used:

item rebreather
item reinforceddivesuit
item reinforcedgloves
item highcapacitytank
item ultraglidefins

Thermal Activity: I had trouble getting this to unlock. I started a new game and tried

goto lavacastlebaseinside

The trophy unlocked immediately after doing the save trick.

Fourteen Thousand Leagues Under the Sea: This unlocked by swimming down to the egg nest. I saw this tip in the comments to this guide.

Hope this helps!

Edited by MathGuy42z
Bolding for emphasis
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, MathGuy42z said:

Someone on TrueAchievements found that the console walkthroughs still work with 1.21 on Xbox if you go through the walkthrough, save and quit, load the save in 1.00, save and quit, then load the save in 1.21 again. The 1.00 version deletes the "dev console used" flag, apparently. Here's the original post.

FYI, this trick doesn't quite work with the PS4 disc. However, you can still use the PS4 disc version to clean the "used dev console" flag. So basically:

1. Use the current version 1.21. Play with the dev console until you're about to unlock a trophy. Save and quit.
2. Load the save with the 1.00 disc version. Save and quit.
3. Load the save with the current 1.21. Complete the requirements of the trophy. The trophy should unlock.

Since many trophies have to be done one at time (like visiting locations via teleport), this is a bit tedious. I would only recommend it if the player has two machines and a digital license. One machine can have the 1.21 version and the other use the disc (with automatic updates turned off). Use cloud saves to shuttle saves back and forth. You still have to manually cancel the update every time the 1.00 version starts up.

I was able to do the whole PS4 trophy list this way. This console command list was quite helpful. Here are a few specific tips.

Building the habitat: You can put the multipurpose room down in cheat mode. Just be in "clean mode" when adding the hatch. You can give yourself the needed material with:

item titanium 2
item quartz

Building the vehicles: Give yourself the needed resources with

resourcesfor cyclops
resourcesfor exosuit
resourcesfor seamoth

Fixing the Aurora leaks: Do not use "fixleaks". You will need to actually repair the 11 leaks. Give yourself radiation protection and the repair tool, then teleport to the drive core room with

item radiationsuit
item radiationhelmet
item radiationgloves
item welder
item knife
goto genroom

You will need to leave damage on since nodamage also means no damage to enemies. Parasites will latch onto you and then you can't use the repair tool since right trigger just tries to beat them off.

Fix 10 out of 11 leaks. Then do the save tricks.

In general when visiting deep underwater, it probably helped that I used:

item rebreather
item reinforceddivesuit
item reinforcedgloves
item highcapacitytank
item ultraglidefins

Thermal Activity: I had trouble getting this to unlock. I started a new game and tried

goto lavacastlebaseinside

The trophy unlocked immediately after doing the save trick.

Fourteen Thousand Leagues Under the Sea: This unlocked by swimming down to the egg nest. I saw this tip in the comments to this guide.

Hope this helps!

Nice find :).