Backups on external drive?

heavyrockerfin

Hey! I'm in the process of taking care of my consoles, starting with the PS3 and I was wondering if I could backup the whole thing (with the backup tool) to the same external HDD (2TB) that I use with my PS4 Pro? Or should I use flash drives and what not?

Mods: Feel free to move this topic on a more suitable place if you wish.

Just now, heavyrockerfin said:

I was wondering if I could backup the whole thing (with the backup tool) to the same external HDD (2TB) that I use with my PS4 Pro?

Definitely. I make full, periodic backups of my PS3 and PS4 to the same external drive. I also do periodic backups of my PS3 and PS4 saves to a flash drive, on the very low chance something happens to my cloud saves in the future.

• Like 2

For some reason my PS3 couldn't recognize the external drive, meanwhile PS4 knows it's there. I assume they use the same FAT system? No matter, I'll probably just go and buy a flash drive so I can copy saves.

I've looked millions (not literally) of videos on how to open my console and clean the dust but aargh.. It's nerve-racking ?

2 hours ago, heavyrockerfin said:

For some reason my PS3 couldn't recognize the external drive, meanwhile PS4 knows it's there. I assume they use the same FAT system? No matter, I'll probably just go and buy a flash drive so I can copy saves.

I've looked millions (not literally) of videos on how to open my console and clean the dust but aargh.. It's nerve-racking 1f628.png

Drive Has To Be Formatted to FAT32