My Thoughts On The Platinum...

OmriStyle27

Well, this is the only platinum trophy that i have that i don't really feel like i actually deserve or have any satisfaction from achieving it just because of the fact that you can get like 80% of the trophies by using AI , there are not a lot of trophies that you really have to sit down and play the game for , and most of those trophies are pretty easy too , maybe some of them are a little bit grindy but nothing special.

in my opinion there is only one hard trophy in this game , and this is the "No Bad Match Ups" trophy , some of the button combination that you have to pull off in the Strategy Tutorial can be a little bit challenging , but other than that the game was a breeze.

of course you can actually play the game without using AI and make your platinum run more satisfying , but i personally am not a big fan of 2D fighting games and after finishing the story and played 50 online matches , i felt like i had my fair share of time with the game and decided to the everything i can with AI.

this platinum is not a quick one but it is definitely not a hard one so i do recommend it.

Happy Trophy Hunting?

Edited by OmriStyle27
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 7:15 PM, Wilktron said:

The tutorials are hard and will take come time, combination*

Best advice I can give would be to practice them before the cancel & then practice the ones after the cancel and when you get the timing right, start forming it together. I was able to get through the tutorial quite quickly. Yes, I believe Baraka's was slightly challenging and one of Raiden's was crazy but it wasn't too hard. I'm definitely on the hunt to complete this one, at least. I'm trying to clear them out, one section at a time. I'm currently doing the Krypt at this moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a lot of fun getting this plat, but I agree, it is super easy and almost hunting for itself with the use of AI. I would've like to see a few kombat league trophies here. Nothing too challenging (like in wins in a row in MKX), but at least trophies for reaching a certain rank (Master?) and a number of wins. 

Edited by AllHailScience

MK9 and MKX were peak MK games. MK11 felt like an M-rated Injustice 2 mobile game that you paid for a premium that should have been free. Also, it's unanimously voted by the FGC as the most toxic fighting game in which I wholeheartedly agree. Disrespectful character retcons, character assassinations, and a half-assed attempt at an Avengers Endgame-like story. Half the cosmetics are just awful recolors, move sets are locked to gear/slots rather than variations, KL is called Toxic League by the majority, awesome cosmetics and brutalities are locked behind KL which is atrocious. Where the hell are factions, faction kills, Test your Luck, Test your Might, and breakers? (Breakaways are awful.) Recharging meters and Fatal Blow are absolutely unearned and unrewarding. The Krypt is a gigantic lootbox map that restocks itself after getting everything, restarting the whole process, gone are the days where can you unlock everything after a bit of dedication, now it's seems to be nigh unending. Lastly, always online-only was the last straw that made never to support NRS again after this $#!+show of a game. Let's not forget the abusive work environment people were subjected to. My friend was actually one of the people that worked with NRS via subcontract and this is the same subcontracting company Activision used as well in which they too, also wound up in another exposé article.

Overall, this game was a boring slog and a waste of time that I gave up platinuming this game as well as Injustice 2. I daresay that NRS has fallen far from grace of what it used to be.

Edited by KaganDraka4
  • Like 4

On 3/18/2023 at 5:02 AM, xChriSwooze said:

Best advice I can give would be to practice them before the cancel & then practice the ones after the cancel and when you get the timing right, start forming it together. I was able to get through the tutorial quite quickly. Yes, I believe Baraka's was slightly challenging and one of Raiden's was crazy but it wasn't too hard. I'm definitely on the hunt to complete this one, at least. I'm trying to clear them out, one section at a time. I'm currently doing the Krypt at this moment.

Sounds like a good advice.

Yeah just keep going at it and don't give up , you will manage to do it eventually , it just takes some practice.

Good Luck?

15 hours ago, AllHailScience said:

I had a lot of fun getting this plat, but I agree, it is super easy and almost hunting for itself with the use of AI. I would've like to see a few kombat league trophies here. Nothing too challenging (like in wins in a row in MKX), but at least trophies for reaching a certain rank (Master?) and a number of wins. 

Yeah this trophy list was a little bit disappointing , i expected to see more too.

they made it way too easy and the game itself also wasn't so great as the previous ones.

15 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

MK 11 was a real let down for me compared to MK 10 which was really good.

I mean trophy wise clearly a lot easier yes but in terms of the actual game itself, MK 10 was just so much better.

Couldn't agree more.

MK11 Wasn't so good compered to other games in the francies.

14 hours ago, KaganDraka4 said:

MK9 and MKX were peak MK games. MK11 felt like an M-rated Injustice 2 mobile game that you paid for a premium that should have been free. Also. it's unanimously voted by the FGC as the most toxic fighting game in which I wholeheartedly agree. Disrespectful character retcons, character assassinations, and a half-assed attempt at an Avengers Endgame-like story. Half the cosmetics are just awful recolors, move sets are locked to gear/slots rather than variations, KL is called Toxic League by the majority, awesome cosmetics and brutalities are locked behind KL which is atrocious. Where the hell are factions, faction kills, Test your Luck, Test your Might, and breakers? (Breakaways are awful.) Recharging meters and Fatal Blow are absolutely unearned and unrewarding. The Krypt is a gigantic lootbox map that restocks itself after getting everything, restarting the whole process, gone are the days where can you unlock everything after a bit of dedication, now it's seems to be nigh unending. Lastly, always online-only was the last straw that made never to support NRS again after this $#!+show of a game. Let's not forget the abusive work environment people were subjected to. My friend was actually one of the people that worked with NRS via subcontract and this is the same subcontracting company Activision used as well in which they too, also wound up in another exposé article.

Overall, this game was a boring slog and a waste of time that I gave up platinuming this game as well as Injustice 2. I daresay that NRS has fallen far from grace of what it used to be.

I agree with most of the things you said , especially about the Krypt , I've heard that some people actually liked it but i really don't understand why

it's just a big maze with loot boxes, i find it pretty boring.

Sorry to hear that you gave up on this platinum but it's pretty easy so if you ever change your mind i really recommend that you get it just because it's really dont take a lot of effort, just use AI to get most of the trophies.

• Like 1