Tips and Tricks

puckelberry

Now that the platinum is obtainable I thought it would be good to collect some tips for people starting or trophy hunting.

Heres some that I've found

• Most weapons can hold an extra bullet if you reload after cocking with a full clip, may not sound like much but the extra 1 can come in handy
  • After the first 2 bosses theres a "merchant" like section. The pool on the right just as you enter gives money for items and the donation station by the door gives souls
  • Magic is OP - if you upgrade anima storm all the tarot cards that say apply x damage with each hit is applied to each bolt so you can crush everyone very easily, can also target allies though which will cause them to attack you but theres no morality so if you kill one accidentally it's technically OK you monster
  • Prioritise tarots that add x damage with each hit as they stack and can make the last stages insanely easy. I especially like +1/2/4 for each 1000 unpurified souls. It maxes out at 5000 souls but means you can add on an extra 5/10/20 damage with each hit
  • If you're going for the headshot only run bear in mind that missed magic shots will end the run, theres also no good way so far of tracking your headshots. The hardest to do is Altair the first boss. The only advice I have is what jakD_710 said which is use fully upgraded anima storm on him and keep an eye on the hit location.
  • You can quit the game on any level and when you reload you will start back at the begining resetting lives lost, souls gained, and chest contents - very helpful if on the headshot run and you only get rubbish tarots
  • I'm not sure about others but I went into settings and pushed my inventory out which made reaching ammo much easier especially when sitting
  • After defeating the second boss you unlock the tarot lady who goes to the temple and is on the floor above you where you start after dying (may seem obvious but I totally missed her for hours after getting her), the benefit of her upgrades is they carry across classes so you can level up some of the new classes just for points to upgrade her stuff
  • Personal opinion but Rifleman and Assault are the best classes in the game so I sank the upgrade points from the other classes into the tarot lady for improved cards and items
  • After clearing a level don't use a medkit to heal until you've opened everything as health upgrades can fully heal you, theres nothing more annoying than wasting a medkit and finding an upgrade immediately after
  • For most classes don't bother upgrading the pistol as it tends to be a weapon of last resort when you dont have time to reload before a wolf or rat gets you

I'm sure theres more that I've missed but after playing the game tonnes this is stuff I wish I new at the start

Otherwise enjoy the game its awesome

• Like 4

13 hours ago, puckelberry said:

Now that the platinum is obtainable I thought it would be good to collect some tips for people starting or trophy hunting.

Heres some that I've found

• Most weapons can hold an extra bullet if you reload after cocking with a full clip, may not sound like much but the extra 1 can come in handy
  • After the first 2 bosses theres a "merchant" like section. The pool on the right just as you enter gives money for items and the donation station by the door gives souls
  • Magic is OP - if you upgrade anima storm all the tarot cards that say apply x damage with each hit is applied to each bolt so you can crush everyone very easily, can also target allies though which will cause them to attack you but theres no morality so if you kill one accidentally it's technically OK you monster
  • Prioritise tarots that add x damage with each hit as they stack and can make the last stages insanely easy. I especially like +1/2/4 for each 1000 unpurified souls. It maxes out at 5000 souls but means you can add on an extra 5/10/20 damage with each hit
  • If you're going for the headshot only run bear in mind that missed magic shots will end the run, theres also no good way so far of tracking your headshots. The hardest to do is Altair the first boss. The only advice I have is what jakD_710 said which is use fully upgraded anima storm on him and keep an eye on the hit location.
  • You can quit the game on any level and when you reload you will start back at the begining resetting lives lost, souls gained, and chest contents - very helpful if on the headshot run and you only get rubbish tarots
  • I'm not sure about others but I went into settings and pushed my inventory out which made reaching ammo much easier especially when sitting
  • After defeating the second boss you unlock the tarot lady who goes to the temple and is on the floor above you where you start after dying (may seem obvious but I totally missed her for hours after getting her), the benefit of her upgrades is they carry across classes so you can level up some of the new classes just for points to upgrade her stuff
  • Personal opinion but Rifleman and Assault are the best classes in the game so I sank the upgrade points from the other classes into the tarot lady for improved cards and items
  • After clearing a level don't use a medkit to heal until you've opened everything as health upgrades can fully heal you, theres nothing more annoying than wasting a medkit and finding an upgrade immediately after
  • For most classes don't bother upgrading the pistol as it tends to be a weapon of last resort when you dont have time to reload before a wolf or rat gets you

I'm sure theres more that I've missed but after playing the game tonnes this is stuff I wish I new at the start

Otherwise enjoy the game its awesome

Good writeup, thanks!

A few questions, if you don't mind:

How do you "push" the inventory? I didn't find anything about that in the settings and desperately searched. The default belt positioning sucks so much. I tried scrolling inside the settings to open up more options, but there didn't 't seem to be anything more than a few checkboxes for resetting VR position, disabling bolt handling and stuff. Am I missing something?

The trophy for firing before reloading didn't pop for me, which seems super weird. Can it only pop the first time at the firing range? I might've missed it there, and now it doesn't pop and I for sure fired loads of times without reloading.

"Fully upgraded anima storm" means you max your magic wadt weapon via your ranking at the smith and then buy the anima one before your run from the merchant in the starting hub? Or do you have to find it? Or is it the default one? The wands are a bit confusin in this game.

Thanks again and gl in your next game!

5 hours ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Good writeup, thanks!

A few questions, if you don't mind:

How do you "push" the inventory? I didn't find anything about that in the settings and desperately searched. The default belt positioning sucks so much. I tried scrolling inside the settings to open up more options, but there didn't 't seem to be anything more than a few checkboxes for resetting VR position, disabling bolt handling and stuff. Am I missing something?

The trophy for firing before reloading didn't pop for me, which seems super weird. Can it only pop the first time at the firing range? I might've missed it there, and now it doesn't pop and I for sure fired loads of times without reloading.

"Fully upgraded anima storm" means you max your magic wadt weapon via your ranking at the smith and then buy the anima one before your run from the merchant in the starting hub? Or do you have to find it? Or is it the default one? The wands are a bit confusin in this game.

Thanks again and gl in your next game!

In settings with XR there should be belt distance so you can just set it further away. If you still cant find it I'll see if I can grab a screenshot at some point/

Yeah the firing before reloading is interesting essentially it worked for me after I fully expent a clip, put another back in but didn't pull the bolt back and tried to fire

The anima storm is the starting wand that you can upgrade when you upgrade magic, do if you put points in it with the black smith the wand will be on your equip table at the start

1 minute ago, puckelberry said:

In settings with XR there should be belt distance so you can just set it further away. If you still cant find it I'll see if I can grab a screenshot at some point/

Yeah the firing before reloading is interesting essentially it worked for me after I fully expent a clip, put another back in but didn't pull the bolt back and tried to fire

The anima storm is the starting wand that you can upgrade when you upgrade magic, do if you put points in it with the black smith the wand will be on your equip table at the start

That makes me think I can't have "Disable bolt interaction" activated. That makes sense, I'll try that. Thanks a lot!

2 hours ago, M-3llo-W said:

What exactly is the wishing well? Already done 2 full runs with all 3 bosses but didn't encounter the well or I'm overseeing something

The section after the boss where you get have the 3 chests and the hadns holding the crystal heart. Once youve crossed to the main land turn right (ony our left is the merchant) and look at the tree with the pool and then throw something in the pool. It will give you money - thats the wishing well

• Like 1

7 hours ago, puckelberry said:

The section after the boss where you get have the 3 chests and the hadns holding the crystal heart. Once youve crossed to the main land turn right (ony our left is the merchant) and look at the tree with the pool and then throw something in the pool. It will give you money - thats the wishing well

OH, thanks. Never used that ??

11 hours ago, M-3llo-W said:

For the hypnotic kill I need to collect hypnotic tarot cards and just hope for the best? 

Yep and avoid any added damage cards. You can also soften up the enemy, although you made need to switch classes my rifleman was too strong to get in the hypnotise range so ended up using the pistoler (also because the reload action on it makes you feel badass)

Both steady hands and perfect shot are a lot harder now. The devs patched and changed the first boss so you can't damage till in the first room. So magic is completely worthless, considering it just goes crazy and hits walls and the protection charms. But I've managed to kill him with the rifle and flash grenade.

Though I didn't get the trophy and I only got headshots In that run. Are grenades allowed in a headshot only run?

12 hours ago, spiderlegend said:

Both steady hands and perfect shot are a lot harder now. The devs patched and changed the first boss so you can't damage till in the first room. So magic is completely worthless, considering it just goes crazy and hits walls and the protection charms. But I've managed to kill him with the rifle and flash grenade.

Though I didn't get the trophy and I only got headshots In that run. Are grenades allowed in a headshot only run?

I noticed the difference but you can still hit him by only throwing the magic directly up, with a decent build you can hit him 3 times without him shooting all around and running the risk of hitting the walls. 

I didn't use grenades out of fear, I missed the headshot trophy the first time through because of the last boss and redid him and got the trophy. So if you're absolutely sure you got all headshots it might be worth redoing him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, puckelberry said:

I noticed the difference but you can still hit him by only throwing the magic directly up, with a decent build you can hit him 3 times without him shooting all around and running the risk of hitting the walls. 

I didn't use grenades out of fear, I missed the headshot trophy the first time through because of the last boss and redid him and got the trophy. So if you're absolutely sure you got all headshots it might be worth redoing him.

I got it now..... I didn't use magicon Altair, I shot him 5 times and let him kill himself! (Took forever) Seems like he is glitched currently with decoys.

Best advice I have for anyone is take a screenshot of global stats page at start of a run. You can see shots hit, missed and headshots. Use this as a constant tool to see if you missed and need to reload. Beyond that I decided to upload my save to the cloud before exploring each room, since I was noticing missed shots increase sometimes when closing app.

Also I strongly believe grenades  do void this trophy, they count as a shot.

10 hours ago, SenpaiSlap said:

Hey. Can someone tell me how to change difficulty ? Some has mentioned there is a  father statue in the cemetry but i cant find it. I killed first boss only. 

You can change it after your first complete run. It is left before you enter the stage area/left after collecting your weapons. There are 4 difficulties each unlock after beating the game on the actual new difficulty 

10 hours ago, M-3llo-W said:

You can change it after your first complete run. It is left before you enter the stage area/left after collecting your weapons. There are 4 difficulties each unlock after beating the game on the actual new difficulty 

Got you.

I have another question. Ironically Sniped trophy. What exacly enemy you must snipe and from what distance  ?

There's some game breaking cheese for this game that might help some at least with power levelling to get their wanted classes fully boosted a bit quicker. I posted this to another forum a couple of weeks ago and nobody got upset but I don't want to ruin this for anyone, it's a very nice game. Plan to use this to aid boosting the classes I care about and hopefully, along with some ps+ save scumming for extra safety, get the headshot run completed). 

Spoiler

Set the in-game height level at its lowest and also your ps vr2's floor level really high. You can now travel around under the map largely unkillable. Some areas such as wooden walkways will leave you vulnerable, but solid rock should be fine. You might need to play around and find good settings, your guns might wonk out at any given moment, but you can move around and find good spots. You can kill stuff and they can't kill you back. AOE damage can still get you. Going under the floor in the 2nd boss is a great way to kill yourself!