Anyone else experiencing game-breaking bugs?

spellenboy

Hi all,

I recently decided to go for the PS3 version of Watch Dogs and I'm experiencing quite a lot of bugs: textured popping in and out, random game freezes, but also game-breaking bugs like at the very beginning when you enter the backyard at the birthday party my game would just get stuck on a black screen, and I had to restart my game. When I did so, my PS3 gave the typical 3 beep game crash indication. After that, I couldn't load up the save anymore. I then started a new game, and it all worked fine again until I got to that point. I then reinstalled the game, and that somehow fixed it. It worked fine then throughout act 1, but in the beginning of act 2 where you gotta save Jackson in the train after taking out the enemies when I get to the train, it's some low rendered train model with the doors closed so I cannot progress.

I did the PS4 version before this and had zero issues. Is this because of my disc? It does have some light scratching but nothing too major. I've had discs that were worse and worked fine.

It sounds like the disc is knackered and will need replacing. I've had games with only minor smudges or scratches on the disc that caused them to freeze and crash like mad until I cleaned them. Also, the install could be bad, because of the scratched disc so reinstall everything once you get a clean replacement disc.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 12-3-2023 at 0:25 PM, HuntingFever said:

It sounds like the disc is knackered and will need replacing. I've had games with only minor smudges or scratches on the disc that caused them to freeze and crash like mad until I cleaned them. Also, the install could be bad, because of the scratched disc so reinstall everything once you get a clean replacement disc.

I managed to pick up a new copy, reinstalled the game and everything is working fine again, you were indeed right. Thank you!