Taming the Spirits (wraits not blooming)

I cant bloom 3 wraiths even playing on hard.

All of them are Choshiro Kirishima chapters. But i neveer bloomed any wraith by him.

No matter what i did they never bloom

Sanae Hozuki chapter 7
Shoji Katagiri chapter 10

Kageri Sendo chapter 10

Want to ask help from you guys if you have time @HIBIKI_MOE@hank-50548@Anson961220@CrownClown555@THX-1138-4EB@Shulk_336v
Thank you if you can answer and help

Edited by Riv1404

Sanae and Kageri are the only ones i miss. I am in my hard playthrough at phase VIII. Maybe i am lucky with Kageri. But i am sure in my nightmare playthrough both of them will bloom.

Shoji bloomed for me in room 412 (4th floor). i dont know which chapter. hope this help.

Edited by SairenOne
  • Like 1

Hello, hopefully I can help a bit. Since Choshiro flashlight is so strong what I would usually try to do is either two Explode shot or one weak normal flash followed with a full knockback praying it wouldn't kill. There is a decent bit of RNG unfortunately so you migth have to reload the checkpoint if you kill them. It's a good idea to charge up on spirit points before fighting them or refilling up with the picture lens if you plan on using the Explode lens, which I would recommend since it's fairly low damage considering, and knocking back a ghost increase the odds for blooming.

Here is where I got each of them :

I got Sanae during chapter 7 in the examination room after coming back up from the laboratory under the director's office.

For Kageri I got her to bloom in the 3F gallery right at the start of chapter 10, what you can do to avoid rewatching the cutscenes in case of needing a reload is to start the chapter and make a quick trip to the lantern before going back to the gallery.

Next up is Shoji which I also got in chapter 10, right after Kageri you'll need to make your way up to the 4F, I got him to bloom in Sakuya's room during the fight against him and Shie Sonosaki. (Same room as SairenOne)

Last thing is that it might be easier, especially if you upgraded the flashlight power, to do it during a Nightmare run since they have higher HP and better chance of blooming.

Good luck on getting those blooms & let me know if there is anything else I could help with.

Edited by CrownClown555
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, CrownClown555 said:

Hello, hopefully I can help a bit. Since Choshiro flashlight is so strong what I would usually try to do is either two Explode shot or one weak normal flash followed with a full knockback praying it wouldn't kill. There is a decent bit of RNG unfortunately so you migth have to reload the checkpoint if you kill them. It's a good idea to charge up on spirit points before fighting them or refilling up with the picture lens if you plan on using the Explode lens, which I would recommend since it's fairly low damage considering, and knocking back a ghost increase the odds for blooming.

Here is where I got each of them :

I got Sanae during chapter 7 in the examination room after coming back up from the laboratory under the director's office.

For Kageri I got her to bloom in the 3F gallery right at the start of chapter 10, what you can do to avoid rewatching the cutscenes in case of needing a reload is to start the chapter and make a quick trip to the lantern before going back to the gallery.

Next up is Shoji which I also got in chapter 10, right after Kageri you'll need to make your way up to the 4F, I got him to bloom in Sakuya's room during the fight against him and Shie Sonosaki. (Same room as SairenOne)

Last thing is that it might be easier, especially if you upgraded the flashlight power, to do it during a Nightmare run since they have higher HP and better chance of blooming.

Good luck on getting those blooms & let me know if there is anything else I could help with.

Thank you. I did this 2 min ago with Kageri in the 3F gallery. 1 quick R2 tab and right after that 1 explode shot. This took away 95% of her health. took me five reloads.

Edited by SairenOne
  • Like 1

Did you guys got Tadayuki kaido on first chapter? I have killed him more than 30 times on nightmare using blast lens and no success.

*It seems there's a specific encounter where the ghosts may blossom. I got Tadayuki and Tomoko blossom two times each on chapter 4 at the same encounter. Please if you guys could tell where all the ghosts blossomed for you it would be of great help.

Edited by xXFinal_WaveXx

Sure, you might be able to get some in different places since I recall a few blooming more than once, but here is where I remember getting them listed in the order they appear in your Ghost List :

• Shie Sonosaki / Rogetsu Hall 3F - 310 Waning Moon - Chapter 5
  • Fuyuko Shiratsuki / Rogetsu Hall 2F - Control Room - Chapter 2
  • Yuzo Takemura / Exhibition Corridor - Chapter 6
  • Katsuhito Kariya / Haibara Infirmary B2F - Laboratory - Chapter 3
  • Yoriko Sonohara / Haibara Infirmary 1F - Entrance Hall - Chapter 3
  • Himiko Kariya / Haibara Infirmary B2F - Laboratory - Chapter 8
  • Sanae Hozuko / Haibara Infirmary 1F - Examination Room - Chapter 7
  • Tadayuki Kaido / Rogetsu Hall - 101 Harmonious Moon Entrance Hall - Chapter 4
  • Takashi Aiba / Haibara Infirmary 2F - Ward No. 1 - Chapter 8
  • Iori Aiba / Rogetsu Hall 2F - Ward Corridor - Chapter 2
  • Natsuki Shiono / Haibara Infirmary 2F - Old General Ward - Chapter 6
  • Tomoko Hinuma / Rogetsu Hall 1F - Harmonious Moon Entrance Hall - Chapter 4
  • Kazuto Amaki / Rogetsu Hall 2F - 206 Wizen Moon - Chapter 1
  • Asagi Hizuki / Haibara Infirmary 2F - Ward No. 2 & Lounge - Chapter 10
  • Kyoko Kitazume / Rogetsu Hall 4F - 4F Lift Lobby - Chapter 8
  • Madoka Tsukimori / Rogetsu Hall 1F - Archive - Chapter 1
  • Ayako / Rogetsu Hall 2F - 207 Orchid Moon & Room with Canopied Bed - Chapter 5
  • Shoji Kagiri / Rogetsu Hall 4F - 412 Frozen Moon - Chapter 10
  • Kageri Sendo / Rogetsu Hall 3F - Gallery - Chapter 10
  • Yuko Magaki / Rogetsu Hall 3F - 309 Faded Moon - Chapter 7
  • Tsubaki Tono / Cavern of Meditation - Tunnel - Final Chapter

Hope this is able to help you out a bit.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, CrownClown555 said:

Glad to hear you got it & fairly quickly too. This is honestly the hardest part of the plat since his flashlight is so strong haha, hope the rest goes smoothly for you guys.

Thank you for your help and advice.

In the end on nightmare all this 3 wraith blooms with no trouble at all.

I think they locked to nightmare difficulty so you do not collect all ghost early in the game. if you collect everything you can buy otimal upgrade, after that you can melt any wraith in the game on any difficulty.

• Like 1

Happy to hear it helped and that you got them all with no trouble.

That is a good point and it's definitely a possibility since as you mention the reward turns everything into a cakewalk. For reference I also did my first run on Hard and didn't manage to get all the blooms until my second go on Nightmare, though I did not try resetting on the first go.

I can confirm that you can capture all ghosts on normal difficulty except for those that need the new game + lens.

The strategy I used is to do virtually no power up in the camera and the ghosts will bloom more easily.

I platinumed the ps5 version and now I'm doing the ps4 version.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

This Blossoming System is honestly so fucking stupid. They’re meant to Blossom more on Nightmare yet none have for me. Of the like 7 I’ve meant to have so far, only two have done so. 

The flashlight ones are the absolute worst, it just does way too much damage so they never Blossom for it and because the save system is so bad you’re sometimes repeating 10-15 minute runs just for it to fail to Blossom again.

Ghosts NEEDED to just automatically Blossom on Nightmare, the hoops you have to jump through for this are honestly fucking stupid. Was really enjoying the game, this is now starting to ruin it for me. They just plain don’t ‘Blossom’, should never have had to get them for it to count to the Ghost List honestly.

Kageri won’t Blossom no matter what I do, I’ve reloaded the save 20 fucking times now. This is so fucking stupid, I’m waiting between shots, using Explode, using light taps, she stills dies in 2-3 fucking hits and won’t Bloom. I’m honestly close to done with this shot. I’m on Nightmare, still won’t fucking Bloom. This is stupid. This Blossoming bullshit has quite frankly sapped any enjoyment I had for the game, the rest of it? Fantastic, doable, but Blossoming is far too RNG-based, there’s way too limited encounters to Blossom half of them and they just refuse to Blossom. I’m retiring the Platinum, I have life-altering surgery in 5 days and this shit will make my heart give out before that as it’s just a fucking spasticated system. 

Edited by Oberlin1694