Super easy Steady Hands and Perfect Shot trophies

legoman-D

EDIT: OK, so someone messaged me saying the Global Sun Run is now showing as a 'Daily Run', and after 5 levels the next one is... The Chapel! That's a Boss level. I've personally never seen bosses in this run before today, so I did some digging.

The run up to the left is The Daily Run. It only becomes the Global Sun Run once a certain condition has been met - players have to collect 1 million souls between them! After this is completed, the Daily Run changes to the Global Sun Run for 1 week - this is when you can bag the easy trophies without bosses getting in the way!

The rest of this post assumes The Global Sun Run is active. If not, get in the Daily and help collect those souls!

At first sight, two really tough trophies blocking an otherwise nice easy platinum, but in reality they're now two of the easiest to obtain.

I posted in the tips & tricks thread yesterday, but tested it out on a Global Sun Run this afternoon in the hope it would give the two tricky trophies - result: win! It takes half an hour or so.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/21117-the-light-brigade/6-perfect-shot

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/21117-the-light-brigade/5-steady-hands

Method:

• In the PS VR2's settings, set the floor so it's really high up using the manual setting.
  • In The Light Brigade's XR menu, set the in-game floor height so your head is just above the floor so you can see around nicely, but from a bug's eye view. Not totally necessary, you can set it lower so you're always below ground if you like, it can just be a bit easier to navigate if you're able to see the world properly, if a little riskier.
  • Set crouch to be a click of the left stick, not a physical crouch - you won't need to do this if you're going 100% sub-terra firma.

What this does is allows you to scoot around underneath a level practically invincible. You can still take AOE damage, and you're not safe underneath the wooden walkways, but you're pretty much unkillable.

Once done the method to obtain the two trophies is now simple: Start a Global Run (not the regular Owl Run with the bosses, the Global Run up the hill to the left). The first enemy you encounter you should pop in the head to bag your 100% landed shots and 100% headshots. Now skip to the end of the level and pray to the exit. I think you've already guessed the rest - just scoot to the exit another 19 times and you're done. If the big guy appears in the exit, wait for him to step into the world and you can make your way past him like everyone else.

After catching a bomber's grenade and tossing it back at him earlier (actually caught it in my pouch, retrieved it and gave it back, lol), all I've got left for platinum now is to snipe a sniper, which won't be easy in all that fog, but I haven't really played the sniper class to find out for sure.

Good luck on a now easy platinum!

Edited by legoman-D
  • Like 4

Be careful, if you use this method it can happen that your character bugs under the ground after the run and you have to delete your save, happened to me. You can no longer press a button and only have transparent hands as controllers. If someone had it too, maybe someone knows how to restore it?.

On 3/23/2023 at 1:50 AM, MaRo-1000 said:

Be careful, if you use this method it can happen that your character bugs under the ground after the run and you have to delete your save, happened to me. You can no longer press a button and only have transparent hands as controllers. If someone had it too, maybe someone knows how to restore it?.

I would suggest to anyone in the future, backup your save before trying this. I haven't started the game yet, but it's always a good idea to back up anyways. I'll post more when I attempt this game during the weekend! I'll probably go for these two trophies first after getting a grasp at the controls. 

This worked like a charm! Trophies that suck the fun out of the game are the worst. Really seems like this would have been the case if you had not shared this. Thank you ??. 

I’m loving the game Frank! Sad to read you didn’t like it. Guess rogue likes aren’t for everyone though.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2023 at 6:28 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

This worked like a charm! Trophies that suck the fun out of the game are the worst. Really seems like this would have been the case if you had not shared this. Thank you 1f64f-1f3fb.png

I’m loving the game Frank! Sad to read you didn’t like it. Guess rogue likes aren’t for everyone though.

Funny thing is that it's not the rogue like part that I'm not enjoying. If executed well, I think this game would be amazing, the content is definitely there. It's just the fact that nothing feels smooth: guns feel wonky, aiming long distance is hard, grabbing your gun often fails, teleporting often doesn't do what I intend to do (definitely not a huge fan of teleporting anyway, we got joysticks now!!!) and so on. And with given how brutal this game is, this doesn't match well. Nothing as annoying as dieing because you are struggling with the game not doing what you intend to do.

I also don't like the first world with the fog and all. The last part (between boss 2 and 3) is so much cooler!

Having said that, using the exploit gave me at least some fun out of the game. But am I happy I don't have to do those 2 hard trophies legit, mad props to anyone who can actually do those!

On 3/29/2023 at 3:17 AM, ProximityFrank said:

grabbing your gun often fails

The first thing I did was change it so that once I click R1, the hand stays in place, I dislike having to hold R1 continuously when a gun is equipped. I agree, the gameplay loop is fun. I do wish there were trophies for getting each class to level 5, just for variety and obtaining skill points.

I completely agree regarding "Steady Hands", and "Perfect Shot". Completing a run in itself is a tall enough task . . . not missing a single shot, and then 100% headshots? Ridiculous. 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

The first thing I did was change it so that once I click R1, the hand stays in place, I dislike having to hold R1 continuously when a gun is equipped. I agree, the gameplay loop is fun. I do wish there were trophies for getting each class to level 5, just for variety and obtaining skill points.

I'm having issues with hypnotizing an enemy, is "corrupt" the same as hypnotizing? I completely agree regarding "Steady Hands", and "Perfect Shot". Completing a run in itself is a tall enough task . . . not missing a single shot, and then 100% headshots? Ridiculous. 

I also toggled that setting. I also actually leveled all my classes because I thought the ironically sniped trophy required the sniper class (it doesn't), which is the final class.

No, corrupt is not the same as hypnotize. To get hypnotize, you first need the card that lowers the treshold by 5%. What this means is that every time an enemy's health get below 5% they get hypnotized and starts shooting enemies. So once you have that card it's still a bit tricky to lower an enemies health to that point, especially if you have a lot of damage upgrades. To help them actually kill an enemy, you can weaken it and the hypnotized one only has to deal the final blow. I actually got the trophy when they killed an eagle (got the card very early)

On 23/03/2023 at 6:50 AM, MaRo-1000 said:

This shouldn't be related to your character's position above/below ground. Around the 21st/22nd there was a bug introduced that corrupted your save file if you ended the daily/global run - it spawned you back in the hub with a non-character and weird hands. They patched it on the 23rd/24th (same day as your post depending where in the world you are) and V1.1 fixed the issue:

Critical Fixes

• Fixed a critical bug breaking save files when hitting end-run during daily run in some cases

On 27/03/2023 at 6:18 AM, ben122500 said:

Thank you this absolutely helped me complete the trophy while glitching under the map. I didn't even need to get the 1 million souls, I just did it in the normal Global run.

Yep, if the Global Run is active, you're fine to just go run it, it's only while the Daily Run is active that you have to work with everyone else to obtain the 1 million souls as a collective in order to unlock the Global Run for another week. It's an interesting mechanic, hope they can add more community-driven things like this to encourage more engagement.

Edited by legoman-D
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, legoman-D said:

This shouldn't be related to your character's position above/below ground. Around the 21st/22nd there was a bug introduced that corrupted your save file if you ended the daily/global run - it spawned you back in the hub with a non-character and weird hands. They patched it on the 23rd/24th (same day as your post depending where in the world you are) and V1.1 fixed the issue:

Yep, if the Global Run is active, you're fine to just go run it, it's only while the Daily Run is active that you have to work with everyone else to obtain the 1 million souls as a collective in order to unlock the Global Run for another week. It's an interesting mechanic, hope they can add more community-driven things like this to encourage more engagement.

Yep, your right.    It was just so perfekt because i played it so many times and only then it happend. xD  But i got the Save Back after the Patch. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kravnnn said:

Does anyone know if the Global Run is active this week?

You just need to go up on the left and look at the % of the Global Run if its at 60 % its most likely at the next day, at least it was like this. I just looked it up everyday.

Just got the platinum, thanks for the advice. Another tip: don't forget to lower the difficulty to Recruit at the Father's statue. My first try was on the highest difficulty, so the first enemy took 4 shots to be killed, and only in the end I found out that one of the shots wasn't a headshot.

Edited by ryozombaku
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

FYI, anyone else trying to get these 2 trophies. For some, they unlocked because of a bug that was patched today but if you are like me and just got the game or missed out on the bug, you can do it legit without needing to do OP's way as well. Here's a video of me doing it, basically just do the daily run (arduous forest), take one headshot, keep teleporting to the end of each level, within 10-15 min, you should get the trophies. There's no bosses to deal with. You can even die as I did here, but only at 2 max. 

Edited by Royalcommand
  • Like 1