Unlockables able to be used for S rank?

Lonemankane

On 4/22/2023 at 3:31 AM, MercureUnleashed said:

Here is an awesome guide with nice tips to help with it. Especially for the professional S+ rank where you can't save more than 15 times.

https://gamewith.net/resident-evil-4-remake/article/show/38536

If you struggle doing it in a single run, you can get S+ on each difficulty to get bonuses (like the ashley armor) but it's very doable without.

You can also practice some skips, some are very helpful :

https://game8.co/games/Resident-Evil-4-Remake/archives/409299

Last one, here a speedrun on professional with S+ rank in 2h, you can follow this and pause the game while watching it to optimize time

https://youtu.be/RKO_6tyyY64

Thanks for the tips.  I'll have to check these out at some point.  I did the Cabin section in one go!  Right now the thing that's worrying me is the time to achieve S+.  At lot of guides say don't worry about speedrunning and that I'll have ample time by the end.  Hopefully that's right because I'm an 1h 27mins into my Professional run right now.

1 hour ago, TheTallSamoanGuy said:

Thanks for the tips.  I'll have to check these out at some point.  I did the Cabin section in one go!  Right now the thing that's worrying me is the time to achieve S+.  At lot of guides say don't worry about speedrunning and that I'll have ample time by the end.  Hopefully that's right because I'm an 1h 27mins into my Professional run right now.

it is true mate, as long as you get to the castle in at least 2 hours or 2 hours and 10mins your making an alright pace.

On 4/21/2023 at 7:35 PM, TheTallSamoanGuy said:

For those who did professional and got S+, did you use any of the bonus costumes to aid you?  Just got to Ch. 5 and Ashley got kidnapped at the farm just before the Cabin fight.  Boy am I in for a ride!

Just used the armor set for ashley after doing a new game plus to unlock it. I did have the gasmask but it really didn't help for anything much. Im using the cat ears for my final pro playthrough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zombie_ninja_X said:

Just used the armor set for ashley after doing a new game plus to unlock it. I did have the gasmask but it really didn't help for anything much. Im using the cat ears for my final pro playthrough.

yeah the car ears makes any other speedrun of the game a breeze. I beaten the game a total of 7 to 8ish times, the extra 4 to 5 runs was for money to buy all weapons and fully upgrade them all. I be honest, the guns are kind of flat the worse being broken butterfly, normal shotgun, bolt action rifle and the Assault Rifle. Broken butterfly can't hit for anything unless you wait abit even then your better off with the killer 7. 

When it comes to normal shotgun your better off using the riot one or the striker as they have more firerate and deal the dmg better sure it does better at maxed out but it is not worth the time when it does not shoot as fast as the riot shotgun or striker. The bolt action is ok dmg wise but is outclassed easily by the Stingray due to speed and fast dealing of dmg. in the og the bolt action was really good as it lacked speed sure but it at least had very good sound effects that made it fun to use with the lack of that in this and the faster speed your best bet is that rifle than the bolt action.

The Assault Rifle if you ask me is the worse weapon due to it using rifle ammo and it being not really worth using unless you fully upgrade it but even then it is only good if you wanted to try just smgs and that only. Personally I feel the gun is a waste of time as it is not as good as the snipers and is not as good as the one in re3 remake if you ask me.

• 2 weeks later...

After two weeks I finally finished my second playthrough on Professional and got S+!! I was a bit worried early on in the playthrough that I wasn't going to complete the run in under 5h30mins and I was blowing through all my saves very early.  Towards the end I had to do at least a chapter and half before saving.  Utilizing the skips helped out big time (golden egg Salazar, grenades to blow up the wall & AA gun).  Happy to finally get S+, all the S+ trophies and get the cat ears and some bonus weapons & costumes.  

• Like 1