Unlockables able to be used for S rank?

Lonemankane

So as the title says am wondering if in this remake you can use unlockables to get an S+ rank as the time it needs that being 5 hours and so on seems to be well too much unless you can do new game plus and use the unlockables to beat the game faster. That is if the plaga beam gun is still in the game

Just now, ArtMontef said:

Plaga beam gun is not in the game. Powerpyx guide said you can use unlockables for some runs, but I'd suggest reading the guide for that, better that than do whole run and not pop the trophy

Ah but it does not seem to show any of the unlockables such as the pre order things and or dlc related things and if they help at all 

19 hours ago, DeadmanStrife said:

Just checked his guide, cannot use NG+ for getting S+ ranks one Normal and Professional. And to unlock the hand cannon, that is necessary for a trophy, you can't use bonus weapons on Professional

And this is awsome that you actually have to work for the plat! And its not handed to you! So happy it is a 7/10. I think its a 5/10 for me tho;)

• Like 2

Vor 21 Minuten sagte DividedByMankind:

Und das ist großartig, dass SIE tatsächlich für den Plat arbeiten müssen! Und es wird dir nicht übergeben! So glücklich, dass es 7/10 ist. Ich denke, es ist ein 5/10 für mich, aber ;)

I share your views, but you could have deleted the last sentence. That does not make you sympathetic

Edited by I3attleking
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

And this is awsome that you actually have to work for the plat! And its not handed to you! So happy it is a 7/10. I think its a 5/10 for me tho;)

OG RE4 is fine in terms of how it worked this S rank thing seems out of left field and plus i don't mind working for plats but hardcore and i believe pro mode is well poorly made. it is not really a challenge when every enemy is a bullet sponge. the fight with the giant fish is a great example of this problem. It take over 10 spears to kill it in, in OG RE4 it took about give or take 8 9ish then it is over not only that you basically have to kill alot of enemies if you want to even have a good chance to be strong enough to fight the bosses. Just like Re8 village of shadow again every enemy is a sponge and it feels lazy. 

I can play OG RE4 without much problems on pro mode as when you fight normal enemies you can have a flow that is easy to understand once you know as hitting either in the head or knee gives you ease to use melee attacks and then run up and stab the enemies on the floor as much as you can to save ammo for other enemies and so on. in this you have to waste alot of ammo to stun an enemy to melee them and so on it is annoying.

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 2

If you unlock the Chicago typewriter and do enough side-quests to get 30 spinels by the castle section of the game, you can use it and get it's exclusive infinite ammo upgrade. Trivializing the rest of the play through. So the only "difficult" part would be act 1

• Like 1

On 25/3/2023 at 5:54 AM, Lonemankane said:

OG RE4 is fine in terms of how it worked this S rank thing seems out of left field and plus i don't mind working for plats but hardcore and i believe pro mode is well poorly made. it is not really a challenge when every enemy is a bullet sponge. the fight with the giant fish is a great example of this problem. It take over 10 spears to kill it in, in OG RE4 it took about give or take 8 9ish then it is over not only that you basically have to kill alot of enemies if you want to even have a good chance to be strong enough to fight the bosses. Just like Re8 village of shadow again every enemy is a sponge and it feels lazy. 

I can play OG RE4 without much problems on pro mode as when you fight normal enemies you can have a flow that is easy to understand once you know as hitting either in the head or knee gives you ease to use melee attacks and then run up and stab the enemies on the floor as much as you can to save ammo for other enemies and so on. in this you have to waste alot of ammo to stun an enemy to melee them and so on it is annoying.

totally agree with the bullet sponges, at least in the OG if you shot them in the head or legs, you could stun them easily, in 1 or 2 shots tops, meanwhile i gotten to shoot some basic ass ganados in the head or legs 4 or even 6 times without stunning them, i have the muscle memory of 2 shots so ingrained in me that more often than not i´m lowering the gun to run towards someone just to get attacked immediately, it´s taking me a while, but i´m steadily chipping it off

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ferdinand357 said:

totally agree with the bullet sponges, at least in the OG if you shot them in the head or legs, you could stun them easily, in 1 or 2 shots tops, meanwhile i gotten to shoot some basic ass ganados in the head or legs 4 or even 6 times without stunning them, i have the muscle memory of 2 shots so ingrained in me that more often than not i´m lowering the gun to run towards someone just to get attacked immediately, it´s taking me a while, but i´m steadily chipping it off

I agree, but what makes this worse is you cant really move fast enough to really get away along with the slow movement of both yourself and Ashley. It drives you up the wall. This Remake feels like whoever made it didn't understand how the og worked in the harder modes. it feels like a joke if you ask me, as bullet sponges, slow movement and barely any power to react/ deal with the problems around you in a good way makes it frustrating more than scary and I have no clue how people can enjoy this.

On 3/30/2023 at 5:27 AM, Syncro_eSM said:

If you unlock the Chicago typewriter and do enough side-quests to get 30 spinels by the castle section of the game, you can use it and get it's exclusive infinite ammo upgrade. Trivializing the rest of the play through. So the only "difficult" part would be act 1

This is very helpful, gonna start the game soon and this will surely help me, thanks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

I agree, but what makes this worse is you cant really move fast enough to really get away along with the slow movement of both yourself and Ashley. It drives you up the wall. This Remake feels like whoever made it didn't understand how the og worked in the harder modes. it feels like a joke if you ask me, as bullet sponges, slow movement and barely any power to react/ deal with the problems around you in a good way makes it frustrating more than scary and I have no clue how people can enjoy this.

That's an aspect I really didn't like in the demo and what kept me from getting the game day one. I never got a chance to play the original but I felt like this remake was way too action-heavy for how sluggish a lot of the movement and aiming felt.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

That's an aspect I really didn't like in the demo and what kept me from getting the game day one. I never got a chance to play the original but I felt like this remake was way too action-heavy for how sluggish a lot of the movement and aiming felt.

37 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

RE4 was always made to be a confrontational action game. The original "worked" because it was limited to its time with the tanky controls and Capcoms experience in this field. That is why almost everything was balanced on Leons, rather limited, movement.

With RE4 remake they tried to give the FEAR back, so that you would be afraid to fight enemies. But they gave the players better mobility and a parry and ducking mechanic to fight that. And you can run away, what are you on about? The only regular enemy that will be faster is the dog (outside of some mini-bosses and bosses).

The game has a few minuscule problems, like the sometimes over-tuned adaptive difficulty - but none are gamebreaking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I-Kami-I said:

RE4 was always made to be a confrontational action game. The original "worked" because it was limited to its time with the tanky controls and Capcoms experience in this field. That is why almost everything was balanced on Leons, rather limited, movement.

With RE4 remake they tried to give the FEAR back, so that you would be afraid to fight enemies. But they gave the players better mobility and a parry and ducking mechanic to fight that. And you can run away, what are you on about? The only regular enemy that will be faster is the dog (outside of some mini-bosses and bosses).

The game has a few minuscule problems, like the sometimes over-tuned adaptive difficulty - but none are gamebreaking.

The game has a lot of problems and I have no clue what you been playing compared to me. Your running is too slow making it hard to get away from attacks of enemies charging you or trying to grab you and plus you get staggered so easy by enemies when your trying to run past them, the so called "Ducking mechanic" only works half the time as most times you will be grabbed if your trying to use the ducking to get away from that. you have barely any iframes when doing actions such as climbing ladders unless of course it is tied to opening doors and it is more annoying than it sounds when your climbing a ladder and somehow a chainsaw still kills you while climbing up a fucking ladder.

I played all of the game from start to finish on hardcore and been doing pro mode S+ run and I find it to be a slog in both modes. normal felt closer to og but too easy in terms of dealing with dmg they dealt to you and so on.

There is no Fear factor when your getting killed by either slow janky movement. inputs not being picked up or worse of all poorly made Ai for Ashley. she never stays close to you unlike OGs. There is always a small gap between you and her if you tell her to stay close and telling her to stay back behind is a waste of time. 

I really wanted to enjoy this game but I can't get to enjoy it because of all the problems it has and the so called "minusecule problems" it has, has become a major problem to the enjoyment. I don't mind the up in your fast nature of enemies and so on in games it is a good change but if you can't move for shit or even get a moment to breath to get to mange yourself and supplies to deal with the problems it is not fun.

A great game that has faster pace movement and a lot of enemies and so on is og Dead space and from what I seen dead space remake as well. they let you have the controls down better than this remake for re4 if you ask me. it feels too slow and pretty much is as Leon either runs like he has the same smoker problems Sebastian had in Evil Within 1 or runs like Arthur Morgan from RDR2 when your not tapping the x button to make them run faster.

2 hours ago, Creasy007 said:

Your better off going to pick up OG RE4 as while it is limiting in terms of how tank controls are and so on once you get used to them controls you can have a really fun time with it plus it is far cheaper than the remake. And if you asked me this remake is worth picking up but not at full price your better off getting it at half the price and plus later down the line they might put out the missing parts of the og into the game as well such as Ada's story and maybe the weapons missing from it too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

The game has a lot of problems and I have no clue what you been playing compared to me. Your running is too slow making it hard to get away from attacks of enemies charging you or trying to grab you and plus you get staggered so easy by enemies when your trying to run past them, the so called "Ducking mechanic" only works half the time as most times you will be grabbed if your trying to use the ducking to get away from that. you have barely any iframes when doing actions such as climbing ladders unless of course it is tied to opening doors and it is more annoying than it sounds when your climbing a ladder and somehow a chainsaw still kills you while climbing up a fucking ladder.

I played all of the game from start to finish on hardcore and been doing pro mode S+ run and I find it to be a slog in both modes. normal felt closer to og but too easy in terms of dealing with dmg they dealt to you and so on.

There is no Fear factor when your getting killed by either slow janky movement. inputs not being picked up or worse of all poorly made Ai for Ashley. she never stays close to you unlike OGs. There is always a small gap between you and her if you tell her to stay close and telling her to stay back behind is a waste of time. 

I really wanted to enjoy this game but I can't get to enjoy it because of all the problems it has and the so called "minusecule problems" it has, has become a major problem to the enjoyment. I don't mind the up in your fast nature of enemies and so on in games it is a good change but if you can't move for shit or even get a moment to breath to get to mange yourself and supplies to deal with the problems it is not fun.

A great game that has faster pace movement and a lot of enemies and so on is og Dead space and from what I seen dead space remake as well. they let you have the controls down better than this remake for re4 if you ask me. it feels too slow and pretty much is as Leon either runs like he has the same smoker problems Sebastian had in Evil Within 1 or runs like Arthur Morgan from RDR2 when your not tapping the x button to make them run faster.

First of all, I did the game now 6 times on professional without using any glitches, so don't come to me like that.

Running is slow? So how comes I can literally run away from enemies despite playing on pro. I always skip any fight in Chapter 4 to be better set for the cabin siege. Are you just too close to enemies charging at you? Ever wondered that? How about you learn from your mistakes and bait attacks before running past them, maybe give them a taste of your shotgun.

The thing with i-frames is intended, else you can cheese the shit out of encounters. But apparently that is what you like - participation rewards and no work.

Ashley stays rather close to you, if you tell her. Maybe you hit R3 to tell her keeping her distance without noticing. The only thing about the AI that is a bit dumb, are the times in which Ashley or Louis try to reposition themself if you are to close to a wall - that leads them in your aim. But again, that is the players fault for not paying attention. Where are they supposed to go? Clipping through the wall?

It is more a "you" problem and less a game problem. You thought, you get RE4 in better graphics. But this is not the case. You adapt to it or not - but if you do, you will start to enjoy it way more.

Edited by I-Kami-I
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, zombie_ninja_X said:

This didn't age well lol.

yep it didn't lol. Capcom always does this but I don't really care to be fair. I mean this happen before with evil within 2 with the use of cheats making the classic mode playthrough piss easy but I didn't care then and same now. if people want to take the easy way let them it is not my place to judge them on what they do it is more on my own terms of what I plan to do that I should judge so to speak.

Plus I still personally feel re4 remake is flawed in terms of how things are mostly with lack of iframes from doing simple actions like climbing ladders and so on. it was not a enjoyable game for me if anything I rather the og and this remake is fine but people should view the remake and compare it fairly then saying if you have a disagreement with someone calling it blinded by nostalgia. As there is a lot of things that make this game just a mess in harder modes it is not a fun game in them, it is by far better than 3 remake and 2 but it will never touch 1 remake as that is the peak of how to make a remake.

Edited by Lonemankane

15 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

yep it didn't lol. Capcom always does this but I don't really care to be fair. I mean this happen before with evil within 2 with the use of cheats making the classic mode playthrough piss easy but I didn't care then and same now. if people want to take the easy way let them it is not my place to judge them on what they do it is more on my own terms of what I plan to do that I should judge so to speak.

Plus I still personally feel re4 remake is flawed in terms of how things are mostly with lack of iframes from doing simple actions like climbing ladders and so on. it was not a enjoyable game for me if anything I rather the og and this remake is fine but people should view the remake and compare it fairly then saying if you have a disagreement with someone calling it blinded by nostalgia. As there is a lot of things that make this game just a mess in harder modes it is not a fun game in them, it is by far better than 3 remake and 2 but it will never touch 1 remake as that is the peak of how to make a remake.

I'm having so much fun with it. I super enjoy it, even got the S+ rank on professional. Doing my PRO run without special weapons so i have to try and think of ways to handle bosses and stuff. Usually rocket launcher after i sell everything. 

46 minutes ago, zombie_ninja_X said:

I'm having so much fun with it. I super enjoy it, even got the S+ rank on professional. Doing my PRO run without special weapons so i have to try and think of ways to handle bosses and stuff. Usually rocket launcher after i sell everything. 

I got the S+ rank as well without using any of the unlockable weapons on pro mode. I still stand by what I said. I have the plat done everything in the game so far but still couldn't enjoy it as much as og 4 or the other games.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheTallSamoanGuy said:

For those who did professional and got S+, did you use any of the bonus costumes to aid you?  Just got to Ch. 5 and Ashley got kidnapped at the farm just before the Cabin fight.  Boy am I in for a ride!

Here is an awesome guide with nice tips to help with it. Especially for the professional S+ rank where you can't save more than 15 times.

https://gamewith.net/resident-evil-4-remake/article/show/38536

If you struggle doing it in a single run, you can get S+ on each difficulty to get bonuses (like the ashley armor) but it's very doable without.

You can also practice some skips, some are very helpful :

https://game8.co/games/Resident-Evil-4-Remake/archives/409299

Last one, here a speedrun on professional with S+ rank in 2h, you can follow this and pause the game while watching it to optimize time

https://youtu.be/RKO_6tyyY64

• Like 1