PS4 Region Stacking (Not PS3)

Sorry if this has been answered, but an hour of searching hasn't yielded anything conclusive.  

I know PS3 servers are down, making the plat unobtainable.  However, from the trophy list on this site, I see the following:

Releases PS4 • WW • Sep 01, 2015
PS3 • WW • Sep 01, 2015
PS3 • EU • Sep 01, 2015
PS3 • NA • Sep 01, 2015
PS4 • NA • Sep 01, 2015
PS4 • EU • Sep 01, 2015

This shows 3 separate PS4 'releases'.  Does that mean, since I'm in NA, I could buy the EU version and get another plat?  I have the platinum from what I assume is the WW or NA one already, not sure how I'd determine which I have.  

Twice before I've bought other regions of a game only to find out they shared a trophy list, so hoping to know for sure so I don't waste the money.   Would LOVE to plat this game again, was such a rich and enjoyable experience all those years ago.  Thank you in advance!

Edited by KegMack

6 minutes ago, KegMack said:

This shows 3 separate PS4 'releases'.  Does that mean, since I'm in NA, I could buy the EU version and get another plat?

No.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain only has two trophy stacks; PS4 and PS3.

If you want to stack another game, I recommend Bayonetta since you have it on your PSN profile. Bayonetta has four trophy stacks; PS3, PS4 global, PS4 Asia, and PS4 Japan. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers.  Incidentally, how do you know which games are stackable?  I know there's this: The Stackable Games List - PS4 Discussion - PS3Imports.org , but who knows when and how that's updated.  Clearly the releases published on the game info page don't actually mean separate trophy lists.... so is there like a definitive resource to know these things?  

If you want to stack another game, I recommend Bayonetta since you have it on your PSN profile. Bayonetta has four trophy stacks; PS3, PS4 global, PS4 Asia, and PS4 Japan. ;)

PS  Thanks for the Bayonetta recommendation.  I remember finding that one kinda frustrating for me. I'm an old man, and my reflexes are kinda trash lol.  Games like Sekiro I and Souls I can eventually power through because I usually know what I did wrong when I die, but Bayonetta just seemed like I was getting knocked by cheap hits all the time.   It's definitely me though; I know it's a very highly-rated and loved game so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Edited by KegMack

26 minutes ago, KegMack said:

how do you know which games are stackable?

While looking at the trophy list, scroll down and look on the right. It'll display region and platform stacks right there.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KegMack said:

PS Thanks for the Bayonetta recommendation.  I remember finding that one kinda frustrating for me. I'm an old man, and my reflexes are kinda trash lol. Games like Sekiro I and Souls I can eventually power through because I usually know what I did wrong when I die, but Bayonetta just seemed like I was getting knocked by cheap hits all the time. It's definitely me though; I know it's a very highly-rated and loved game so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Since you are able to plat Sekiro, I'm sure you'll be able to plat Bayonetta. This game has exploits which will make the plat journey easier.

If you decide to pick up the game again, feel free to message me directly on this website.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Helyx said:

While looking at the trophy list, scroll down and look on the right. It'll display region and platform stacks right there.

Thank you very much!  I DO see it now, and honestly have no excuse why I didn't before.  I really should have noticed this years ago.... :facepalm:

Since you are able to plat Sekiro, I'm sure you'll be able to plat Bayonetta. This game has exploits which will make the plat journey easier.

You do make a compelling case.  It would be nice to at least finish the one I started, and maybe see why everyone digs this game so much.  Appreciate the encouragement : ) 

• Like 1