I think I'm screwed

Maahniac

Ok, so... I think I'm screwed. I'm at the very final boss of the game on New Game+ Ultra Hard, and I find it impossibly difficult. I think the problem is that I don't have any of the great armors (Nora Thunder or Oseram Artificer), and my Legendary weapons are not fully upgraded. The thing is however, I perfectly managed getting THIS far on Ultra Hard. Not even the Slaughterspine in the Gemini mission gave me much of a headache, despite my shitty armor and weapons.

So what would you recommend me to do now? Do I need to load up the pre-boss autosave, and go get that Oseram Artificer armor (on Ultra Hard... gulp) and which weapons would you recommend me to focus my upgrades on?

I'm aware that what i SHOULD have done, was start my New Game+ from a save with a fully upgraded Legendary armor and weapons, but... that's not the case, so can I do anything to fix this... or do I really need to start over?

OR... if anyone out there beat the final boss on Ultra Hard with shitty armor and weapons - just like me - please share your strategy and tips with me. I read somewhere that someone beat it with rocks only... on Ultra Hard. So I guess anything is possible ?

Upgrade your pouches to max, so you can carry more ammo and materials for crafting ammo. Get some of the new dlc weapons for 10 tokens each and don't worry about armor. I was in the same boat having shitty weapons and was stuck. I reloaded and grinded for a few hours it was worth it I beat the final boss first try. Buy these Ng+ weapons blast slinger and the throwing spear forgot it's name, you don't even need to upgrade them. 

Legacy's reach blastsling

Defiance Spike thrower. These two weapons are all you need no upgrades needed.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Upgrade your pouches to max, so you can carry more ammo and materials for crafting ammo. Get some of the new dlc weapons for 10 tokens each and don't worry about armor. I was in the same boat having shitty weapons and was stuck. I reloaded and grinded for a few hours it was worth it I beat the final boss first try. Buy these Ng+ weapons blast slinger and the throwing spear forgot it's name, you don't even need to upgrade them.

Thank you, I really appreciate those comforting words, haha! I hope it'll work!

12 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Did you use a specific tactic against the final boss?

Use the legacy's reach first to get acid damage build up, then switch to defiance Spike thrower explosive ammo keep pelting it. Rinse and repeat. You'll find the boss will spend more time stunned on the floor than attacking you. But I would definitely wanna upgrade ammo capacity and materials capacity just in case, it's much quicker and easier than grinding upgrades for the weapons on Ultra hard.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG