Difficulty for solo

DhillsPlats

As the title says; Im wondering if anyone who has this platinum solo can tell me what difficulty they found this game to be?

Also what glitches still work just incase i do go insane and need the extra help

Edited by DhillsPlats
spelling error

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2023 at 7:46 AM, DhillsPlats said:

As the title says; Im wondering if anyone who has this platinum solo can tell me what difficulty they found this game to be?

Also what glitches still work just incase i do go insane and need the extra help

I recently completed authentic in solo, not really too difficult, I would rated it a 5-6/10 while going solo, I even complete all secondary objectives and collect all collectibles while in authentic difficulty, each missions you can find a safe spot and snipe them all frm far away while placing some tripwire and mines frm ur position to avoid the enemies frm flanking you, the hardest chapter for me was chapter 5

The only tricky parts (to me at least) are the authentic playthrough. All the other trophies are fairly doable, for the Survival trophy the tanks and armoured enemies in the later stages are the only real hard part.

For authentic I found that the best strategy was taking as few shots as possible. Except the last mission in the missle base I think I shot maybe 4-5 enemies. 

Brutal Barracuda on YT has some great guides as well.

I did this recently as well and it turned out much easier than I thought it would be.  You can quick save whenever you want, if you break stealth it's usually contained to only part of the level, and none of the objectives are really difficult to figure out.  The old Uncharted corner trick works fine, so I spent most of the game in high alert using my sniper rifle as an assault rifle, lightly holding L2 and letting everyone come to me.  Probably not how you're supposed to play it, but it was easy and fun.  With a little patience the actual skill required is probably only a 2 or 3 out of 10.

So that's good for everything except the trophy where you have to play on Authentic (or + if you're going for 100%) with no manual saves.  I spent 8-10 hours trying to do it legit and couldn't get past the first 10 enemies on the first map.  That's 10/10 for me, but if you're better at shooters then you might have a better time.

There are 2 exploits you can use to get this easier, though:  I ended up using the one where you use a second account and do each mission with manual saves, then invite your main and finish the levels.  This was still about a 5/10, but was much easier than doing it legit.

Also, if you're doing the DLC, that's probably a 4 or 5 as well, there are some trophies that require you to get through the missions without any alerts.  Good luck, hope you enjoy the game!

1 hour ago, FeelTheCosmos said:

I did this recently as well and it turned out much easier than I thought it would be.  You can quick save whenever you want, if you break stealth it's usually contained to only part of the level, and none of the objectives are really difficult to figure out.  The old Uncharted corner trick works fine, so I spent most of the game in high alert using my sniper rifle as an assault rifle, lightly holding L2 and letting everyone come to me.  Probably not how you're supposed to play it, but it was easy and fun.  With a little patience the actual skill required is probably only a 2 or 3 out of 10.

So that's good for everything except the trophy where you have to play on Authentic (or + if you're going for 100%) with no manual saves.  I spent 8-10 hours trying to do it legit and couldn't get past the first 10 enemies on the first map.  That's 10/10 for me, but if you're better at shooters then you might have a better time.

There are 2 exploits you can use to get this easier, though:  I ended up using the one where you use a second account and do each mission with manual saves, then invite your main and finish the levels.  This was still about a 5/10, but was much easier than doing it legit.

Also, if you're doing the DLC, that's probably a 4 or 5 as well, there are some trophies that require you to get through the missions without any alerts.  Good luck, hope you enjoy the game!

I knock both the authentic and authentic without manual save at once with ease, tbh it's a pretty standard difficulty for me, nothing overly hard unlike Wolfenstein 2 mein leben, you can even go around the entire map and kill off each enemies and can freely explore for any secondary objectives or collectibles, it's a good thing if the enemies are alerted as you can pick them off one by one coming to ur position, only downside is they like to flank you especially in chapter 5, which is the only hard chapter for me

4 hours ago, PatrickPCRE5 said:

I knock both the authentic and authentic without manual save at once with ease, tbh it's a pretty standard difficulty for me, nothing overly hard unlike Wolfenstein 2 mein leben, you can even go around the entire map and kill off each enemies and can freely explore for any secondary objectives or collectibles, it's a good thing if the enemies are alerted as you can pick them off one by one coming to ur position, only downside is they like to flank you especially in chapter 5, which is the only hard chapter for me

Ah yes, I see now.  There's a huge difference between Authentic (required for Platinum) and Authentic Plus (DLC).  There's no checkpoints on Authentic Plus, if you die you have to start the whole mission from the beginning.  I did Authentic Plus, I see you did Authentic.

So yeah, I guess the platinum alone is much easier than the whole 100%.  Thanks for pointing out the difference.