Pride of the Valley Update

Next content patch will be here in a couple of days, the patch notes are live here: https://disneydreamlightvalley.com/news/update-apr-5

Simba and Nala are being added, who will no doubt share Pride Rock. The notes say you "build your own Pride Rock", so with any luck, it will count for Renovator. There's also a note about alien sightings, so maybe there's another character from Lilo and Stitch that will be added in the patch who will have a house.

• Like 4

Patch is up.

The counter for "Renovator" stayed at 12 when I booted up the game, I guess Mirabel's house didn't count, but Pride Rock does raise the counter to 13.

Buzz' quest is to find 25 of those Alien toys, it's doubtful that leads to a new villager. Edit: When you get the quest, you can find 1 Alien in each zone, but the next day there weren't any to be found. They want 25, and if it's not daily, it's going to take a while.

2nd Edit: The quest rewards you with a few resources. There's another quest a day or two later, this time you need to find aliens in people's houses (kinda weird but ok). I'm guessing the reward is more resources.

There's also new quests, including one that refunds you materials for building the clock tower. Still haven't found out how you get that "sprint" power though.

Edit: There's a few bugs I've run into, but I've gotten around them by saving, quitting, and restarting. One was Simba wouldn't do anything in the Lion King Realm, the other was the wardrobe inventory stopped working after doing one of Nala's friendship quests.

Also one of the new quests involves waiting a day to finish, so the sooner you start, the better. It begins when you find a note in the swamp area (Glade of Trust I think..). Edit: This quest rewards you with Dreamlight.

Edited by Caesar Clown
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

Still haven't found out how you get that "sprint" power though.

If you're "well-fed" (yellow energy bar), you can hold down O to "sprint". It's more like gliding. It uses up your energy though.

(In case you don't know, to get a yellow energy bar, you have to eat cooked food)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peffsi said:

If you're "well-fed" (yellow energy bar), you can hold down O to "sprint". It's more like gliding. It uses up your energy though.

(In case you don't know, to get a yellow energy bar, you have to eat cooked food)

Oh ok, that's how it's done. Thanks!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, peffsi said:

Thanks for the info. I was wondering how to glide. Not really worth it

After this update, I would recommend having the well-fed bonus active at all times. It always gave you a slightly faster movement speed, but now...

- The well-fed bonus that is earned from eating cooked meals has been beefed up! When well-fed, you now get more chances of Critical Results each time you interact with the world (i.e. picking fruits, fishing fish, mining gems, etc.). But that’s not all… 

- Get moving with the ability to hover! When the well-fed bonus is active, you can now start channeling your magic to slide around your Valley even faster! 

I used to be too lazy to cook food, but I got the idea from Reddit to just cook 5 gooseberries. It only makes a 1-star fruit salad, but it gives you enough to fill up your yellow energy. And it's much easier than memorizing and fiddling around with various ingredients.

Also, if coal is a concern, you can buy infinite coal from Kristoff.

• Like 2