does the removal of online leaderboard affect the platinum?

luckyegg

so i installed this game weeks ago as i wanted to play it but today i noticed there was an update that removed the online leaderboard feature. i havent played the game yet and didnt look up trophy guide either but i was wondering if this affect anything platinum wise? like i noticed there is a trophy to beat a ghost time

This is an offline Plat according to the Guide. Also, the Ghost can one of yours so the servers being offline is irrelevant:

Any time you go back to a race that you have already completed there will be a transparent racer there to represent either your previous fastest time or your friends (from your PSN friends list) fastest time depending on whose time was faster. Simply beat one of those on any track and earn this trophy. You do not need to come in first, only beat their baseline time. This is the only time in the entire game (trophy wise) where a speed based vehicle may come in handy.

Though, if you have a competitive friend you may have an issue, otherwise this is quite easy, especially since your cars get upgraded the farther you go through World Tour, meaning you will likely have a giant advantage stat wise over your older self. 

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1