Easier way of beating TA under 6 minutes?

Xionzenn

I'm aware this is a super old game, I've got pretty much one difficult trophy left & I'm struggling to beat TA under 6 minutes. I've managed 6:10 multiple times but that's just through luck with spammable basic moves. The other advice I received has been terrible and Wang & Paul's power moves don't work for me as a strategy. 

I'm losing my patience lol.. 

Pick True Ogre & Ogre. As True Ogre, spam his unblockable Serpent's Venom attack: forward, forward+:triangle:. When your opponent falls on the ground, finish the combo with :down:+:cross:. Rinse & repeat until you win the match. If True Ogre loses too much health, switch to Ogre & do his Serpent's Venom (same button combination). When opponent falls on the ground & again finish the combo with :down:+:cross:. With this you can finish Time Attack mode in less then 5 mins.30 secs. It's better to have True Ogre as your main, 'cos his Serpent's Venom has longer reach.

Good luck & don't give up!

EDIT: Wrong info on 1 combo.

Edited by kenseizenkai

10 minutes ago, Xionzenn said:

@kenseizenkaiI've tried this but this combo doesn't work until the opponent gets up and when they're up they throw attacks on me. I'm struggling to keep a repetitive pattern with that move. Do you reckon I'm doing anything wrong?

Are you sure you are doing Serpent's Venom correctly? If you do it correctly, the snake on True Ogre's arm is suppose to grab your opponent & bite them, thus sending them to the ground. While they are on the ground, attack your opponent with :down:+:cross: to make breeding room when they get up, so you can follow with another Serpent's Venom. Serpent's Venom is a great attack to win quickly, 'cos it's fast, unblockable & True Ogre has a very good reach thanks to snake on his arm. 

2 minutes ago, kenseizenkai said:

Are you sure you are doing Serpent's Venom correctly? If you do it correctly, the snake on True Ogre's arm is suppose to grab your opponent & bite them, thus sending them to the ground. While they are on the ground, attack your opponent with :down:+:cross: to make breeding room when they get up, so you can follow with another Serpent's Venom. Serpent's Venom is a great attack to win quickly, 'cos it's fast, unblockable & True Ogre has a very good reach thanks to snake on his arm. 

I DONE IT! I'm shaking rn. Thank you so much, I tried again and I was doing it wrong! I waited for the opponent to return back from prone before I could press the combo and I realised that didn't get me what I want. I didnt realise the combo would still work if the opponent is grounded. I'm finally happy! I was in a mad mood all day bc of this trophy lol

• Like 1