Cauvuh_Lakrwa's Cave of Continuous Torment

Cauvuh_Lakrwa

One of the few accounts that I saw played Grand Ages Medieval :D Agreed with the placement too, fun games but man the random economy bounces could get annoying at times ?

Also Witcher 3 deserves to be up there for sure ?

Nice list there! I like the picks and rankings, wishing you the best with the cleanup/future roadmap!

• Like 1

Ld0124b.png

Need for Speed Heat

Platinum #80

I'm not really a car enthousiast, but once in a while I like to play games like Need for Speed. Back in the day I played Underground 2 and I really liked the way you could customize your car to your liking. While playing other games of this franchise (Payback, Most Wanted and Rivals) I kinda missed this part. I picked Heat up while it was on PS+ and planned on playing it for a while, but I read the games wasn't that good on the forums so I postponed playing it. 

Now that I've finally platted this I can say this: What a joy it was playing this game. I really felt like that 10 year old kid again, racing and customizing with my cars. How fun is it to beat every driver on the grid with a old Volkswagen Beetle or Golf? The activities in the game (drifting, long jump and speed trap) required you too think about what car to use and what upgrades to customize it with. My go to car was a Porsche 911 Carrera RS and I 3-starred most speed traps in one try. For the other challenges and activities I landed on a Subaru (I don't know the exact model). A car with great off-road and jump potential and even online it had a good run against other drivers.

The online servers were still pretty active and I had no trouble finding racers for the 25 race trophy. Also I found out that you can change cars more easily online then during offline runs so I played online when going for the activities and collectibles. It sure saved me a lot of time going to the garage and changing cars. I also really enjoyed the drifting. At first the controls were a bit finicky but by choosing the right car (a Nissan Fairlady) and the right tuning I soon got the hang of it. 

The grind for level 50 wasn't too bad if you knew what you were doing. Grinded the same round for 3 hours and was already up to level 50 (actually 4 hours because the game crashed once when I was going for the 1,000,000 Rep which was off course a bit annoying).

Like I said, I really felt like going back to underground 2 (however Heat couldn't top that game) and I couldn't see that many people didn't like this game. I really enjoyed playing it and apart from the one game crash I had I never felt frustrated by the game. 

This game is going with my B rank games

1M015ce9.png

Edited by Cauvuh_Lakrwa

I've decided what my goal is for this trophy checklist: The Dutch leaderboard top 1,000 (currently 1,710). I want to try to achieve this by clearing up my backlog and by playing some game on my wishlist. Maybe there are some interesting games coming to PS+ to play.

I will update my wishlist in my first post.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

L23657b.png

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Platinum #81

There may be spoilers so read with caution!

After watching some great reviews of the new Star Wars Jedi: Survivor I decided I give this game a shot since it was in my library after the game was featured in PS+ and boy was it a nice game. The whole game felt a bit like a metroidvania, but in 3D. A concept I like. The combat was hard at times (I first played at Jedi Knight difficulity but later on I went for Padawan). Strategizing different opponents and learning new skills was a must for me at some points. I tried Jedi Grandmaster for a few minutes and cannot understand how people can complete the game in this difficulity. Storywise I found it very mediocre. It was not bad, but it was not a story you will remember for years. One of the strongest and most epic parts was at the end, with the appearance of Darth Vader. The fear the Cal felt during this encounter really translated well through the screen to me. At first I didn't know what to do and failed to progress several times in sheer panic. 

After the story I went for collectables and combat related trophies. First the collectibles: I did not leave most for the clean-up stage like the guide suggested but picked up most during my initial playtrhough and I was happy I did that. The game gives good hints on the map (which takes some time to decypher but alas) on which areas you've explored and which not. The Droid BD also gives hints about collectibles most of the time. After this it was easy enough to collect whatever I still needed. Most combat related trophies I tackled post game in the meditiation training mode in which I could decide what enemies I encountered and could quickly reload the game if I failed. 

During play I encounted some bugs, glitches and loading areas and I read online this is not uncommon to encounter. After playing with the graphic settings it was better and I encountered less problems but still some unfortenatly. These glitches and bugs did not spoil the fun I had with this game. I really look forward to play the new installment but I have to buy a ps5 first before I can play that game. 

After due consideration, this game is going with my A rank games

1Lcdeb39.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

L1a7bbb.png

Crash Bandicoot

Platinum #82

I started this game a year ago thinking I would play it in between other games when I got bored with those (like during a grind). However I soon found out this game is not a game you can play in between others if you aim to earn the plat.

I've never played a Crash Bandicoot game in my life and I've heard it would be hard but I clearly underestimated how hard it would be exactly. The first problem I encountered were learning to control Crash. Sometimes I was jumping too short, the other time too far. This alone already needed some continuous playing of the game. Instead I did a level, found it hard and after completing the level did another game for 3/4 weeks before attempting the second level. My own skill didn't match the increasingly difficult levels I encountered. 

The second problem was with completing all levels while collecting all boxes (some without dying). After that the time trials. My god the time trials. I especially had a hard time with The High Road and Road to Nowhere.

When I started to play the game regularly I learned to control Crash better and got more skilled in completing the levels.  I now only have to do the time trial from the DLC but because I am currently moving I am not playing. 

Despite being hard I really enjoyed this game and I understand why this game was so popular back in the day. The gameplay and music are exceptionally good. Apart from the annoyance of dying over and over again during some levels the game was really captivating and I wanted to keep playing once I was set on it.

On youtube I saw some footage from the original game and I can only say that the developer did a great job with the graphics of this remake.  I can't wait to plat parts 2 and 3 of the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy. Hopefully they won't be that hard.

After due consideration this game is going with my A rank games

1L25a470.png

Next game I'll be playing: Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

Next Backlog game I'll try to finish: FIFA 22

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

L3d70b4.png

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex strikes back

Platinum #83

Or I am becoming better at Crash Bandicoot or this game was easier than the first installment. Or maybe it is a combination of the two. This game so much easier to complete. Especially the time trials where more lenient than in the first game, had almost no problems with them. I liked the new additions (Death route and secret exits). 

I had really a good time even though it was more easy. The story is more captivating than the first one, although still very basic. I cannot really say I had any problems with any of the levels. The ice in the snow levels took some getting used to. In this game I had more problems with getting all the boxed than completing the time trials. When having the right momentum during the trials you can ace them real quick.

Prime example were the jetpack levels. I found the controls during these levels somewhat difficult, especially when taking it slow. When going fast it was much easier to control Crash's flying.

Really enjoyed this game and already started with Crash Bandicoot: Warped. 

After due consideration this game is going with my A rank games

1Le6b57f.png

Next game: Crash Bandicoot: Warped

Next Backlog game: Still FIFA 22

• 3 weeks later...

I've started cleaning up my backlog of games. There are quite a few on them, some PS4, some PS3 (from my pre trophy hunting era) and a few VITA games. VITA games I only play during nightshifts at work so I will work on them there. Most of my backlog games are still installed on the system and I have to make some room for other games. So, where better to start than with the biggest game currently installed on my PS4 system: Red Dead Redemption 2. The only part I had to complete were the online trophies. Because this can be a bit of a grind I played other games to break the rut.

Lf29622.png

Crash Bandicoot: Warped

Platinum #84

The last installment of the original trilogy of Crash Bandicoot and probably the easiest. As with Crash Bandicoot: Cortex Strikes Back this is probably a combination of easier levels and a more skilled player. Not really any problems regarding any trophies. The hardest, ofcourse, were the time trials. But even those were nothing compared to the first Crash Bandicoot. The only levels I struggled a bit with were the Arabian Levels, especially Hang'em High and High Time. Within these levels you really had to combine skill and creativity to look for shortcuts. It took quite some time to complete these levels with a gold relic. However, because the hard levels in this game were rare it really was a joy to have some challenge for a change, something I thought I wouldn't say after playing the first Crash Bandicoot. 

After due consideration this game is going with my B rank games

1L2dc066.png

After finishing Crash Bandicoot: Warped I jumped straight into Red Dead Redemption 2 together with another game on my backlog: Heavenly Bodies.

Lb43a81.png

Heavenly Bodies

Platinum #85

Jeez, this game. I picked it up as a free game with PS+ and already earned some trophies. This game was not particularly hard, but the controls really got me bad. There are a few settings ingame, one of which is to set the controls to Newtonian and after playing the first two levels I couldn't wrap my head around it, so I started cheesing it. I played the rest of the levels with normal controls which was easier but still a bit confusing at times. At the last checkpoint I changed settings to Newtonian and restarted the checkpoint. Every level needed to be completed in Newtonian style in order to finish all challenges and earning a trophy.

I played this game solo and I believe if you play it in co-op it is so much more fun to play because when playing together the lack of control during the game can make it very funny to look at. I played this game on and off while playing RDR2 too, but at some point I wanted to get it done.

After due consideration this game is going with my D rank games

1L184a16.png

After finishing Heavenly Bodies my focus went entirely to Red Dead Redemption

L758121.png

Red Dead Redemption II

Platinum #86

This game.. Wow. I don't really know where to start talking about this awesome game. Until a year or five ago I really wasn't that much into the Western genre until my dad recommended me some books. The first one was Shōgun, a novel by James Clavell which sparked my already flaming interest of Feudal Japan. It was a pretty thick novel and after finishing it my dad recommended me Centennial, a novel of James A. Michener which takes place in a fictional place in Colorado and takes you through (American) history. After reading this novel I got inspired by this time period and I started watching some Westerns like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, True Grit and the Quentin Tarantino movies set during these time periods. These movies really sparked my interest and when I got the chance to lend this game from my brother-in-law I didn't hesitate. I already heard nothing but positives about this game, especially the single player. 

I was not dissappointed when I started playing. The feel, immersion and story of this game are amazing and I waned myself a real outlaw. The story has everything you want from a good story. It is tense, it is sensational and it is full of intrigues. The honour system and how the game reacts to your low or high honour, especially during the final moments of the game, are something I never experienced in a game and is, in my humble opinion, groundbreaking.

Even the simplest and at first meaningless mission has the greatest impact on the game. This is something that kept my on the edge of my seat during the entire story. Character development was on point. Characters you love at first but will hate at the end and vice versa. Also it got emotional during the story where you lose some characters you'll learn to love and who are close to Arthur. The last mission of the game is truly a cinematic masterpiece and a nice ending of this story. The epilogues are a bit slower paced, but still very fun to plat through. The last mission of the epilogue was truly satisfactory and the music, which was really good through the whole game, make me feel like I was walking in a movie which was composed by Ennio Morricone (it is actually composed by Woody Jackson)

Trophy wise this game isn't that hard, only very very long. The hardest trophy was Gold Rush where you need to get 70 gold medals on missions. Long grinds were the zoologist and Skin Deep trophies, where you need to study, hunt and skin every animal in the game. Also the trophy Best in the West for 100% completion was a very tedious one. After the Single Player I dived in the multiplayer segment of the game, but took a small pause here because this was also very grindy. After a few months I got back and finished the online part. I enjoyed the multiplayer but thought that the world felt a bit empty. Also a lot of features (bank robberies and such) didn't come back in the multiplayer which I found strange. But overall I had a good time with the multiplayer. 

All in all this game is awesome. After finishing the story I felt very empty as if something close to me was lost. 

This game is going with my S Rank games

1L020f53.png

Stats as of this post

Leaderboard rank: 1,609 (+77)

Level: 386
Trophies total: 4,246
Platinum Trophies: 86

Gold Throphies: 492
Silver Trophies: 848
Bronze Trophies: 2,820

Completed Games: 86
Completion Percentage: 83.84% (+1.70%)
Unearned Trophies: 891 (-35)

• 4 weeks later...

La4bc4d.png

FIFA 22

Platinum #87

Normally I like some torment, for example if a game is giving me a challenge. FIFA 22 however, torments one in a different way. Back in the day I like FIFA because my friends were also playing and FIFA ultimate team wasn't such a cashgrab. Nowadays a few of my friends still play FIFA but they buy the newest installment every year, so basicly the same game. Luckily for me this game was included as a free download with PS+ last year and I wanted to plat at least one FIFA game in my life, so there I went. 

The trophylist isn't that hard. Just playing some game different game modes. What made it a grind however was the 200 appearances for a player for your club in FUT. I tried grinding for it but after 150 games I couldn't stand the game no more and I quit. I just needed the co-op trophies and after finding a suitable co-op partner he was able to also help with the 200 appearances, much to my joy. 

I love football and I still play with a team of my friends, but this will probably be my last FIFA game I ever play.

This game is going with my D rank games

1L6a0d39.png

Stats as of this post

Leaderboard rank: 1,615 (-6)

Level: 387
Trophies total: 4,286
Platinum Trophies: 87

Gold Throphies: 493
Silver Trophies: 856
Bronze Trophies: 2,850

Completed Games: 87
Completion Percentage: 83.77% (-0.07%)