Freeze when saving or loading; PS5 issue?

Ashande

Picked up this game back on PS4 when it first came out. Fiddled with it for a bit before determining that I no longer possess the creative or technical skills to do anything worthwhile with it. Put it aside.

Coming back to it now to tick off the remaining trophies and satisfy my OCD, and have discovered a few issues. I copied my save to the hard drive from the cloud, but when I attempted to load it, the game just freezes on the loading screen. Okay. No big shakes; as noted, I wasn’t going anywhere with it, so it didn’t hurt too much to delete what I had previously done. Deleted everything, played through the tutorial again, made a blank map. Now it has a new problem; any time I try to save, it gets to 100%, then just freezes there. It’s not totally frozen; the clock down in the bottom corner continues ticking. But it does not accept any input and just sits there. I let it sit for 20 minutes, but nothing changed. Closed the game, restarted it, and find the save file is still the default autosave made when you first start the creation process; despite saying “100%” it had not actually updated the save file.

Anyone else had similar issues? Is this down to trying to play it on PS5, or is there some weird glitch or issue I’m triggering that’s doing this? I have deleted and reinstalled the game several times with the same result, as well as deleting all save data multiple times. Don’t know what else to try (short of dropping down the 50,000 tiles and leaving the PlayStation on for two days straight without saving, that is), so suggestions are welcome.