Strike point bug 2023

just a heads up my platinum wasn't obtainable today as one of the elm tree red zone strike points was bugged - i finished everything in one play on deathwish but watch out for "paschall train yard" , no interact button on the generator to progress , now im forced to do a 2nd playthrough just for strike points , thats if it works 2nd time round really gutting , just keep an eye out people  

9 minutes ago, Waspfarmer said:

just a heads up my platinum wasn't obtainable today as one of the elm tree red zone strike points was bugged - i finished everything in one play on deathwish but watch out for "paschall train yard" , no interact button on the generator to progress , now im forced to do a 2nd playthrough just for strike points , thats if it works 2nd time round really gutting , just keep an eye out people  

I remember I had to do a second playthrough too. It was strike point where you had to use a dirt bike but couldn't enter the building.

• 2 months later...

I have experienced similar bug, but it was related with Reconnaissance Outpost in Lombard Zone. I could gether all four documents, but main objective wasn't accessible. Anyway all i had to do to obtain platinum was starting a new game and take out 2 strike points, then trophy randomly popped. This game is absolute nightmare and i don't recommend it to anyone. It has nothing to do with Far Cry series - shooting and stealth gameplay are joke when we compare these both games. 2,5-3/10 this is max grade i can give Homefront The Revolution.

• 3 months later...

Hay all. 

So I ran into the bug myself after the only strike point left was "Secure the Train Yard" in Elmtree. 

Now the game generates four auto-save slots what I did was load the earliest auto-save I had which I still had a couple of strongholds to capture and some other random strike points. Then proceeded to capture one stronghold and did two strike points to raise my metre gauge. Then the trophy for capturing all strike points unlocked even though I still had four outstanding. "This is our town, Nork" I am guessing since it's the same game file it counted this mission twice unlocking the trophy (speculation) 

So if you are lucky enough to have another save go for it! 

To access previous saves in the main menu select "Story" choose Homefront: The Revolution then select the save with the least amount of playtime for your timestamp and try again. Hopefully it pops for you too. 

Good luck but it's better than committing another 20 hours for a new playthrough! 

• 3 months later...
On 7/8/2023 at 3:28 PM, Crusad3rp said:

I have experienced similar bug, but it was related with Reconnaissance Outpost in Lombard Zone. I could gether all four documents, but main objective wasn't accessible. Anyway all i had to do to obtain platinum was starting a new game and take out 2 strike points, then trophy randomly popped. This game is absolute nightmare and i don't recommend it to anyone. It has nothing to do with Far Cry series - shooting and stealth gameplay are joke when we compare these both games. 2,5-3/10 this is max grade i can give Homefront The Revolution.

The only far cry I've played is far cry 3 and I enjoyed homefront way more. Far cry I got the plat in 40 hours and was bored of it about 30 hours in. Homefront I did 2 playthroughs, then bought and played all the dlc and did some online missions for over 100 hours playtime before I finally decided to call it a day. Vastly underrated game in my opinion, I would give it an 8/10.

As for the bug, I also experienced it, but I had also read that if you do the first playthrough on the hardest difficulty to try and stack those trophies it can cause issues, so I played through on normal first obtaining every other trophy then mainlined it on the hardest difficulty for a second playthrough and once I had captured about 3 strikepoints in that second playthrough that trophy popped.

Edited by harper2704

On 2/10/2024 at 10:59 PM, harper2704 said:

The only far cry I've played is far cry 3 and I enjoyed homefront way more. Far cry I got the plat in 40 hours and was bored of it about 30 hours in. Homefront I did 2 playthroughs, then bought and played all the dlc and did some online missions for over 100 hours playtime before I finally decided to call it a day. Vastly underrated game in my opinion, I would give it an 8/10.

As for the bug, I also experienced it, but I had also read that if you do the first playthrough on the hardest difficulty to try and stack those trophies it can cause issues, so I played through on normal first obtaining every other trophy then mainlined it on the hardest difficulty for a second playthrough and once I had captured about 3 strikepoints in that second playthrough that trophy popped.

it was a soild game for sure, the co-op mode with 4 player missions i was hooked haha , glad u enjoyed aswell