Warmech warning

Spork_the_BOAT

Man I'm kicking myself right now. I wasn't actively using any guides, and therefore didn't even know this guy existed. After beating Tiamat, I was running to the exit portal and stumbled into him. Thinking this was just another normal battle, I did normal attacks with everyone, turned on auto-battle, and started messing with my phone. I looked up to find my Tiamat-weakened party all dead. I was respawned just before the Tiamat fight. I decided to look at the walkthrough at this point and found out who this bad boy was.

I've now been grinding for 3 full hours attempting to trigger the fight again. I'm concerned that by dying to him, I've somehow marked the fight as "complete", and I'm unable to trigger it again. Does anyone else have a similar experience? Were you able to trigger the fight after previously dying in it?

*Edit - I got him to show about an hour later

Edited by Plattitudes

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found it faster to go back to title screen instead of going through all the fights. You can create a save that's close to an encounter:

Quick save on the bridge and start walking, counting steps until next encounter.

Then go to title screen, load quick save, walk same number of steps minus one, making sure you're still on the bridge, then quick save again.

Now you have a save that only requires one step to trigger an encounter.

Load quick save already holding down up or down, it loads and goes into an encounter.

If it's warmech, hooray, if not, press start->go to title screen->load quick save, hold up or down, rinse and repeat.

This made everything much faster for me.

Not sure if it helps, but after creating this save I also closed the game completely, once, and started it again just to reset the RNG (hopefully).

By doing this in my case warmech showed up on the third try, after hours of trying the normal way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 10:26 PM, madrabbit1485 said:

I found it faster to go back to title screen instead of going through all the fights. You can create a save that's close to an encounter:

Quick save on the bridge and start walking, counting steps until next encounter.

Then go to title screen, load quick save, walk same number of steps minus one, making sure you're still on the bridge, then quick save again.

Now you have a save that only requires one step to trigger an encounter.

Load quick save already holding down up or down, it loads and goes into an encounter.

If it's warmech, hooray, if not, press start->go to title screen->load quick save, hold up or down, rinse and repeat.

This made everything much faster for me.

Not sure if it helps, but after creating this save I also closed the game completely, once, and started it again just to reset the RNG (hopefully).

By doing this in my case warmech showed up on the third try, after hours of trying the normal way.

I tried for hours and never got warmeck with a classic strategy. And I tried your method... and I got it in the 2nd fight. For real.

thank you so much man 🤩

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...