Warmech warning

Spork_the_BOAT

Hey just a quick warning after spending an hour just to screw myself over. 

I wasn't paying much attention had auto battle going and was pacing up and down for about an hour. I was level 99 across the board and hadn't healed for a while.

After 2 sets of nukes landing I was very close to death. I tried healing but he got me down to my final character. 

I knew if he fled then the bestiary would count him so I thought it would work the other way. It doesn't ?.

For anyone this might help don't flee!

3 hours ago, archangel9978 said:

Tyvm my first final fantasy plat...my goal is to one day Plat EVERY final fantasy accept 11 n 14( don't do mmorpgs)

I wish you good luck! Attempting something similar, but cutting XV as well due to the stupid Comrades situation.

1 minute ago, Xillynoc said:

I wish you good luck! Attempting something similar, but cutting XV as well due to the stupid Comrades situation.

I'm circumventing XV by doing the Pocket Edition! 

It looks cute and far less annoying to do, and from what I'm told covers XV very well so it'll count for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, archangel9978 said:

Tyvm my first final fantasy plat...my goal is to one day Plat EVERY final fantasy accept 11 n 14( don't do mmorpgs)

You're missing out if you leave XIV. It being an MMO is entirely secondary to it's main strengths. The story is excellent and 99.9% of it is able to be completed solo.

• Like 3

This is very anecdotal but I saw a post on Reddit about people having better luck spawning Warmech in an area roughly 10 steps below the green crystal. This is where the columns are. Two people reported having luck getting him quickly, compared to others who claim they spent 2-5 hours with no spawns.

So I tried it myself and he spawned in about 20 minutes for me. I’m almost sure it’s a complete lucky coincidence but feel free to try it out and see if it works.

Edited by Veritas7Ax
  • Like 1

I had the most luck south of the Wind Crystal. There's a 5x5 square with 4 individual columns in it and I walked up and down between them in short motions. South of the Wind Crystal but before the path gets funneled to a single tile. If it wasn't a WarMech I chose to FLEE to not waste too much time.

Back in the 80s Nintendo Power did a contest where you had to find the elusive WarMech and take a photo of it and send it in. Good times.

On 26/04/2023 at 7:09 AM, Pots3k said:

You're missing out if you leave XIV. It being an MMO is entirely secondary to it's main strengths. The story is excellent and 99.9% of it is able to be completed solo.

If I was to start playing this what are the monthly sub prices like and what can you do in the free trial version

On 26/04/2023 at 3:34 AM, archangel9978 said:

14 is one of the best in the series. Don't skip it

14 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

If I was to start playing this what are the monthly sub prices like and what can you do in the free trial version

You can play the base game and the first expansion for free. On the PS4 you need a sub to pop trophies but on the ps5 the trophies work for free. They also have different trophy lists

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CalyxTDeuced said:

But 15 is fully doable, even comrades.

It's doable with a lot of extra work to downgrade the game and trick it into using the original DLC trophy lists for the two Comrades expansions. Complicated as hell, and apparently not fun as far as gameplay goes either. I'll pass.

4 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

14 is one of the best in the series. Don't skip it

You can play the base game and the first expansion for free. On the PS4 you need a sub to pop trophies but on the ps5 the trophies work for free. They also have different trophy lists

I might give it a shot then when I'm next off work for a week. 

According to post #30 in this thread on steam, the chance to encounter Warmech is 1 in 100 in this version. I don't see why it would be more rare than previous versions, considering rare drops such as the summons in FFIV were made a lot less rare in the pixel remaster.  Regardless, if this guy's data is correct, then the chance of encountering Warmech really is just 1%.

WarMech's encounter rate is 1 in 100.

The exact encounter table for the map is:

id name               value
   <dbl> <chr>              <dbl>
 1    33 monster_set1         593
 2    33 monster_set1_rate     80
 3    33 monster_set2         247
 4    33 monster_set2_rate     80
 5    33 monster_set3         249
 6    33 monster_set3_rate     90
 7    33 monster_set4         549
 8    33 monster_set4_rate     30
 9    33 monster_set5         550
10    33 monster_set5_rate     30
11    33 monster_set6         485
12    33 monster_set6_rate     80
13    33 monster_set7         659
14    33 monster_set7_rate     80
15    33 monster_set8         660
16    33 monster_set8_rate     90
17    33 monster_set9         243
18    33 monster_set9_rate     90
19    33 monster_set10        244
20    33 monster_set10_rate    90
21    33 monster_set11        245
22    33 monster_set11_rate    90
23    33 monster_set12        671
24    33 monster_set12_rate    80
25    33 monster_set13        672
26    33 monster_set13_rate    80
27    33 monster_set14        261
28    33 monster_set14_rate    10

So these are the 14 possible encounters that take place in encounter set 33 (the bridge leading to Tiamat). Warmech is in enemy pack 261, so his encounter rate is 10. The sum of all the other encounter rates is 990, plus Warmech's 10, so that's 10/1000 = 1 in 100.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 9:23 PM, Xillynoc said:

It's doable with a lot of extra work to downgrade the game and trick it into using the original DLC trophy lists for the two Comrades expansions. Complicated as hell, and apparently not fun as far as gameplay goes either. I'll pass.

I will go on to say that in my opinion Comrades even solo is fun and yes its grindy, but if you enjoy the 15 you may enjoy it too. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26-4-2023 at 9:02 AM, Veritas7Ax said:

This is very anecdotal but I saw a post on Reddit about people having better luck spawning Warmech in an area roughly 10 steps below the green crystal. This is where the columns are. Two people reported having luck getting him quickly, compared to others who claim they spent 2-5 hours with no spawns.

So I tried it myself and he spawned in about 20 minutes for me. I’m almost sure it’s a complete lucky coincidence but feel free to try it out and see if it works.

I also tried it and I was able to spawn it 3 times in about an hour (I think), I lost twice.

So not sure if it's luck or not, it worked for me, so thanks!

On 06/06/2023 at 2:01 AM, Biertje373 said:

I also tried it and I was able to spawn it 3 times in about an hour (I think), I lost twice.

So not sure if it's luck or not, it worked for me, so thanks!

After an hour of trying, I saw this and tried and got it within 20-30 minutes. Again, could be luck but fortunately it worked so thanks very much!