Is this game safe to play on PS5?

Crusad3rp

Hello everyone,

Have one question about this game. Unfortunetly, i bought this game on sale. When i've launched it on my PS5, then suddenly info appeared on the screen that this game might have issues on this system. Do u think i can safely play? i don't want to waste time on game which can be glitched in any way (trophies or progress in a story). Cheers!

That message is a generic one which some PS4 games display when played on a PS5 (just like every other generic warning you get on booting up a game these days) so unless the game in question is known to have issues (which I've not heard of any with regards to TWD), it can be safely ignored :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

17 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That message is a generic one which all PS4 games display when played on a PS5 (just like every other generic warning you get on booting up a game these days) so unless the game in question is known to have issues (which I've not heard of any with regards to TWD), it can be safely ignored :).

Thx for reply. Tbh i've never experienced such message in any PS4 game when i've decided to play anything like that on PS5. This is the first time, that's why i am concerned that something might glitch for me and eventually block me from progressing the story or even earning a platinum trophy. I think it might be linked with that this game was originally released on PS3. Moreover Telltale games are known from different kind of technical issues. Anyway, one day i will give it a shot on PS4 for safety sake.

Edited by Crusad3rp

7 minutes ago, Crusad3rp said:

Thx for reply. Tbh i've never experienced such message in any PS4 game when i've decided to play anything like that on PS5. This is the first time, that's why i am concerned that something might glitch for me and block me from progressing the story or even earning a platinum trophy. I think it might be linked with that this game was originally released on PS3. Moreover Telltale games are known from different kind of technical issues. Anyway, one day i will give it a shot on PS4.

That message is just a disclaimer and Sony's way of saying if the game bugs out, don't complain to us about it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

21 minutes ago, Cruscah said:

That message doesn't appear on every PS4 game, just the ones that can actually have issues, in TWD case:

I've recently played and, aside from some weird textures, everything worked perfectly :)

In that case I stand corrected, thank you for the info :).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

just a quick question before getting the plat and 100%.

i know that the plat is very simple but is there any trophies to look out for when going for the 400 days dlc, and i am aware of the "two of three" trophy.

and is this game better played on ps4 or ps5 because i don't want to get half way through a playthrough and have to restart because i heard some players were having trouble when playing on ps5. thanks