The Greater Trophy Checklist

Platinum #67

Crash Bandicoot 1 - The N. Trepid Crash Bandicoot!

1L25a470.png

Classic game, really enjoyed revisiting this. Had already platinumed on my old account so the trials weren't too hard for me, but hadn't played stormy ascent before and oh boy that was tough. 10/10 game.

Edited by TheGreaterMoose
  • Like 1

I'm trying to get 100% on the dlc and I need to beat arcade in coop mode. Fancy to lend a hand? I'll help you with a favor eventully. Add me on psn and add a msg to it so I know it's for resogun. The trophy is: i'm back and I brought a friend. Psn: Smoor1991

14 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Well... good luck to you, man. That's pretty daunting.

Thankyou, it is pretty daunting, but I’ve had fun with it so far. Except farcry 4 multiplayer dying on me a day after start. 

15 hours ago, Smoor1991 said:

I'm trying to get 100% on the dlc and I need to beat arcade in coop mode. Fancy to lend a hand? I'll help you with a favor eventully. Add me on psn and add a msg to it so I know it's for resogun. The trophy is: i'm back and I brought a friend. Psn: Smoor1991

Hey there, unfortunately I got rid of resogun from this challenge and my account due to a few unobtainable trophies. What is the requirements? I might be able to help on my second account. 

On 13/5/2023 at 0:30 AM, LorenzoLame said:

Please, do yourself a favor, go into Outer Wilds completely blind the first time you play it. The game doesn't have any missables, so don't worry about that.

That's all. Enjoy your hunting. 

Went in blind, accidentally ejected and had to start again, love it ? I guess progression is  from getting further each time? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheGreaterMoose said:

Went in blind, accidentally ejected and had to start again, love it 1f605.png I guess progression is  from getting further each time? 

Yes. It's a puzzle/investigation game. The more info you gather about what's going on, the further you make it. 

The game has really good moments that should be experienced blind!

Also, I died at the beginning like 3 time for trying dumb crap, so you're not alone ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

100% #3 Completed Games: 71/109

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

6L92b1b4.png

Picked this up a couple years back in the Definitive Experience (incl. Phantom Pain) for like $4, never really played it. But I generally love stealth games and this was no exception. The amount of different spins on just this one level was really cool and I enjoyed all of them despite thinking it would get old at the beginning, some of the Mark All Enemies trials were tough, but mainly because I would get spotted and die, or kill someone before spotting, user error really ?

S Ranks were very fair and rewarding to pull off, definitely recommend this game, even as a standalone.

Looking forward to Phantom Pain in the future, but for now I’m getting into GTA3. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19-5-2023 at 10:20 AM, TheGreaterMoose said:

Thankyou, it is pretty daunting, but I’ve had fun with it so far. Except farcry 4 multiplayer dying on me a day after start. 

Hey there, unfortunately I got rid of resogun from this challenge and my account due to a few unobtainable trophies. What is the requirements? I might be able to help on my second account. 

I have to complete all levels in local coop mode without any of the 2 of us dying. It is possible to obtain the trophy by letting an other play through share play so I was hoping you could lend me a hand? Let me know.

• 3 months later...

Platinum #69, Completed Games: 72/109

Grand Theft Auto 3: Definitive Edition - King of Liberty City

1Lca91ce.png

For an old game this still stood up well, was good fun and just a classic GTA experience, some of the collectables sucked but overall a good game. Platinum was fairly easy with a lot of collecting, someday I'll complete the other 2 games in the trilogy, but need a break from the series for now.

Platinum #70, Completed Games: 73/109

It Takes Two - Power Couple

1Ld160be.png

My partner and I loved this game, she never really plays video games but was always keen to continue this, she has since taken to playing other games which has been great fun. This is a 10/10 the trophies are super easy too. We're now onto playing sackboy together.

Platinum #71, Completed Games: 74/110

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - The End of War

1L059d6c.png

The Call of Duty series has always been a favourite of mine, getting this game for christmas when I first started gaming back on the PS3, I was only young when this game came out so I never played it in full, only just some multiplayer, that was a big mistake. I recently picked the PS4 version up from a sale in a digital deluxe edition for just 40$ down from 160$ I just had to pick it up to experience this again. 

Despite all the hate, this holds up strong as a good entry in my books. The campaign had a good story for a COD game, the multiplayer has a fun new twist to it with the extra movements, it changes the game completely. Sadly the MP was dead by the time I got back around to this to grab all the trophies. But I think where this game really shines is in its overlooked exo-zombies mode. This mode only accessible via DLC holds the best part of this game for me. It changes the classic zombies formula just enough to where its still familiar, but its own thing completely. While the story easter eggs where a bit lacklustre, the map designs where so different to the traditional zombies mode. 

With the completion of this to 100%, I purchased COD: Ghosts, adding +1 to my uncompleted games.

This game isn't perfect, but it is still so much fun regardless, trophies can be tough but overall it was a great experience.

Platinum #72, Completed Games: 75/110, Bonus: This was my 4000th Overall Trophy

OlliOlli World - The Skate Wizard 

1Lfd8036.png

This game is definitely a hidden gem, it has become one of my favourite games of all time. After completing platinum and all the dlc I still find myself wanting to play more even after 330 hours played, I had never heard of this game until it became free on PS+ essential one month, at first I didn't even like it but after starting this challenge and just throwing myself in, I quickly got the hang of it and found myself getting every challenge in all levels and trying to set highscores I didn't even need to just for the fun of it and before I knew it, it was over, luckily it has a good multiplayer mode to master but as of writing this, I'm already max rank in it so not much longer til I have nothing left.

The flow of the gameplay, the level design, the calm music, the complexity of the moveset, it all makes it this vibe that is so easy to get lost in and spend hours attempting a 50 second long piece of track just for a highscore, I loved every single part of this game and I'm still playing it to this day. This is a special case where trophy hunting has opened my eyes to something I wouldn't have normally played, This was great for every second of this and I will still be playing for a while. 

4th in the World

here is a video of me getting to Diamond online: Diamond

Platinum #73, Completed Games: 76/110

Goat Simulator - All The Goat!

1Lc3768a.png

Played this a lot growing up, but only ever on mobile. There was still so much left for me to find playing this again.  Some of the trophies were a bit janky, but this game was good easy fun and sparked a bit more hunting from me just in the sheer amount of trophies in it (83!), getting this on sale with all DLC for 7$ this was well worth it IMO,just would of been better co-op with someone.

With each DLC only taking a couple hours and the main game not very long either, I'd say this is definitely worth picking up.

Platinum #74, Completed Games: 77/110

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Federated

1La171a6.png

Once again, we have another COD entry. After completing Advanced Warfare I was still itching for more COD. Found this on sale for 30 bucks for the gold edition (game + dlc1), personally I liked this one more then a lot of the other games, only being outclassed by the Black Ops series in my books. Sadly the multiplayer was dead at the time of starting and the campaign was really boring if I'm being honest. Where this games shines though is in its extinction mode, this games take on zombies.

The gameplay can be a little repetitive after playing all the maps as they're essentially the same thing. My favourite part of this though was it's story, it was super intriguing. For some odd reason the story is only told through collectable intel files. They could have hooked so many more people if they jut put the story in front of you rather then having to scavenge, nothing really made sense to me as to why we were at these places until I had completed all the DLC and got all intel, after getting 100% of trophies I still didn't understand what was happening. One day I just watched all the intel back to back and all of a sudden everything just clicked.

As for the trophies, this game was a very forgiving entry with your stock standard COD campaign stuff (Veteran, collectables, a bunch of misc. stuff) and just 5 trophies in extinction for the main game. The only hard part of this was finding 3 other decent players to get the 4 player escape trophy, everything else was very easy although some of the DLC maps were really challenging, all made an absolute breeze by cryptid slayer ammo though. Luckily I was doing this at the same time as a close friend and we actually purchased this together so I had help throughout the whole thing. 

It's been a ton of fun revisiting old COD games but I am burnt out as of right now, perhaps someday I will do WW2 but very on the fence with that one. For now though, I'm working through The Quarry as it's leaving PS+ extra next month and I'd like to save myself a bit of money, a few days and that should be done.

• 6 months later...

Platinum #75, Completed Games 78/111

The Quarry - What Doesn't Kill You...

1Le9cc4f.png

This games story was great, very intense and enjoyable, I mainly went for this as it was leaving PS+ so I was under a bit of a time crunch. While the story was great the first time around while keeping everyone alive, it really didn't change enough on subsequent playthroughs. This feeling definitely come about because of the time crunch, looking back I would of waited a fair amount of time between each playthrough, but honestly not enough changed with the different choices. 

It required 3 or 4 different playthroughs while leaving certain characters alive, almost impossible to do without following the guide to a tee, which is one of my least favourite types of trophies. While I enjoyed the story these multiple choice trophy list are not for me, hence why this is the only one on my list and will probably be the last.

Platinum #76, Completed Games 79/111

Mirrors Edge Catalyst - The Few. The Elite.

1L79f293.png

I absolutely loved this game, one of my favourites from the early PS4 era. It's really unfortunate that it's now an unobtainable platinum. The story was great but where this game truly shines is its city, it is so beautiful even to todays standards and so full of content. It was such an immersive world that I highly recommend everyone experience regardless of trophies. The city of glass was great, the 300 something clusters were kinda annoying, but exploring the world was great. 

This game was one I played back in 2016 and couldn't quite get the hang of it, I tried for the platinum but didn't quite finish it so going back for this challenge felt right and I'm so glad that I did, I enjoyed every part of this game, even going through all the speedruns to get better scores.

The trophies were a bit on the grindy side but I really enjoyed ticking of all the boxes, the only thing I didn't like was having to repeat the missions, I started it to get the online before the closure but the game immediately sucked me in, would do it again. 

Platinum #77, Completed Games 80/111

Cuphead - Grand Uproar

1Lbda586.png

This game really intrigued me when it first launched on Xbox, when I seen it released on PS I jumped straight on it, it took me so long to even start it so it fit this challenge perfectly, I really got into this in fully and perfecting each boss run really hit the spot in satisfaction. A ranks were very forgiving, I'm really glad they changed it from the Xbox version because some of those levels were extremely difficult to S rank. Everything about this game was great, I loved how it was always action and no real downtime, each bossfight only took a couple minutes but it felt like a lifetime in some of the really intense ones.

There wasn't much to the story but that really wasn't an issue when there is so much detail to each boss and their individual phases, could definitely run each boss to perfection with no sense of boredom. I enjoyed this and didn't find it too hard once I had the controls downpat, with a straightforward trophy list it was pure satisfaction completing some of the harder bosses, I struggled the most with Grim Matchstick in chapter 2 and was a bit let down by the final boss beating it on the first try in both normal and expert modes. The DLC was very much the same, a great addition to the game and one of the best DLC of all time in my opinion. This game is hard to pick up but so so worth it for the satisfaction of beating it. 

Platinum #78, Completed Games 81/111

Spiritfarer - Collector

1Lcc428e.png

This game is the perfect "podcast" game, with plenty of time between locations to watch videos or work on your boat and all the dialogue done through text boxes it made for a great in between while catching up on TV. It has a lot of philosophical conversations about death and letting go with a beautiful story and a world that is just as calming and unique. Letting go of some of the characters was truly heart wrenching, I related to a few characters story which is pretty rare for me in games. The boat management was addicting and I found myself taking longer trips just to do things with the boat, each trip to the everdoor was just as hard as the last, except Elena. Fuck Elena... 

This game was great and really made me think a lot about myself and my thoughts on death and losing someone. I'd highly recommend to everyone. The trophies were straight forward with the only missable being to get everyone to max happiness before letting them go, you need to take them to the endpoint so as long as your careful you won't miss anything.

• Like 1