Is this possible with normal joypad?

I got the plat only using pad. Character trials are the only thing I could see a stick or a different controller being more useful for but a lot of it just comes down to preference tbh. Certain trials may be more difficult but if you stick with it on pad you can get it done.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Kazuma_Kiryu1996 said:

This is the gran turismo/assetto corsa of fighting games. Has anyone earned the plat with a normal pad? I don't have the money for an arcade strick. 

Many, many, many people have earned the platinum with just a regular controller, myself included. So yeah... you don't need an arcade stick, you just need practice and patience.

• Like 2

If you've grown up playing on regular pads, and play all of your other games on pads, then playing on a stick is going to make this game significantly more difficult since it takes a long time to become comfortable with the new control layout.  But even if you are an expert stick player, it doesn't offer you any advantage over a pad - it's purely preference.

Edited by WakeUpHP
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, WakeUpHP said:

If you've grown up playing on regular pads, and play all of your other games on pads, then playing on a stick is going to make this game significantly more difficult since it takes a long time to become comfortable with the new control layout.  But even if you are an expert stick player, it doesn't offer you any advantage over a pad - it's purely preference.

This. I always thought that arcade sticks would assure a significant less difficulty. The trials are very difficult. The timing is the worst thing to padronize. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14.5.2023 at 3:26 PM, Kazuma_Kiryu1996 said:

This. I always thought that arcade sticks would assure a significant less difficulty. The trials are very difficult. The timing is the worst thing to padronize. 

A common misunderstanding by many who are new to fighting games. The only reason many people use an arcade stick is because they either got used to it or it is just fun to use it, nothing else. But i could see people having an easier time with motion inputs. I still struggle with 263 inputs and i play fighting games for years now lol.

Edited by Laxus-0
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/14/2023 at 1:11 PM, Kazuma_Kiryu1996 said:

This is the gran turismo/assetto corsa of fighting games. Has anyone earned the plat with a normal pad? I don't have the money for an arcade strick. 

nah super street is a hard plat game but compare to koihime is a pure joke 

you can using only d-pad i never play with arcade stick 

• Like 1