Is there a way to avoid the stats depletion?

The-Smiths-85

I've started my road to platinum 2 days ago on my additional account to check how hard the game actually is. I understand that there's a rogue-like system here but is there a way to avoid or at least decrease the chance of the randomized fatigue after exiting the dungeons? Two of my heroes got their stats decreased heavily after I've used them once or twice. The worst thing is that one of them has the Evasive Master skill and uses the spear. He's a mere shadow of the hero he was at the beginning with speed decreased by 10, 0 of strenght and less vigour.

The other is a medium class female barbarian that got her strenght from 3 to 0, along with other stats. Her sword and power were very helpful and now she's just weak. What was your strategy when going for the plat, apart from rolling a good set of heroes at the start? Did you use weaker and slower characters on easier dungeons to avoid getting the fatigue? How long does it last? Is it based on my performance in a level, like how many hp/vigour I got left when defeating a specific "god"?

Update: The fatigue has worn off after around 3 dungeons beaten. It seems it's just a random thing thrown into the game, similar to rolling the dice in a board game. Now I have problem with beating Ogmios. Every previous (according to the guide here) "god" was fairly beatable but this one is a hard cookie. Any suggestions?

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Update.

If you have anyone with some strength stats and can get them to the end you can fight Ogmios up close and personal and he won't put up much of a fight.

Also for the stats decrease RNG I've found that if you just sacrifice your other non-essential warriors to the dungeon, then it will count as time passed and your stats will revert for the warriors that took the decrease before. 

On my very first run of Belanos I came out with just 1 pip of health and my warrior took the stats hit. On a separate run, i came out unscathed and my warrior was fine, i then did another dungeon and same thing happened. This makes me think that perhaps the health lost and damage taken are calculated into the RNG for a stats decrease after a successful dungeon. 

There could be some sort of system that affects stat gains and losses but honestly I think it's just mostly random. I've had instances where after a successful boss fight only one character got a slight stat boost; and then in another instance, a whole bunch of heroes getting a mix of buffs and nerfs and skills (including some oddities like one character's vigour getting both a buff and a nerf at the same time.) even though I only used one hero to beat the god. The only situation I know where you can do any kind of manipulation is if you beat a god with a character who is afraid/or wary of it. That one usually gives him or her a decent stat boost.

As for that fatigue effect where a whole bunch of stats on a character is reduced, it's only temporary. Still annoying though. It's why you should have at least 3 characters that are decently equipped.

Is Ogmios the one in the sand arena with the long tongue? Yeah I had a lot of trouble with him too. Supposedly his attacks are easily parryable but I could never get the timing down. Plus he does a surprising amount of damage. I generally fight that god late unless I somehow got lucky with the stats and have a character with high strength. You could also wait until you can get higher star weapons. If you have a big character equipped with a 3 or 4 star large mace, you can outdamage him in a slugfest.

19 hours ago, JohzyDeMartin said:

If you have anyone with some strength stats and can get them to the end you can fight Ogmios up close and personal and he won't put up much of a fight.

The problem is that even after the fatigue has worn out my female barbarian of a medium class is at 1 strenght. She used to have 3, then the decrease happened and she somehow got +1 as a bonus afterwards. My other heavy class axe wielder got a random "-3" to strenght and now he sits at 0. So I don't have a strong hero at the moment and Ogmios' punches still hit like a train. He's also at two health bars which adds to the difficulty. I've seen a video where someone used an Evasive Master and whenever his vigour went down he backed a little and parried Ogmios' tongue swings, so that he could survive. My spear using hero is an Evasive Master but he's at 0 strenght but I'll try to use him once more and see if I could beat this boss with the aforementioned strategy.

19 hours ago, JohzyDeMartin said:

Also for the stats decrease RNG I've found that if you just sacrifice your other non-essential warriors to the dungeon, then it will count as time passed and your stats will revert for the warriors that took the decrease before. 

On my very first run of Belanos I came out with just 1 pip of health and my warrior took the stats hit. On a separate run, i came out unscathed and my warrior was fine, i then did another dungeon and same thing happened. This makes me think that perhaps the health lost and damage taken are calculated into the RNG for a stats decrease after a successful dungeon.

So there may be a way of avoiding it. We're getting somewhere. :) Thanks for the reply.

8 hours ago, RotatingCube said:

...(including some oddities like one character's vigour getting both a buff and a nerf at the same time.)

It's why you should have at least 3 characters that are decently equipped.

That's funny. :D At first you're glad that you got the boost and two seconds later it's a different story. This game is wacky. :)

One of my heroes has a 3-star weapon but from what I've read it's only useful against regular enemies. Someone has mentioned that more stars will let you hit the monsters without being interrupted. He didn't mention anything about the gods.

8 hours ago, RotatingCube said:

Supposedly his attacks are easily parryable but I could never get the timing down. Plus he does a surprising amount of damage. I generally fight that god late unless I somehow got lucky with the stats and have a character with high strength. You could also wait until you can get higher star weapons. If you have a big character equipped with a 3 or 4 star large mace, you can outdamage him in a slugfest.

I also had problems with parrying his attacks. The previous gods weren't tough to beat and now I'm stuck with my crew lacking a hero with high strenght. Thank you for the tip. I may try getting through the Gutter with one of my bigger characters who has a 3 star weapon (if I remember correctly).

I did choose the gods' order according to the guide, so he's a seventh boss. I was thinking about leaving this dungeon for a while and coming back later on. Thanks again.

I'm assuming you're making backup saves just in case. If you are I would suggest trying Morrigan first as her area has all these forges that can upgrade your weapon's rarity. It's a gamble though (hence the backup) as using a forge can either do nothing, lower or raise your weapon rarity by 1 star. 

The guide suggests doing her last but it's not really because she's a difficult boss. I think it was just recommended because one of her trophies require you to beat her with a 5 star weapon. The assumption was that you may get lucky with the earlier boss drops and get a high rarity weapon plus the morrigan ingot required to upgrade a weapon from 4 to 5 stars.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RotatingCube said:

I'm assuming you're making backup saves just in case. If you are I would suggest trying Morrigan first as her area has all these forges that can upgrade your weapon's rarity. It's a gamble though (hence the backup) as using a forge can either do nothing, lower or raise your weapon rarity by 1 star. 

The guide suggests doing her last but it's not really because she's a difficult boss. I think it was just recommended because one of her trophies require you to beat her with a 5 star weapon. The assumption was that you may get lucky with the earlier boss drops and get a high rarity weapon plus the morrigan ingot required to upgrade a weapon from 4 to 5 stars.

After my previous comments I've made an attempt to beat Ogmios and have done it on the first try. I've chosen my "spear guy" with Evasive Master skill and this time focused on parrying his tongue attacks form afar, just like the guy in one of the videos. I was pretty surprised myself that it's actually not that hard. Even though his strenght is at 0 the heavy attack was taking 3-4 of his pips.

Yes, I'm backing up my saves in case of failure - which happens in this game quite a lot during the first playthrough. I got a 3* silver spear and two 4* weapons (twin axe and a slow axe I think) after Ogmios and already found Morrigan's Ingot in a previous dungeon, so I may think about beating her next. I headed to Methir-Shirraidh but after two tries failed miserably to parry her melee attacks. I guess it's all a matter of memorizing with a bit of luck. Thanks for the tips.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

Yes, I'm backing up my saves in case of failure - which happens in this game quite a lot during the first playthrough. I got a 3* silver spear and two 4* weapons (twin axe and a slow axe I think) after Ogmios and already found Morrigan's Ingot in a previous dungeon, so I may think about beating her next. I headed to Methir-Shirraidh but after two tries failed miserably to parry her melee attacks. I guess it's all a matter of memorizing with a bit of luck. Thanks for the tips.

I've got to say I also found Methir-S quite difficult the first few tries but that was because I was trying to double up on the trophy list. I was aiming to get the kill-action trophies along with the dungeon completion trophies, all while in the same "Keep it Simple" no items used run if possible. After I said screw it I'll just use saves and split obtaining the trophies on different runs, then the game opened up for me, and I've now almost got the Plat.

I had a 4* Spear that I went to Morrigan's and used the Ingot to upgrade to 5*, though I've read if you use the forge that requires the ingot it will upgrade any weapon to 5* automatically, the other small forges will be a 50/50 chance to either go up 1* or down 1* from the level the weapon is currently at. Remember once you do this it will negate "Keep it Simple" so you must have a save before this dungeon to continue that run that way. Once I had the 5* Spear and using items, I was able to get the action-kill trophies on Methir-S and Breith-D, which I had found the most troublesome. I used items such as the shield to block frontal attacks and the mushrooms to beef up my damage when needed.

This mean that afterward, you'll have to reload the previous save and have to beat these bosses on a no items, no 5* weapon run. Hopefully, you have a warrior with a weapon of choice (mine was the Spear) at a 4* level, a speed stat of 25+ (I believe 30 is the cap), any strength stat, the Evasive Master skill, and perhaps any other skill that might be useful(Eagle Eye, & Bathed in Blood come to Mind).

My advice would be if your warrior of choice does have the Evasive Master skill, then try to forget to run while in close combat with bosses and instead tap the O and jostle the thumbstick. As long as your dodging the skill is in effect and your invincible, in between dodges attack so that you build up vigor to get health back. Then run a bit back to safety so you can roar to convert the bloodlust to health and repeat the process. Truly a matter of trial and error till you've got the hang of it. If you can dodge/dash your way to get behind some of the bosses then you can cause huge damage before they turn around or go into the next phase of their attacks, this works for Methir-S, Breith-D, Morrigan, and Ogmios(perhaps some of the others but didn't need it for them).

• Like 2

Oh man I completely forgot that forging with the morrigan ingot counts as using an item (thus invalidating the Keep it Simple trophy.) I hope my advice didn't ruin your platinum run The-Smiths-85. You should be safe if you still have a backup save before beating Morrigan.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JohzyDeMartin said:

I was aiming to get the kill-action trophies along with the dungeon completion trophies, all while in the same "Keep it Simple" no items used run if possible.

I'm doing the same thing. I've seen some good players (with high overall percentage) splitting the playthrough so that they could use items and make those trophies more approachable. I got to think it through and decide what will be a faster way on my main account.

14 hours ago, JohzyDeMartin said:

Remember once you do this it will negate "Keep it Simple" so you must have a save before this dungeon to continue that run that way. Once I had the 5* Spear and using items, I was able to get the action-kill trophies on Methir-S and Breith-D, which I had found the most troublesome. I used items such as the shield to block frontal attacks and the mushrooms to beef up my damage when needed.

This mean that afterward, you'll have to reload the previous save and have to beat these bosses on a no items, no 5* weapon run.

Yep, I've been keeping it in mind all the time, just like the guide mentions. Hopefully nothing glitches on me and I don't crew things up. =) I will consider including your tips into my run and may do the same thing with those two trophies. The hero that was able to use the 4* twin axes is the weakest though, with strenght at 0, speed at 20 (starting amount I guess?), both vigour stats at 7 and no additional skills. My spear is at 3* at the moment. It was pretty good against Ogmios because I had to keep a distance. Against Shiraidh however the double-wielding weapons seem the best. They can stun her a little while in close combat. Too bad the hero using them is such a whimp. :P None of my characters has the Eagle Eye skill. I've been reading about it and thought someone had it but nope...Thanks for the insightful stuff.

13 hours ago, RotatingCube said:

I hope my advice didn't ruin your platinum run The-Smiths-85. You should be safe if you still have a backup save before beating Morrigan.

I'm fine for now. Thanks for the concern though. :) Even if something bad would happen my run is done on additional account now, thus being the testing ground. I remember about all of the tips mentioned in guide on this site but it's still such a highly missable trophy. The last question is: how long did it take you to find the Fe? Some players claimed farming the hog boss and getting it after a couple hours.

Edited by The-Smiths-85
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say a couple of hours in my case but it did take a while. Maybe 15-20 or so resets against the hog boss. It's really random though so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a lot longer than 2 hours. What helped was I did this after I already got the no item trophy so I could use items against the boss. It doesn't increase your odds or anything but those items that increase your damage/prevents stagger helped speed up defeating the boss.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

The last question is: how long did it take you to find the Fe? Some players claimed farming the hog boss and getting it after a couple hours.

Just chiming in to say that it took me ~70 boss fights to get the Burial Fe item once. I didn't use cloud saves, I just defeated 9 out of 10 bosses and started a new safe file again and again. I got the item from Osseus on my 8th playthrough.
Thank god I'm done with the game, this atrocious RNG destroyed my fun in the end ?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RotatingCube said:

I wouldn't say a couple of hours in my case but it did take a while. Maybe 15-20 or so resets against the hog boss. It's really random though so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a lot longer than 2 hours. What helped was I did this after I already got the no item trophy so I could use items against the boss. It doesn't increase your odds or anything but those items that increase your damage/prevents stagger helped speed up defeating the boss.

Ok, thanks. I just defeated Methir with her own arrow and got both trophies. Did it thanks to the Evasive Master skill once again. Noone mentions that her arrow counts as using an item. I hope it doesn't?

43 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Just chiming in to say that it took me ~70 boss fights to get the Burial Fe item once. I didn't use cloud saves, I just defeated 9 out of 10 bosses and started a new safe file again and again. I got the item from Osseus on my 8th playthrough.

That's a lot. It must have been awfully tiring. The road to hog is the quickest. May I ask why didn't you farm him?

It doesn't count as using an item. It's similar to how picking up dropped weapons and throwing them or throwing Morrigan's feathers back against her doesn't count. As long as it's not something that shows up on that item bar on the bottom left of the screen then you are ok.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

Ok, thanks. I just defeated Methir with her own arrow and got both trophies. Did it thanks to the Evasive Master skill once again. Noone mentions that her arrow counts as using an item. I hope it doesn't?

That's a lot. It must have been awfully tiring. The road to hog is the quickest. May I ask why didn't you farm him?

Honestly, I found the pig annoying. Without destroying the totems I was just too dumb to defeat him properly, and running through the whole dungeon takes similarly long as all other dungeons. Plus, doing the other bosses and switching things up made it somewhat bearable.

3 hours ago, RotatingCube said:

It doesn't count as using an item. It's similar to how picking up dropped weapons and throwing them or throwing Morrigan's feathers back against her doesn't count. As long as it's not something that shows up on that item bar on the bottom left of the screen then you are ok.

You were right. I did beat Morrigan and Keep It Simple popped after a while. Now to do the rest of the easy and miscellaneous stuff and repeating it on my main account. :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a last note I have to add that the stats decrease is pre-set every time you start a new game, which means that certain heroes will always get it after using them for any dungeon. The same thing happens with buffs and correlations between certain members of the group and gods. Therefore there's no option to get a better outcome after constant loading of the save file - the items and weapons are always randomized though.

When it comes to two most elusive items I have to point out that during my testing runs I even had Morrigan's Ingot twice and a Burial Fe in the same game. But this has happened only once. The latter is more rare but I somehow always got it after Osseus and no other boss. He may have a higher chance of dropping Fe, so keep that in mind while platting the game.

During my initial run on this account I got lucky with Fe but couldn't get a 4* weapon and Ingot after any god, unfortunately. I've farmed Osseus and Methir-Shirraidh for over 4h (these bosses were the strongest at that moment of the run) and even tried starting a new game and couldn't get them in any way. Then I called it a day and tried again tomorrow. I got Ingot after Carnoccus and a 4* weapon after Osseus, both within 15 minutes of each other (facepalm). This proves how random Gods Will Fall is. It's awfully weird as I never had problems with Ingot and the weapons before and this has ruined my run for the first place. :( On the testing runs I was able to beat the game with gods' specific trophies in 1 hour and 52 minutes. The only things missing were: getting the item from a well, defeating Morrigan with a 5* weapon and some miscellaneous, easy-to-get trophies.

Also: if you happen to have problems with killing three enemies at once (can be tricky) then the best way of achieving this is by using spear on Lochlannarg's minions. They always stand in line and are an easy target.

Desecration of Birth - remember that all of the arrows that Methir-Shirraidh shoots at you from the tree will stay on the ground, so you don't have to wait until she does it again. Hope any of the tips will help anyone struggling with the plat. Have a good day!