How Did You Do That? Trophy

There's an Xbox achievement guide that gives some tips, and this part sounds maybe helpful:

The other important thing to note is that, if you do die/get caught you don't need to replay the entire chapter over again. You can pause and choose to Restart Level, but this doesn't start the chapter over. It just starts you from the beginning of the section you're on in the chapter. This allows you to break up this achievement into much more manageable sections, rather than worrying about needing to do an entire chapter flawlessly (especially some of the long chapters).

I don't know if this is confirmed, but if you can just pause and restart the level instead of the chapter, that would make things a bit more manageable.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/the-lord-of-the-rings-gollum/achievement/289485-how-did-you-do-that-.html

4 hours ago, SolidDiablo said:

There's an Xbox achievement guide that gives some tips, and this part sounds maybe helpful:

I don't know if this is confirmed, but if you can just pause and restart the level instead of the chapter, that would make things a bit more manageable.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/the-lord-of-the-rings-gollum/achievement/289485-how-did-you-do-that-.html

yes, I thought about that too. sorry there is no confirmed information, apparently I will try this method first, I hope it works.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got the plat last night. I didn’t want to risk being the test subject for any method, so I just backed up my save to the cloud after every section I wouldn’t want to do again. If I died I would go to dashboard, force the game close from there and download my save. 

I’ve read elsewhere doing reset checkpoint or anything like that immediately disables the trophy so didn’t want to risk level reset. Backing up can be annoying, but it’s the safest method and worked for me. You can die so easily in this game that I was backing up my save almost every five minutes after each section.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...