General deck tips

So, in my opinion, if you know the mechanics behind the games and know the archetypes the opponet uses, is pretty easy, BUT sometimes it may not be enough. Specifically against Zone (5D's), Dipper O'Rion (Arc-V) it can be really frustrating. Zone uses the timelord decks, which is pretty bas***d, if you don't have the right cards in your hand you can basically lose the duel without even attacking; Dipper uses constellar deck based on xyz summoning constellar pleiadis and ptolemy m7 in the shortest possible time. While Zone can be actually beatable with (a lot of) luck, Dipper was different. SO, this is what I did.

With Zone: Use the user deck and not your customized deck, if you can understand the deck combos and get a lucky hand you can summon either red dragon archfiend and/or stardust dragon and win the duel by negating his cards effects. Anyways I retried this battle whith 3 other deck (which are macro cosmos combo with gren maju and the burn deck that inflict damage without attacking) and it can be done, but some cards can't be unlocked if you don't unlock other duelist pack from other series.

With Dipper: It's awful, the pendulum user deck did nothing to him, and I tried for at least 3 hours straight; I didn't beat him even with exodia, macro cosmos or burn deck, so I left pending arc-v campaign and started the vrains campaign in order to unlock other duelist pack (which in my case where some support card found in the soulburner booster pack) in order to find tachyon spiral galaxy in order to leave n107 and/or galactic eyes dragon on the field without being removed on the field by constellar pleiadis effects. Another good deck to use is the gimmick puppet deck, but it's hard to play and it can be very time spending in my opinion. SO below I'll leave the tachyonic/photonic deck I used to destroy this useless character.

MAIN DECK

Galaxy-eyes photonic dragon x3

galaxy knight x3

galaxy soldier x3

photon trasher x2

photon vanisher x2

photon orbital x3

galaxy wizard x3

ahs blossom and joyous spring x2

galaxy expediction x3

harpie's feather dust x1

photon sanctuary x3

galaxy trance x1

raigeki x1

trade-in x1

rank-up-magic - the seventh one x1

rank-up-magic barian's force x1

tachyon spiral galaxy x2

tachyon trasmigration x2

infinite impermanence x3

EXTRA DECK

Number 107: galaxy-eyes tachyon dragon x1

number c107: neo galaxy-eyes tachyon dragon x1

neo galaxy-eyes photon dragon x1

starliege lord galaxion x1

galaxy-eyes cypher dragon x1

galaxy-eyes full armor photon dragon x1

I din't put link monsters because in my opinion this mechanics sucks (and I don't really know how to use them in an helpful way, I link summoned once only for the trophy lol), neither synchro monsters because in this specific duel they are pretty useless, but feel free to add them if you want!

THAT'S IT! Let me know if you want to know my other decks recipes! Hope this can be useful to everyone who have the same issue I had with this f****r. Have a good day!

Edited by Jeffronio

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/270583-ultimate-deck-ftw-for-campaignchallenges/
This deck proposed by @Rozalia1 served me well in both versions of Legacy of the Duelist, especially if your favored strategies are unfortunately outplayed by the metagame. In the interim while gathering the listed cards, I found a burn build to be effective (if you dare, incorporating Burning Land and Dark Snake Syndrome), and if you happen to get Clock Tower Prison and Final Countdown, that strategy worked for some opponents as well. Once Final Countdown is activated without response, the opponent can’t stop the effect itself, short of beating you in time.

Needle Worm/“Empty Jar” can be an alternative, provided that the opponent gains nothing through their own strategy via having any of their cards sent to the graveyard.

Note: if you so happen to find success with executing the Yata-Garasu “lock effect,” the AI opponent will automatically surrender.

Edited by EqualityEarth
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/270583-ultimate-deck-ftw-for-campaignchallenges/
This deck proposed by @Rozalia1 served me well in both versions of Legacy of the Duelist, especially if your favored strategies are unfortunately outplayed by the metagame. In the interim while gathering the listed cards, I found a burn build to be effective (if you dare, incorporating Burning Land and Dark Snake Syndrome), and if you happen to get Clock Tower Prison and Final Countdown, that strategy worked for some opponents as well. Once Final Countdown is activated without response, the opponent can’t stop the effect itself, short of beating you in time.

Needle Worm/“Empty Jar” can be an alternative, provided that the opponent gains nothing through their own strategy via having any of their cards sent to the graveyard.

Note: if you so happen to find success with executing the Yata-Garasu “lock effect,” the AI opponent will automatically surrender.

Yata-lock combo deck is one of my favourite, but honestly it would be useless in my opinion against the constellar deck.

Honestly I didn't understand how to play the clock tower prison deck, so I build up a deck with lava golem, wave motion machine and stealth bird. In my opinion the best decks for the story mode are the exodia stall (which is pretty uber), sometimes the yata-lock and the burn deck. I tried to build a cyber dragon deck but I didn't like it so I discarded it 

24 minutes ago, Jeffronio said:

lava golem, wave motion machine and stealth bird.

These are absolutely key components :) below is for a PS3 game, though be advised that this deck is constructed with Decade Duels DLC which is used to carry over to Millennium Duels via the save file.

In the past I brainstormed with a mostly fanciful deck as it was aimed at being more frustrating to play against than at taking swift wins.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xaYVEo8-u76eO3SQK_Yfa8AqXKG6VDyCajHwtIsIwlc/edit

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

These are absolutely key components :) below is for a PS3 game, though be advised that this deck is constructed with Decade Duels DLC which is used to carry over to Millennium Duels via the save file.

In the past I brainstormed with a mostly fanciful deck as it was aimed at being more frustrating to play against than at taking swift wins.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xaYVEo8-u76eO3SQK_Yfa8AqXKG6VDyCajHwtIsIwlc/edit

Pretty neat, I’ll try this deck for sure, it seems fun to play

• 4 weeks later...