Layers of Fear (2023) Speedrun Walkthroughs, Collectibles & More (Video Guides)

wolker4

11 hours ago, Lucibur said:

This has been helpful to get the first game and trophies out of the way, just need to figure out what collectibles I'm missing for the two trophies now.

If you have collected all the collectibles from my video, you should have 9/12 drawings and 8/12 mementos. However, there are two collectibles that I forgot to show in my walkthrough. One can be found in chapter 4, in the room where the wall says "Which dream should I chase?" If you take the green path, you will find a memento on a wheelchair, and if you take the red path, you will find a drawing on an empty canvas. The other collectible is located in chapter 5, inside a small crate after you leave the room with the four doors.

The remaining collectibles depend on your decisions. The red path always leads to a drawing, and the green path always leads to a memento. For example, if you choose the red path in chapter 1 on your first playthrough, you will find a drawing on the small table, and if you choose the green path, you will find a memento on the small table. Another example is in the room in chapter 1 where you have to grab a bottle. The left bottle will give you a memento, while the right bottle will give you a drawing.

I hope that info helps and if you got more questions then let me know. Additionally, you can also check out the collectible guide on PowerPyx's website https://www.powerpyx.com/layers-of-fear-2023-ps5-all-collectible-locations-guide-painters-story/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wolker4 said:

If you have collected all the collectibles from my video, you should have 9/12 drawings and 8/12 mementos. However, there are two collectibles that I forgot to show in my walkthrough. One can be found in chapter 4, in the room where the wall says "Which dream should I chase?" If you take the green path, you will find a memento on a wheelchair, and if you take the red path, you will find a drawing on an empty canvas. The other collectible is located in chapter 5, inside a small crate after you leave the room with the four doors.

The remaining collectibles depend on your decisions. The red path always leads to a drawing, and the green path always leads to a memento. For example, if you choose the red path in chapter 1 on your first playthrough, you will find a drawing on the small table, and if you choose the green path, you will find a memento on the small table. Another example is in the room in chapter 1 where you have to grab a bottle. The left bottle will give you a memento, while the right bottle will give you a drawing.

I hope that info helps and if you got more questions then let me know. Additionally, you can also check out the collectible guide on PowerPyx's website https://www.powerpyx.com/layers-of-fear-2023-ps5-all-collectible-locations-guide-painters-story/

I have the PowerPyx guide tabbed and was thinking of following that today, I'm not a big fan of written guides though. Visual guides are the way to go for me, yet not every game I want to do trophy hunting on has them and it makes it a little bit more difficult for me unfortunately. Thank you though! 

5 minutes ago, wolker4 said:

This one is glitched on PlayStation at the moment. 

I read about that in an article, it's a shame that it is as that'll be the only trophy I'll be missing once I'm done with the Musician's DLC. Also, thank you for the video guides as they've been very useful!

• Like 1

On 21.6.2023 at 9:08 PM, tonydamiani said:

Very useful videos. Thank You!

Question:

Do I have to make a New Game for the rest of the collectibles or can I chapter select and continue the game?

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, you can use chapter select to get the rest of the collectibles.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 15.6.2023 at 6:06 PM, wolker4 said:

I have made a speedrun walkthrough for Layers of Fear (2023), Layers of Fear 2 (2023), the Inheritance DLC, and the new Final Note DLC, which offers a fresh perspective on the Layers of Fear storyline. These walkthroughs will help you if you're stuck at any point in the game. Additionally, the walkthroughs cover all the collectibles necessary for the trophies/achievements, except for Layers of Fear 1. For Layers of Fear 1, check my pinned comment in the comment section under my video. This will get you all collectibles since you can not get all of them in one playthrough.

Layers of Fear 2023 Secret Ending - Letting Go Trophy / Achievement Guide (Break the loop)

Layers of Fear 2023 – Painters Story Speedrun Walkthrough & Loop Ending (Read the pinned comment in the comment section of my video for collectibles)

Layers of Fear (2023) - Inheritance / Daughters Story Speedrun Walkthrough & True Ending (Includes All Collectibles)

Layers of Fear (2023) – Final Note / Musicians Story Speedrun Walkthrough & Loneliness Ending (Includes All Collectibles)

Layers of Fear (2023) – Actor's Story Speedrun Walkthrough & The Flame Ending (Includes All Collectibles)

I would appreaciate If you could leave a like and a comment under my video If it helped you out :)

As far as i know, it's not possible to get all collectibles for LoF2 in a single run? Like some of the mystical items require ng+? 

14 hours ago, BRWTapio said:

As far as i know, it's not possible to get all collectibles for LoF2 in a single run? Like some of the mystical items require ng+? 

I got all my collectibles on my first playthrough. In Layers of Fear 2 (2019), you could only get the Mystical items in NG+ as far as I know. However, they changed this in the PS5 version.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...