Not the same question about awaiting review guides

Hi, guide-team members  :wave:

I've written 2 guides that are awaiting review and i wanna know just one thing (maybe it's a stupid question):

I've already published one guide and i saw the changes the guide-team had done ONLY when it was published, so if i edit one of those 2 guides now, could i waste/overwrite the work you've already done on that guide???

If it's true, why can't i see your edits meanwhile??

Editing a guide written by someone else without his or her permission is a violation of the copyright law. The guide team has to ask the author before changing anything if they plan to publish a guide. When they don't like how a guide is written and can't reach an agreement with the author, they have to reject it.

But that goes for both sides (in a way, at least). The author needs to conform the guide to the quality standards of PSNProfiles.com and they need to go along with the copyright law.

The least you as the writer are allowed to do is revert the changes made by the team because it is your guide and not theirs.

With that said, if there is a team that edits guides without asking and waiting for permission, I won't write any guides for this site.

Edited by viech54

Hi, guide-team members  :wave:

I've written 2 guides that are awaiting review and i wanna know just one thing (maybe it's a stupid question):

I've already published one guide and i saw the changes the guide-team had done ONLY when it was published, so if i edit one of those 2 guides now, could i waste/overwrite the work you've already done on that guide???

If it's true, why can't i see your edits meanwhile??

The changes probably weren't made after publishing, but published shortly after the changes were made. If there's issues with formatting/spelling/grammar then the guide team will fix those, if there are major issues then a comment will be left and you'll have to submit the guide again.

You can see if a section was edited by staff by viewing the list of revisions after you click "Edit Content". Editing a section just continues on from the previous edit.

Editing a guide written by someone else without his or her permission is a violation of the copyright law. The guide team has to ask the author before changing anything if they plan to publish a guide. When they don't like how a guide is written and can't reach an agreement with the author, they have to reject it.

But that goes for both sides (in a way, at least). The author needs to conform the guide to the quality standards of PSNProfiles.com and they need to go along with the copyright law.

The least you as the writer are allowed to do is revert the changes made by the team because it is your guide and not theirs.

With that said, if there is a team that edits guides without asking and waiting for permission, I won't write any guides for this site.

It's not a violation of copyright law at all.

Not illegal, just disrespectful without permission

The changes probably weren't made after publishing, but published shortly after the changes were made. If there's issues with formatting/spelling/grammar then the guide team will fix those, if there are major issues then a comment will be left and you'll have to submit the guide again.

You can see if a section was edited by staff by viewing the list of revisions after you click "Edit Content". Editing a section just continues on from the previous edit.

It's not a violation of copyright law at all.

Thanks Sly.

I quote your post to get your attention just one more time:

Why the Styles-Editor and Tables/Videos/Images Adder are NOT available while editing the RoadMap (but they are available while editing Tips&Strategies-Section or Trophies)???

Thanks Sly.

I quote your post to get your attention just one more time:

Why the Styles-Editor and Tables/Videos/Images Adder are NOT available while editing the RoadMap (but they are available while editing Tips&Strategies-Section or Trophies)???

They shouldn't really be needed for the roadmap.