Blade Runner 2033 Labyrinth

Abby_TheLastofUs

Set between the original film and 2049, Blade Runner 2033 takes place after the events of the Black Out and asks: what does a Blade Runner do when there are no Replicants left to hunt?

Developed and published by Annapurna Interactive.

A lead on the project was a story consultant on What Remains of Edith Finch and the game director on Solar Ash.

Working on Edith Finch was honestly a life-changing experience for me, and it taught me so much about telling stories in the unique language of games," she says. "BR2033 is very much a narrative game, so I can lean on my learnings from Edith Finch often. On the other side, projects like Solar Ash and our work in the interactive music space gave us incredible love of wielding advanced graphics as gameplay tools. Our desire to bend a wide array of disciplines as expressive tools will definitely be present in the final game.

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 3

Ok, that looks/sounds really cool.

In the last three months I watched the first movie again, played the PS4 version of the classic game (again, if you count the PC version from more then 20 years ago) and just recently watched 2049 for the first time. Definitely ready for another chapter.

Trailer didn't convey much, but I assume this will be another adventure game of some stripe. In any case, considering that the Blade Runner films are among my all-time favorites, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

• Like 1