How to unlock online?

I started this game recently and I’m trying to figure out how to connect online. 

I press online and it says 

initial ranking matches

rankings

replays

serial code 

return

how do I unlock lobby and free matches? I’ve completed the matches that initial ranking match gave me but nothing has changed. When I press it again it gives me options to queue up but I can’t find anyone online. A friend and I tried playing together and couldn’t find eachother either

Edited by Legchomper

I've noticed you haven't unlocked the trophy "Now the Real Fight Begins!" which requires you to complete the online tutorial. The first 5 (I think) are against AI opponents while the remaining placement matches are against real players. Are you sure all post game diamonds are blue or crossed out? If so you should see a letter grade followed by a number. If not continue to queue up for initial ranking matches until you are placed. The game is dead so it might take a while or you'll have to resort to boosting.

Another thing to note is I believe this game has a bracket for players. If you can't queue up together you're probably in different regions or are too spaced apart in rankings. Try asking them to create an alt account and do the initial placement matches with you.

20 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I've noticed you haven't unlocked the trophy "Now the Real Fight Begins!" which requires you to complete the online tutorial. The first 5 (I think) are against AI opponents while the remaining placement matches are against real players. Are you sure all post game diamonds are blue or crossed out? If so you should see a letter grade followed by a number. If not continue to queue up for initial ranking matches until you are placed. The game is dead so it might take a while or you'll have to resort to boosting.

Another thing to note is I believe this game has a bracket for players. If you can't queue up together you're probably in different regions or are too spaced apart in rankings. Try asking them to create an alt account and do the initial placement matches with you.

We live within walking distance of eachother about 30 minutes or so so that’s not the issue. I’ve beaten 5 already and then it kicked me to the main menu. Here’s what I have, and also when I’m in a queue it says versus rank 5

Edited by Legchomper

40 minutes ago, Legchomper said:

We live within walking distance of eachother about 30 minutes or so so that’s not the issue. I’ve beaten 5 already and then it kicked me to the main menu. Here’s what I have, and also when I’m in a queue it says versus rank 5

After completing your initial rank matches and earning the trophy you should have this menu after selecting online:

Online Lobby

Ranked Match

Room Match

Rankings

Replays

Serial Code

Return

If you don't have this then you are still in the placement period. This is also confirmed by you just having a number rank and not a letter/number combo. However, you said you did 5, those were against the Ai. Now you have to queue up and fight 2 real players (or the same one twice). This is an online match so that would explain the longer queue timers.

So now, for matching against your friend. has your friend completed their 5 AI placement matches? If not then you won't be able to connect. If so, have you tried changing the Match Options to find each other? Making sure the region settings are similar as well as rank, connection speed, and match completion rate are set to no requirement?

Edited by BestUsername----

1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

After completing your initial rank matches and earning the trophy you should have this menu after selecting online:

Online Lobby

Ranked Match

Room Match

Rankings

Replays

Serial Code

Return

If you don't have this then you are still in the placement period. This is also confirmed by you just having a number rank and not a letter/number combo. However, you said you did 5, those were against the Ai. Now you have to queue up and fight 2 real players (or the same one twice). This is an online match so that would explain the longer queue timers.

So now, for matching against your friend. has your friend completed their 5 AI placement matches? If not then you won't be able to connect. If so, have you tried changing the Match Options to find each other? Making sure the region settings are similar as well as rank, connection speed, and match completion rate are set to no requirement?

I just unlocked it using my PS5 and PS4 on separate accounts, as you can see I have the trophies now. My friend no longer has his PS4 though so I’m unsure what will happen there. I’ll report back tomorrow if we were able to figure it out on his end successfully