Does it pay to platinum this game currently?

WitchHunterDX

It's July 2023, and the question I ask is the following, is it worth buying The Crew and, in addition to completing the main campaign (which I believe you should have), platinum too?

I've been watching videos of The Crew Motorfest and it looks like it's going to be a really good game, and since it's coming out on PS4 I intend to buy it but I wanted to play the first 2 first.

The Crew 2 I know is a smooth platinum game, doesn't seem to have bugs or anything related. But the first The Crew seems to be riddled with problems related to trophies, which I don't know if it's been resolved. Put these supposed problems together with the difficulty and platinum time from the guide here on PSNP and we have a problem, because I'm not going to spend money on a buggy and unplayable game, and the game is from 2014, they had a lot of time to fix something.

Is it worth it or not? I'm looking to get the Ultimate Edition.

The game itself is worth to be played. However, the glitched throphies make the platinum experience truly awful and that is because save files are stored on ubisoft servers, hence, if a trophy glitches you'll be stuck forever because there's absolute no way to reset the game progress and start from scratch. Some people got lucky and got no glitched trophies whilst others (like me) got a few buggy trophies which, to this day, have not been fixed. It's totally random. The platinum itself it's not difficult just tedious and boring.

• Like 4

Personally I haven’t had any glitched trophy issues servers seem to be stable most of the time the game its self is fun with a nice story campaign.

The cars are nice and offers some cool customisation a arcade style of game play similar to say need for speed the open world map is massive its all based in USA.

Now the trophy list is still obtainable with a good portion of the trophy’s online most can be boosted with a group one trophy i myself stuck on is podium placing this trophy is probably the plat killer its obtainable but purely luck to get into a Crew vs Crew game mode boosting is advised you will need 8 people 4vs4 crews but then its not guaranteed the server will pair you to the group if successfully paired your crew of 4 must finish 1,2,3 to pop from my experience its been a pain to even get everyone on the same page to attempt the trophy.

the Platinum difficulty is 8/10 I’d say a 6/10 its not a difficult game just has a grind to it the time to platinum is 140 hours seems about right for an example some of the time consuming trophies are drive 2000 miles off-road the other is drive a total of 5,000 in a single car I’ve completed the game side missions and skills based missions and still only have driven 2,500 miles rubber banding the controller at this point will get the trophies.

overall if your up for the grind and chip away bit by bit you’ll be ok the currant platinum is 0.65% the game isn’t bad just time consuming and one trophy podium placing can be frustrating.

Besides a short trial in 2019, i started this game around a month ago and had a blast. Trophies unlocked fine, no glitches there. A few game crashes in long races spoiled the almost perfect experience. Driving physics are hard to get used to in the beginning, but once you upgrade your cars and get used to it, it's not that bad. I was a big fan of the old test drive unlimited games and this game reminded me of that in a lot of ways. Progression system is a bit broken though. The amount of money you earn in singleplayer events is ridiculously low compared to faction events or daily payouts (depending on your faction rank)

• Like 1