Game save corruption warning

Seqqeqeth

This is just a brief warning about the Richie R. map, which I believe still has a plethora of problems and glitches associated with it.

My first playthrough attempt had me at the stage where I had one last mission left to go to get the Debt Free trophy, and I had collected 1 faberge egg, just to give you an idea of where I was at. Shortly in from this, I believe getting tasered at 208 may have triggered the corrupted save as nothing I could do would get it to work again. Even reinstalling the game did nothing - I had to delete the save.

2nd playthrough I tested out 208 again and sure enough, getting tasered almost did the same thing. BSOD. But loading up the save luckily worked this time.

I don't know if it helped or not, but I cleaned out the ps4's old save data from games I already platted, cleaned out some videos and all screenshots. I still have 2/3 full storage, but the game did run a bit better this time around, plus I am packing up the save to USB. This installation was just the Thief game - my first install may have been fragmented due to multiple downloads at once, can't be sure.

tldr: when you have got far enough to get into the Richie R map, be sure to backup to USB. It's a trashy game and you don't want to play it longer than you need to.

• Like 1

On 30-7-2023 at 9:25 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

Game crashed on me and now won't ever load up again.  Guessing I'm gonna have to delete my save :/ 

Was this issue present on earlier versions?

Got the same error. Error CE-34878-0 and it won't let me load the save anymore. I was pretty far in the game and i hope the save game is not corrupted because i was almost at the end of the game.
I emailed the developer if they have a solution for this.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, paultje118 said:

Got the same error. Error CE-34878-0 and it won't let me load the save anymore. I was pretty far in the game and i hope the save game is not corrupted because i was almost at the end of the game.
I emailed the developer if they have a solution for this.

I emailed them about a week ago and have received no response.

I have downgraded to 1.04 to test how stable that version is, and if that doesn't work i'll go to 1.03.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, paultje118 said:

snip

So after playing with patch 1.04 pretty much all day, I have received no save corruption (so far), the only downside is there are some 'new' bugs present (I can incredible hulk kick my car into the air by jumping on it) and there are less camera control panels available to hack.  The other postive is the game runs far far smoother, I don't get the huge amounts of stuttering that I did on 1.05.

EDIT - ok, a huge issue just arose.  When I quit out to backup my save and reloaded it, it forgot everything I did today o_O the save was exactly where I started this morning.  Looks like I may have to finish this in one sitting :/

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 1

There may be a few extra tips to try to help stop problems arising.

I've completed the game now and won't be returning to it, but things like pointing your camera at the ground as often as you can will help reduce strain on your system as there is less to render, and may help stop crashes. Try not to look at too much at once.

Also, take your time with as much as you can. Doing anything too quickly will put unnecessary strain on the console. Slow movements, and especially with Richie R where there is a lot of security, even dragging out a heist to roll over more than a day as you drag multiple heavy items out to your van in increments.

• 5 months later...

Just platted it, I never encountered crashes until after starting the Industrial area and only it only happened about 3 times but the last 2 times it happened ended up setting me back a few missions for some reason which is not as bad as having my save corrupted like OP but it did slightly sour my experience of the game which I thoroughly enjoyed up until then.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to add that after "latest patch " there is bug or glitch that will cause you to loose all progress you make during & after 2 final heists.

No matter how many times gave will show up the saving icon and how much progress you make even if you complete game & buy new house & start the new missions to unlock NG+ if you close the game or it crashes the game will always (at least for me ) revert progress back to before 2 final missions so you can loose hours of gameplay its really infuriating.
Console ports seem to be completely broken and devs dont give a flying you know what about fixing it.