How long is platinum going to be in Trial of the Ancestors league?

SaviorKIA

Hello and welcome. I just platinumed Diablo 4. Tbh I wasn't a fan of the genre and it took me 23 years from my first Diablo 2 experience to finally really enjoy ARPG title. I wanted to try POE for a long time. Now after enjoying D4 and especially after seeing POE2 gameplays, I'm finally going to start POE when new league will begin and I'm back from holidays.

So my main question is, how long and difficult the platinum gonna be next league when playing solo? I'm gonna use one of the meta builds for sure, cause I want to play the game and not Microsoft Excel :D Let's use Diablo 4 as a reference. D4 was rather easy for me. I only struggled with Uber Lilith for a while cause I was fighting her in season 1 after damage nerfs.

Edited by SaviorKIA

If you play entirely solo, it's going to be 250-400hrs. It is rng dependent and playing on a specific league really doesn't do much..every league has balance changes..you can refer to a post I made on this forum for general info. I will update it into a Trial of the Ancestors League rendition. Uber lilith is hard but you can get the items to beat that boss reliably..you never lose xp..you can grind and eventually get there. POE doesn't work this way..you need insane knowledge/rng to achieve the goals. 

Playing solo for you would require you to spec breach to get the breach lords. You'd have to defeat Uber Elder and Maven to get the watchstones..those fights in poe can feel infinitely harder than lilith because when you fail it's not infinitely looping where you can keep trying. You will lose your portals on poe and have to refarm the fragments to do the fight again.

Edited by Kal-El457
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kal-El457 said:

If you play entirely solo, it's going to be 250-400hrs. It is rng dependent and playing on a specific league really doesn't do much..every league has balance changes..you can refer to a post I made on this forum for general info. I will update it into a Trial of the Ancestors League rendition. Uber lilith is hard but you can get the items to beat that boss reliably..you never lose xp..you can grind and eventually get there. POE doesn't work this way..you need insane knowledge/rng to achieve the goals. 

Playing solo for you would require you to spec breach to get the breach lords. You'd have to defeat Uber Elder and Maven to get the watchstones..those fights in poe can feel infinitely harder than lilith because when you fail it's not infinitely looping where you can keep trying. You will lose your portals on poe and have to refarm the fragments to do the fight again.

Thanks for info, I saw your thread from last league. Are required bosses doable on level 90 or you have to reach even higher for any of them? I know about xp penalty on death, that's why I'm asking. Also I don't want the game to become a chore at some point, that's why I never started it.

6 minutes ago, SaviorKIA said:

Thanks for info, I saw your thread from last league. Are required bosses doable on level 90 or you have to reach even higher for any of them? I know about xp penalty on death, that's why I'm asking. Also I don't want the game to become a chore at some point, that's why I never started it.

most won't be doable at level 90 on console unless you play a build that is somehow broken and can be hard carried on little to no items. You basically wouldn't even worry about trophies..you will spec your atlas passive tree to give yourself the best options to get items and then you keep improving your build until it's at a point where u feel u r deleting map bosses in red tier maps. I will update the thread the week of the league on pc..you can check there for builds and passive tree stuff.

• Like 2