Tips for Platinum! - Updated for the New Affliction League December 2023.(With Resources.)

Kal-El457

I've never been particularly interested in this game because I haven't heard much about it. But now I have learned that it has a very challenging platinum trophy. I'm curious - what makes it so difficult? Is it because you need to spend a lot of time mastering the game's mechanics, or because it requires a high level of skill to kill enemies? Perhaps there's a lot of RNG involved, or is it a combination of all these factors? I enjoy a good challenge, so I might give it a try in the near future.

Edited by BubbleJayGum

4 minutes ago, BubbleJayGum said:

I've never been particularly interested in this game because I haven't heard much about it. But now I have learned that it has a very challenging platinum trophy. I'm curious - what makes it so difficult? Is it because you need to spend a lot of time mastering the game's mechanics, or because it requires a high level of skill to kill enemies? Perhaps there's a lot of RNG involved, or is it a combination of all these factors? I enjoy a good challenge, so I might give it a try in the near future.

Yes it is a combination of those things. You need to learn the game which ppl who have 3000+ hrs are still learning every week basically and some of the bosses do require a high amount of skill. There is a trophy for Killing every Breachlord, this was previously easy but starting this league for a new player, they may never defeat 1 breach lord at all because they updated the content lol and yes there is tons of rng involved. The game is merciless, unforgiving. I've been playing a long time so for me the platinum is a joke. I officially do the "plat" on pc every league just by playing except for the "No Stone Unturned" trophy because that's pointless on PC. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kal-El457 said:

Yes it is a combination of those things. You need to learn the game which ppl who have 3000+ hrs are still learning every week basically and some of the bosses do require a high amount of skill. There is a trophy for Killing every Breachlord, this was previously easy but starting this league for a new player, they may never defeat 1 breach lord at all because they updated the content lol and yes there is tons of rng involved. The game is merciless, unforgiving. I've been playing a long time so for me the platinum is a joke. I officially do the "plat" on pc every league just by playing except for the "No Stone Unturned" trophy because that's pointless on PC. 

As a very experienced player, would you say that the guide posted on this site is a good reference for someone going for the platinum, or is there better material available elsewhere?

7 minutes ago, BubbleJayGum said:

As a very experienced player, would you say that the guide posted on this site is a good reference for someone going for the platinum, or is there better material available elsewhere?

Most of it is still very relevant but the game continues to evolve so as the guide states, things do change....balance is different, for example..the shaper memory fragments dont even exist anymore, the trophy pops just from clearing the main questline now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El457 said:

Most of it is still very relevant but the game continues to evolve so as the guide states, things do change....balance is different, for example..the shaper memory fragments dont even exist anymore, the trophy pops just from clearing the main questline now.

Thank you for all the info, man! Your first post really motivated me to try and get the platinum in this game. ? I've also watched some gameplay videos, and the game looks really cool. As I mentioned before, I may give it a shot in the near future.

• Like 1

Hello,

This topic made me want to get back to it, and try platinum again.

I quit twice because of the 6-links trophy. I told myself that before trying again, I would try this one first.

Result = I went standard, I exchanged all my currencies for fusing. 1800 orbs -> Fail 6links...

I am at more than 5,000 fusing (in 3 tries), this trophy is cursed and does not want to pop.

I am very hesitant to start a league again, only to end up giving up in disgust for this trophy.

Sorry for my bad english ^^

On 4/11/2023 at 10:31 AM, dRk_ said:

Hello,

This topic made me want to get back to it, and try platinum again.

I quit twice because of the 6-links trophy. I told myself that before trying again, I would try this one first.

Result = I went standard, I exchanged all my currencies for fusing. 1800 orbs -> Fail 6links...

I am at more than 5,000 fusing (in 3 tries), this trophy is cursed and does not want to pop.

I am very hesitant to start a league again, only to end up giving up in disgust for this trophy.

Sorry for my bad english ^^

Yea i hear you, it is really bad. I actually just 6l'd an item again in under 300 fuse that was 30 quality. It is rng but it can be done!

• Like 1

Guys listen to OP guy. I have plat but I returned after D4 beta and league being interesting.

It is way easier to platinum it now for sure. I created RF as starter build based on Pohx build and I am just cruising. getting all the maps in atlas was hard back in the day due to some maps being very expensive but now with missions from that Krac dude and unique maps being available there is easy peasy.

There was this one map where you had to fight previous champions and I remember I needed special build for that. I didn't do it yet this league so not sure and can't comment but you always can invite someone to help with that map with proper build for it.

Anyway GL HF for anyone that will try plat this league

• 2 weeks later...

The thing that's really defeating me is kiling Uber-Elder or The Maven for the third voidstone.  My Righteous Fire Jugg clears all the content pretty easy, no-death kills of Elder, Shaper, and Sirus, four of the Maven invitations done.  But these two fights just chew me up and spit me out.  The Jugg's DPS is just too low, my last attempt at Maven, I was fighting for 30 minutes and didn't even get to the last phase.  I then spent two weeks working on my gear, only to go back into Uber-Elder and get destroyed again.  And then the league ran out, and I can't face starting from scratch in the new league.

I just finished levelling a Fire Trap Elementalist, as I can give her my jugg's gear, and if she can't defeat either of them, then I don't think I have the morale to continue.  I'll give it a year or two and hope they change the trophy requirements again.

Really wish I'd finished clearing the red maps at launch now, I'd already have the plat.

• Like 1

So... I googled the league, and it seems the current league, Crucible does not have an end date. Based on the current dates, it seems as though it would be safe to assume this league will run through until August - yes?

I looked it up because Delameko's message was confusing:

58 minutes ago, Delameko said:

I then spent two weeks working on my gear, only to go back into Uber-Elder and get destroyed again.  And then the league ran out, and I can't face starting from scratch in the new league.

You're talking about a different league, not the current one, yes @Delameko?

Please keep in mind I know next to nothing about this game, but this game has been on my to-do list for a long time, and this seems like a good time to dive in if so!

On 28/04/2023 at 0:10 AM, CharlesB753 said:

So... I googled the league, and it seems the current league, Crucible does not have an end date. Based on the current dates, it seems as though it would be safe to assume this league will run through until August - yes?

I looked it up because Delameko's message was confusing:

You're talking about a different league, not the current one, yes @Delameko?

Please keep in mind I know next to nothing about this game, but this game has been on my to-do list for a long time, and this seems like a good time to dive in if so!

Yeah, this is a great time to dive in, as the league has only been out for a couple of weeks.

The leagues usually last for 3-4 months.  I started my recent character in the previous league (Sanctum) and played it for about six weeks before the league ended.  When the league ends, your characters get moved to the standard league.  The problem with the standard league is that, firstly, everything is very expensive to buy (from other players), and secondly, there's not a whole lot of people playing on standard.  To give an example, I used to sell 5-8 items a night on Sanctum league (and that was at the end of the league), whereas in the first two weeks on standard I've only sold 1 item total.

It's also worth mentioning, that if you're playing the current league, you can probably pay other players 1-2 divines to carry you through one of the boss encounters I mentioned. I've tried doing that on standard and I haven't had any takers.  One person contacted me to say they'd do it for 10 divines -- the most divines I've every had is 7!

• 4 months later...
18 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Does anybody know what the OP refers to exactly when "stash tab" is mentioned?

is this something you find ingame or is it one of these packs listed under extras in the psn store?

Stash tabs = item tabs when you open stash in hub locations. For free you have 4 tabs 12x12. You can buy additional 12x12 or tabs for specific types of objects (currency, gems, cards, etc.). These are only available ingame in Microtransactions (press start on controller while playing).

For platinum: Currency tab and single premium tab (for trading so only if you are not playing SSF) are must have. Additionally I would suggest having Maps tab. On sale you can get all of these for <200 coins.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Does anybody know what the OP refers to exactly when "stash tab" is mentioned?

is this something you find ingame or is it one of these packs listed under extras in the psn store?

4 hours ago, SaviorKIA said:

Stash tabs = item tabs when you open stash in hub locations. For free you have 4 tabs 12x12. You can buy additional 12x12 or tabs for specific types of objects (currency, gems, cards, etc.). These are only available ingame in Microtransactions (press start on controller while playing).

For platinum: Currency tab and single premium tab (for trading so only if you are not playing SSF) are must have. Additionally I would suggest having Maps tab. On sale you can get all of these for <200 coins.

Too clarify more on what SaviorKIA said, this is Grinding Gears' primary source of income in terms of microtransactions not including skins. Technically, you could play the game w/o these stash tabs, but it would be an extremely awful experience. Loot and materials are so crucial to the game, you will be very gimped after a couple of Acts putting your progression to a screaching halt without them. Although the auto-sort feature of these tabs are nice, it's the amount of space it gives you that makes a difference. Technically, it's not "pay to win", but it semantics IMO...it's pay-to-win.

Having said all that, if you're a fan of action RPGs/Diablo clones, this is a fun, hardcore game that's worth throwing a few bucks to support this team. I gave up on the platinum due to the crashing on the PS4. At high levels you will lose XP and your map tokens if you die and sometime crashing equals death resulting to several hours of lost playtime. 

Edited by exsentry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, exsentry said:

Too clarify more on what SaviorKIA said, this is Grinding Gears' primary source of income in terms of microtransactions not including skins. Technically, you could play the game w/o these stash tabs, but it would be an extremely awful experience. Loot and materials are so crucial to the game, you will be very gimped after a couple of Acts putting your progression to a screaching halt without them. Although the auto-sort feature of these tabs are nice, it's the amount of space it gives you that makes a difference. Technically, it's not "pay to win", but it semantics IMO...it's pay-to-win.

Having said all that, if you're a fan of action RPGs/Diablo clones, this is a fun, hardcore game that's worth throwing a few bucks to support this team. I gave up on the platinum due to the crashing on the PS4. At high levels you will lose XP and your map tokens if you die and sometime crashing equals death resulting to several hours of lost playtime. 

So it gives you more space in your inventory or is it more like a warehouse that you have to access somewhere (an NPC for example) in order to store stuff from your inventory there?

3 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

So it gives you more space in your inventory or is it more like a warehouse that you have to access somewhere (an NPC for example) in order to store stuff from your inventory there?

Think of a stash tab as the briefcase in Resident Evil, but about 1000x more loot. In a Resident Evil briefcase you have ammo, weapons, healing items, etc...the stash tabs allow you to make a many "briefcases" for each type of item. Many of these stash tabs are just empty which you can color code and name, Premium ones are specifically made that organize items for you and are actually quite handy, especially if you have OCD. :) Could you imagine playing Resident Evil 4 with no inventory briefcase at all? That's would it would be like playing with their default stash tab (I think they give you one or two). That's probably the best way I can explain it.

There's no "gold" in PoE, so the currency are crafting items which you need to use for upgrades, crafting and trading which makes the Currency stash tab worth a purchase. Also, post-game requires making maps (4 pieces) which you have to craft. You'll get many of these throught your playtime, so having a Premium tab for that one also handy as SaviorKIA mentioned.

• 1 month later...

As of next league some significant changes will be coming, specifically drop rate nerfs to sanctum which is the biggest source of currency farm in game, and possibly harvests which is another good currency farm.

if players trash on the league enough the league afterwards may very well be much improved, but recently a clip surfaced showing just how broken sanctum was and i think it made the devs do backflips. 

• 4 weeks later...

I understand that this game changes occasionally, so how would a platinum look like for somebody who usually spreads out completion over multiple years, possibly? There's no way I'm going to sit down to grind out certain time-sensitive content. Is it doable then? How should I approach it?

On 11/27/2023 at 7:41 AM, fbdbh said:

I understand that this game changes occasionally, so how would a platinum look like for somebody who usually spreads out completion over multiple years, possibly? There's no way I'm going to sit down to grind out certain time-sensitive content. Is it doable then? How should I approach it?

Its been a couple of years, so some of this is going to be half-remembered. You will need to do all the maps in one season. They change up the Atlus each season, and some maps stay done, and others do not. Certain things, like Shaper, have the requirements to fight them change. Builds get nerfed and buffed each season, so if you get a good build, take 6 months off and come back, it may be trash. 

This game also runs like shit on playstaion. It may be better now, but back when I got the plat, it crashed like once an hour. I pop back in here now and again to see how things are, and as of today it has 23 recent players. Overall player count was low when I was playing, I imagine is worse now. Trade is important in this game, and with low player counts, and clunky controller communication, it sucks to trade on console.  But grinding all the things you need, well its RNG but your looking at hundreds of hours, if not pushing 1k if you get truly unlucky. You do you, but my advice is to avoid this game. Play it on PC if you can, its much much better there. On PS4/5 its a real slog. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@Kal-El457 Are you still playing these days? It looks like a brand new league starts at the end of this month so I’m toying with the idea of maybe trying PoE for the first time ever. But I’m quite overwhelmed with how to get started… this is by far the most intimidating game I’ve ever considered picking up.

It looks like PC gets a head start on console by a few days, so would this be enough time to figure out what builds are viable for end game in the new league?

My biggest concern with this game is just finding a good, strong build that could handle the end game, and a guide to follow to help me allocate points and gear correctly so I don’t mess it up. All the rest I can learn as I go along and play and have fun. I just hate the thought of investing a huge chunk of time only to realize my build sucks and I need to start over from scratch or something. I’ve got a few weeks to decide if I’m going to start this or not but in the mean time I’m gonna mess around a bit on my alt and see how it feels.

18 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

@Kal-El457 Are you still playing these days? It looks like a brand new league starts at the end of this month so I’m toying with the idea of maybe trying PoE for the first time ever. But I’m quite overwhelmed with how to get started… this is by far the most intimidating game I’ve ever considered picking up.

It looks like PC gets a head start on console by a few days, so would this be enough time to figure out what builds are viable for end game in the new league?

My biggest concern with this game is just finding a good, strong build that could handle the end game, and a guide to follow to help me allocate points and gear correctly so I don’t mess it up. All the rest I can learn as I go along and play and have fun. I just hate the thought of investing a huge chunk of time only to realize my build sucks and I need to start over from scratch or something. I’ve got a few weeks to decide if I’m going to start this or not but in the mean time I’m gonna mess around a bit on my alt and see how it feels.

Yep, the head start is actually a good thing in ways for console because the "hype" builds can be confirmed and you'll know what is truly worth playing. I always personally advise Witch/Marauder per the recent metas because if you start as a witch and go into a necromancer, u can swap to occultist etc later. Since ive started POE the Witch has been the best class in the game overall in some way. You have essentially 3 months to play the league then you could even continue in standard before the next league starts to finish trophies so its not that bad, it's just the time and willingness to learn. 100-300hrs for sure.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kal-El457 said:

Yep, the head start is actually a good thing in ways for console because the "hype" builds can be confirmed and you'll know what is truly worth playing. I always personally advise Witch/Marauder per the recent metas because if you start as a witch and go into a necromancer, u can swap to occultist etc later. Since ive started POE the Witch has been the best class in the game overall in some way. You have essentially 3 months to play the league then you could even continue in standard before the next league starts to finish trophies so its not that bad, it's just the time and willingness to learn. 100-300hrs for sure.

I’ll check out some Witch/Marauder builds. Right now I’ve got a few builds in mind that I like (Few Toxic Rain builds, Righteous Fire Juggernaut etc) and have seen people say helped them get the plat in the past. I guess for now it’s just a waiting game to see what, if anything, changes in the new league and whether I could play one of these or need to find something else. In the mean time I got a few weeks to research the game a bit and decide if this is something I really want to go for.

Just wanna add that I immensely appreciate the time & effort you put into your post and the links you provided. To be honest, a lot of it is hard to understand without the context of having played the game, so I know at some point I’ll just have to dive in and just start learning the old fashioned way. But I have been looking up info on everything you provided and bookmarking all these great sites. Thanks so much for trying to help new players find their way. 🙂

• Like 1