Missed various collectibles, what should I do?

1 hour ago, oYazmat said:

If you missed some fan clubs (mails) do yourself a favor and start again with a guide

Is it not something I can fix in NG+?  I'd rather not have to grind the mission progress I already have (40%).

After sleeping on it, I was planning to rush the end of the game and start the story powered up seeing as I'm already in chapter 9.

Edited by Mr_Stkrdknmiblz

1 minute ago, Mr_Stkrdknmiblz said:

Is it not something I can fix in NG+?  I'd rather not have to grind the mission progress I already have.

After sleeping on it, I was planning to rush the end of the game and start the story powered up seeing as I'm already in chapter 9.

Well if you are already on chapter 9 then go for a NG+

How much is your mission progress? (Becareful that doesn't carry to ng+)

Just now, oYazmat said:

Well if you are already on chapter 9 then go for a NG+

How much is your mission progress? (Becareful that doesn't carry to ng+)

I edited the last post to include it, but incase you didn't see it, around 40%.  As far as I can tell, I havn't missed any missions unless they are somehow tied to the Sephiroth and Zach fan clubs.

Personally if you have missed collectibles, I would do two things:

1. Keep the mission save, and keep completing them as you go. This way you have a save dedicated to missions. From chapter 9 onwards, keep collecting what you can. Do not worry about fan clubs (mail) if you missed a bunch already as you cannot go backwards, yet. 
  2. Start new game+, and look through the list while retaining everything, minus mission progression as you will take care of it using the first save. Although, if you have missed missions along the way (from collectibles), then you should work on them during new game +. 

Regarding #2: Honestly - if you have missed anything during step #1, I would play the game as normal, then look through a guide with all the collectibles - chapter by chapter - and complete all the missions on the New Game+ save.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

Personally if you have missed collectibles, I would do two things:

1. Keep the mission save, and keep completing them as you go. This way you have a save dedicated to missions. From chapter 9 onwards, keep collecting what you can. Do not worry about fan clubs (mail) if you missed a bunch already as you cannot go backwards, yet. 
  2. Start new game+, and look through the list while retaining everything, minus mission progression as you will take care of it using the first save. Although, if you have missed missions along the way (from collectibles), then you should work on them during new game +. 

Regarding #2: Honestly - if you have missed anything during step #1, I would play the game as normal, then look through a guide with all the collectibles - chapter by chapter - and complete all the missions on the New Game+ save.

Thank you for the response.  I’m going to try and confirm I haven’t missed any missions.  I think I’m fine assuming the paragraph about missable missions in the main guide is all there is.

2 hours ago, Mr_Stkrdknmiblz said:

I edited the last post to include it, but incase you didn't see it, around 40%.  As far as I can tell, I havn't missed any missions unless they are somehow tied to the Sephiroth and Zach fan clubs.

40% is a lot. Like x410xDragon said, confirm that you didn't miss any from the fan clubs (I don't honestly remember if any is tied to Zack or Sephiroth FC). And, unless you are after a perfect save (which probably you are not or you would have followed a guide from the start), if you didn't miss any mission just go for 100% missions in your normal playthrough, then go back for the Fan Clubs in NG+ (use a guide).

Those Fan Clubs don't give anything worth playing 9 chapters and 40% missions all over again.

1 hour ago, oYazmat said:

40% is a lot. Like x410xDragon said, confirm that you didn't miss any from the fan clubs (I don't honestly remember if any is tied to Zack or Sephiroth FC). And, unless you are after a perfect save (which probably you are not or you would have followed a guide from the start), if you didn't miss any mission just go for 100% missions in your normal playthrough, then go back for the Fan Clubs in NG+ (use a guide).

Those Fan Clubs don't give anything worth playing 9 chapters and 40% missions all over again.

Perfect.  Seems I'm good on the on the missable missions so I'll just power through to complete the missions.  Cheers