Are the gold trophies harder to get than in GTA IV?

ItsAlwaysSunnyyy

I've done the GTA trilogy (ports with the old controls) and 100% GTA IV. IV was challenging but at no point did I think it would be impossible, however I found a couple of the ones in The Ballad of Gay Tony a bit frustrating. I probably wouldn't do GTA IV's 100% again but I'd be open to the equivalent effort on GTA V. Are the gold trophies in GTA V more or less challenging than IV?

The gold medals are definitely easier in GTA5 than BoGT; just the fact that you can skip some of them; for trophies you only need to get 70 gold medals, but there are over 130 missions you can get medals from, meaning it's possible to skip harder missions and just focus on easier ones. 

I probably agree with Solid in that the platinum is easier in GTA5 than GTA4, but getting 100% trophy completion in GTA5 I'd say is much, MUCH harder and frustrating. The Doomsday Heist adds trophies for doing the Criminal Mastermind challenges of those heist online missions, which requires a lot of skill and coordination from an entire team of dedicated players. For me personally it didn't help that I didn't really like them, but I think it's pretty good proof that GTA5 is the only game on my list between 2012 and 2023 I've not 100%'ed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FishOfPain said:

I probably agree with Solid in that the platinum is easier in GTA5 than GTA4, but getting 100% trophy completion in GTA5 I'd say is much, MUCH harder and frustrating. The Doomsday Heist adds trophies for doing the Criminal Mastermind challenges of those heist online missions, which requires a lot of skill and coordination from an entire team of dedicated players. For me personally it didn't help that I didn't really like them, but I think it's pretty good proof that GTA5 is the only game on my list between 2012 and 2023 I've not 100%'ed.

Yeah the Criminal Mastermind challenges are very hard. For these you need a good team with people you can rely on, good communication and a bit of luck. People must know what to do and especially what not. With the right people it's doable. But there are better threads to discuss this.