Tips for leveling before Tonberry Method

Megahiro10

Hello everyone!
As you can see in title, I need tips for leveling before the well-known Tonberry Method. My problem is that I cannot even defeat One-Eye for the 3x AP weapons. I think I am way too underleveled or am doing something wrong. I try going in with full overdrive for Yuna to Grand Summon Anima but it doesn't do enough damage and eventually Shockwave kills my entire party. 

So what are your tips to defeat One Eye or just leveling in general? 

47 minutes ago, Megahiro10 said:

Hello everyone!
As you can see in title, I need tips for leveling before the well-known Tonberry Method. My problem is that I cannot even defeat One-Eye for the 3x AP weapons. I think I am way too underleveled or am doing something wrong. I try going in with full overdrive for Yuna to Grand Summon Anima but it doesn't do enough damage and eventually Shockwave kills my entire party. 

So what are your tips to defeat One Eye or just leveling in general? 

You can also do the Cactuar method. I'm a little hazy on the details of how it works because it was some time ago I finished the game but there is tons of guides on YouTube with this method as well 

• Like 1

I leveled up using Dark Ixion. i found this method on a Japanese site, but it works the same as the tonberry method, same weapon setup as that.

The set up is overdrive to ap as a bare minimum and double overdrive. If you can have others like double or triple AP etc. that would make it faster. On armor, auto phoenix. Have overdrive as Comrade

The others have the same.  

Here is the english thread on the set up,  https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/69103110, and a video of the method if needed:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

You can also do the Cactuar method. I'm a little hazy on the details of how it works because it was some time ago I finished the game but there is tons of guides on YouTube with this method as well 

Oh my god I just tried using this method and it works so much better (for now), now I can level very quickly. Thank you!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/19/2023 at 6:37 PM, Megahiro10 said:

Oh my god I just tried using this method and it works so much better (for now), now I can level very quickly. Thank you!

Mind sharing a video explaining the method? couldn't find a good one on YT

• 2 months later...

i just did alot of grinding to get purified salts from flamthrowers just before 2nd seymour fight and after running from soldiers. u get 4-8500 per fight depending on which set u fight.  took me all day to get 30 salts for the no encounters lol.