Couch Co-Op questions

Hi! I'm looking for a new game to play with my girlfriend but I have a few questions about how the couch co-op works. Usually I can find most of the answers by myself after doing some research but I couldn't find anything for this game.

1. Can you earn all trophies (dlc included) in couch co-op? If not, which ones you can't and why?

2. It seems like this game as at least two game-modes, Garden Ops and Gardens and Graveyards...can you play all available modes in couch co-op? 

3. Overall, which game would you recommend playing as a couch co-op? This one, the second, or both? 

• 1 month later...

If you're looking for a good couch co-op game, consider the sequel, not this one. This games couch co-op is very limited compared to the sequel.

1.Almost every trophy in this game is unobtainable in couch co-op. This is because of how limited the co-op is. You and the co-op player will always be on the same team, on your own. Meaning that all, "kill players with...", trophies are completely unobtainable. The level trophies are also unobtainable, because they require interacting with other online players. And every boast and killing every plant character 100 times each unobtainable as well. 

2.The game modes in this game are quite varied. PVZ has versions of Domination, Team Deathmatch, and more. However playing in co-op only gives you access to the Garden Ops mode. Making every game mode specific trophy unobtainable as well.

3.Of all games to recommend, the second game is significantly better than the first. Better quality of life updates and most importantly the couch co-op is phenomenal. As long as both accounts have access to a PS+ subscription (or one if both accounts are in the same family) you have access to the entire game in co-op. Making the platinum for this game obtainable, even if you completed the entire process in co-op. PS. One thing to mention, for the account that is player two, they must log in under their account for certain trophies. Not many but a few. Also, if you are a stickler for 100% completion on your account, Garden Warfare 2 has trophies, in the DLC, that are completely unobtainable.

Out of the 56 available trophies in Garden Warfare 1, only about 17 are obtainable in couch co-op. (Maybe a little more if you grind for all the coins to get skip challenge stars). Compared to the sequel where every, base game, trophy is obtainable. And some DLC. (For the second player, in GW2,  19 trophies are unobtainable, unless they log in under their name and complete the requirements. They can still make progress towards the trophies, but must press a button as an example in their backyard (the hub world)). Hope this was helpful, and have fun

Edited by Ft_ShadowFox
grammer mistake
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ft_ShadowFox said:

If you're looking for a good couch co-op game, consider the sequel, not this one.

Be warned however, you can not get 100% trophy completion on Garden Warfare 2 since some modes have been discontinued.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 3:09 PM, Ft_ShadowFox said:

If you're looking for a good couch co-op game, consider the sequel, not this one. This games couch co-op is very limited compared to the sequel.

1.Almost every trophy in this game is unobtainable in couch co-op. This is because of how limited the co-op is. You and the co-op player will always be on the same team, on your own. Meaning that all, "kill players with...", trophies are completely unobtainable. The level trophies are also unobtainable, because they require interacting with other online players. And every boast and killing every plant character 100 times each unobtainable as well. 

2.The game modes in this game are quite varied. PVZ has versions of Domination, Team Deathmatch, and more. However playing in co-op only gives you access to the Garden Ops mode. Making every game mode specific trophy unobtainable as well.

3.Of all games to recommend, the second game is significantly better than the first. Better quality of life updates and most importantly the couch co-op is phenomenal. As long as both accounts have access to a PS+ subscription (or one if both accounts are in the same family) you have access to the entire game in co-op. Making the platinum for this game obtainable, even if you completed the entire process in co-op. PS. One thing to mention, for the account that is player two, they must log in under their account for certain trophies. Not many but a few. Also, if you are a stickler for 100% completion on your account, Garden Warfare 2 has trophies, in the DLC, that are completely unobtainable.

Out of the 56 available trophies in Garden Warfare 1, only about 17 are obtainable in couch co-op. (Maybe a little more if you grind for all the coins to get skip challenge stars). Compared to the sequel where every, base game, trophy is obtainable. And some DLC. (For the second player, in GW2,  19 trophies are unobtainable, unless they log in under their name and complete the requirements. They can still make progress towards the trophies, but must press a button as an example in their backyard (the hub world)). Hope this was helpful, and have fun

On 10/11/2023 at 3:50 PM, Helyx said:

Be warned however, you can not get 100% trophy completion on Garden Warfare 2 since some modes have been discontinued.

Thank you both for the feedback! I asked the same question on the reddit community and the answer was very identical. I guess I'm not going to play any of the Plants vs Zombies games in couch co-op but I'll probably play this one by myself when I get an EA Play subscription. Hopefuly the online servers will still be up by that time.