What platinum should I go for next as I journey to 100 platinums and beyond?

SoliDeoGloriaIHS

Howdy, fellow trophy hunters/huntresses!  I've been on the forums here for over a decade, been trophy hunting since I earned my first trophy way back on 1/1/'11 and now after all this time I figured I'd start this thread for a couple of reasons.  The first being as the title suggests what game should I aim to platinum next?  The second reason is this will sort of comprise my journey going forward to 100 platinums and beyond and 80%, 85% completion.  The third reason is I can always reference this thread in the future when I find myself where I am now unsure of what game's platinum to go for next.

As of this writing, I just earned my 80th platinum this morning, Death's Door, and stand at just over 76% completion.  Not too shabby, but it could be better.  I currently have two games on my profile that I have been playing recently along with Death's Door; they are Persona 4 Golden (Vita) and It Takes Two (PS4).  I am working on the platinums for both of those games, but here's the rub.  P4G is....a long grind.  It isn't quick.  It isn't easy (for me anyway.)  I'm playing it while following along with this site's 100% platinum walkthrough guide.  It's an incredibly thorough guide.  Kudos to the author.  However, the platinum journey for that game is neither fast nor easy.  It's the sort of situation where I need to take breaks from it every so often.  I face another conundrum with It Takes Two.  Fantastic game!  My wife and I are playing it together and we're having a blast, but our time together to game is limited.  She is not a gamer by nature.  I'm not gonna lie.  She isn't good at gaming (I'm not great either), but we are working as a team and taking our time with it and slowly playing through the game.  Neither of us have the time or energy to sit down every night and dedicate 2 to 3 hours to playing.  I do, but she is not always in the mood and that's fine.  I'm not always in the mood to game either.  I figure we'll get it done and I'll earn the platinum by the end of September, early October.  So this leaves me with time to pursue yet another platinum.  P4G, I am working on slowly.  I figure I'll have the platinum in maybe a year from now if all goes well and the HRF trophy doesn't give me too many problems.  It Takes Two....takes two!  Literally.  So with the time I have available now, I find myself debating what game to go for next.  I have a bit of a backlog.  Here goes:

Guacamelee (Vita)

Dark Souls (PS3)

Dark Souls 2 (PS3)

Everything else is PS4

The Last Guardian

Shadow of the Colossus

Final Fantasy XV

Hollow Knight

Scarlet Nexus

Ghost of Tsushima (plus dlc)

Ōkami

Nioh

Nioh 2

Pyre

Guacamelee 2

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

Trek to Yomi

Gleamlight

Stellatum

Those are all the games that I currently have installed on my PS4 and in the case of Guacamelee on my Vita or that I own physically Dark Souls and DS 2 is installed on my PS3.

I have some more games that are in my library but I don't know if I'll ever get to them:

GTA Trilogy (the remasters not the definitive edition)

Axiom Verge 2

Days Gone

Horizon Zero Dawn

Dirt 5

God of War (I'm more than likely going to get to this.  I just haven't installed it yet.)

There are others, but those are the notables.

Basically, right now as I write this, there are two games that come to mind: Dark Souls and Guacamelee.  For whatever reason, those two games are in the forefront of my mind.  I just can't decide which to pull the trigger on so to speak.  I realize Dark Souls is neither quick nor easy.  I see the three playthroughs for the platinum as a bit of a chore, but completely doable.  I can see myself switching off from P4G to DS and vice versa.  Guacamelee is much quicker and probably much easier as well....for most people, I'm sure.  The thing is....I suck at platformers!  For whatever reason, they just really test my patience and the trophy guides I've read say that the platforming in the game is quite challenging even though it has a platinum difficulty rating of 4 out of 10.  Strangely, I probably have more apprehension of pulling the trigger on Guacamelee than I do for Dark Souls.  Anyway, the point of this whole post:  what do all of you think?  Dark Souls.  Guacamelee.  Or something else from my backlog that maybe I am not fixated on right now.  Thank you all for reading.  Be well. 

Edited by Spider-Man916

@PalaceOfLove706 Thank you for the suggestions.  There is no way I can platinum either of those games in a week.  I don't have that much time.  I'm not "quick" with video games.  I tend to take my time and I am certainly not that talented.  I rate myself as mediocre at best at games and trophy hunting.  I'm looking for another game to fill my time when I need a break from P4G and when my wife and I aren't devoting time to It Takes Two which only seems to be once or twice a week.  I guess you could say I'm trying to decide on a third game to put in my rotation so to speak.

I have this thing where I like to see all of my completed games all clumped together on my trophy profile and the games that I am working on above them.  I think what I might do over the long weekend ahead of us who reside in the US is pop one or two trophies each in P4G and ITT so Death's Door is listed with the rest of my platinumed/completed games on my profile and then decide on what game to add to my rotation.

@PalaceOfLove706I am by no means disregarding your suggestions.  I have both of those games in my backlog and one - FF XV - installed on my PS4.  It really is just a matter of me trying to decide what game to pull the trigger on next.  FF XV is definitely in the running.  HZD is as well.  To compound matters for myself, I just downloaded God of War (2018) last night.  Decisions.  Decisions.  I will update here when I make my decision.  Thank you again for your response and suggestion and taking the time to reply. 😊

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spider-Man916 said:

@PalaceOfLove706 Thank you for the suggestions.  There is no way I can platinum either of those games in a week.  I don't have that much time.  I'm not "quick" with video games.  I tend to take my time and I am certainly not that talented.  I rate myself as mediocre at best at games and trophy hunting.  I'm looking for another game to fill my time when I need a break from P4G and when my wife and I aren't devoting time to It Takes Two which only seems to be once or twice a week.  I guess you could say I'm trying to decide on a third game to put in my rotation so to speak.

I have this thing where I like to see all of my completed games all clumped together on my trophy profile and the games that I am working on above them.  I think what I might do over the long weekend ahead of us who reside in the US is pop one or two trophies each in P4G and ITT so Death's Door is listed with the rest of my platinumed/completed games on my profile and then decide on what game to add to my rotation.

@PalaceOfLove706I am by no means disregarding your suggestions.  I have both of those games in my backlog and one - FF XV - installed on my PS4.  It really is just a matter of me trying to decide what game to pull the trigger on next.  FF XV is definitely in the running.  HZD is as well.  To compound matters for myself, I just downloaded God of War (2018) last night.  Decisions.  Decisions.  I will update here when I make my decision.  Thank you again for your response and suggestion and taking the time to reply. 😊

My brother and I had a lot of fun with It Takes Two - enjoy, such a sweet game!

• Like 1

Guacamelee is relatively fast,you earn many trophies by just playing, just check the guide for missables, and have some patience because i dont remember if guacamelee has turbo edition on vita, vanilla edition and super turbo edition are day and night in difficulty; that being said, vanilla version isnt that bad, just need practice and learn patterns, also, the game is very fun and it has charm.

Edited by Don_Chipotle
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Don_Chipotle said:

Guacamelee is relatively fast,you earn many trophies by just playing, just check the guide for missables, and have some patience because i dont remember if guacamelee has turbo edition on vita, vanilla edition and super turbo edition are day and night in difficulty; that being said, vanilla version isnt that bad, just need practice and learn patterns, also, the game is very fun and it has charm.

@Don_ChipotleThank you for the reply and the info.  Yes, it's the vanilla version.  Good to know.  It looks really good and....different.  The whole Mexican luchador and Mexican culture and setting isn't a common thing in video games.  That's what grabbed my attention and caused me to buy it.  I will be updating here after I make my decision on what game to add to my rotation.  Gracias, amigo. 😎😊👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spider-Man916 said:

@Don_ChipotleThank you for the reply and the info.  Yes, it's the vanilla version.  Good to know.  It looks really good and....different.  The whole Mexican luchador and Mexican culture and setting isn't a common thing in video games.  That's what grabbed my attention and caused me to buy it.  I will be updating here after I make my decision on what game to add to my rotation.  Gracias, amigo. 😎😊👍

Also, both Guacamelee 1 and 2 have S tier soundtracks IMO amigo

• Like 1

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is something I strongly recommend playing. Although some say that the first game was better, it was the complete opposite for me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the first game, but because the combat in the sequel was easier to approach and learn, it's the one I prefer. Not to mention, the content in the game was so addictive that I found myself doing pretty everything in the game, even though you don't have to. It's in my nature.

If you're going for the platinum, you shouldn't have any problem. However, if you choose to go for 100% completion, I wouldn't recommend that unless you're a completionist. The main reason is the final DLC, which is easily the worst one. If you want to know why, you can read my thoughts about it here.

Another game I recommend checking out is Scarlet Nexus. It has satisfying combat, likeable characters (with a few exceptions) and a great soundtrack which I enjoy listening to every once in a while. The only things that might make it less enjoyable are the side quests, which are more or less repetitive and the plot that's rather ok, even though there are a few moments that can surprise you. That being said, it's worth playing.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrGarland said:
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is something I strongly recommend playing. Although some say that the first game was better, it was the complete opposite for me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the first game, but because the combat in the sequel was easier to approach and learn, it's the one I prefer. Not to mention, the content in the game was so addictive that I found myself doing pretty everything in the game, even though you don't have to. It's in my nature.

If you're going for the platinum, you shouldn't have any problem. However, if you choose to go for 100% completion, I wouldn't recommend that unless you're a completionist. The main reason is the final DLC, which is easily the worst one. If you want to know why, you can read my thoughts about it here.

Another game I recommend checking out is Scarlet Nexus. It has satisfying combat, likeable characters (with a few exceptions) and a great soundtrack which I enjoy listening to every once in a while. The only things that might make it less enjoyable are the side quests, which are more or less repetitive and the plot that's rather ok, even though there are a few moments that can surprise you. That being said, it's worth playing.

@MrGarlandThank you, sir, for your reply and suggestions.  I would say about a month or so ago, I was aiming to make Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom my 80th platinum, but then I saw Death's Door was free on PS+ and did my usual research on that and it immediately grabbed my attention.  Right after I platinumed SpongeBob, I kinda just jumped right on that and last week it became my 80th platinum.  With that said, NnK 2 along with Scarlet Nexus are still downloaded on my PS4 (along with about 16 or so other games).  I've only heard good things about both games and your comments only serve to reaffirm their reputation.  Regarding the 100% for NnK 2....Yes! Hahaha I am very aware of that dlc.  I'll definitely platinum it.  I loved the first NnK!  Fantastic jrpg.  I'm sure I'm going to love NnK 2.  I would love to 100% it.  At this point though, I'll make that decision in the future.  I am very aware of the difficulty of that one dlc.  We'll see. 

At this point, I just popped another trophy a little while ago for P4G.  I'm sure tonight or tomorrow my wife and I will get into some It Takes Two and we'll pop one or two more trophies together.  After I get that done, tomorrow or Tuesday I'll make my decision on what I'll play next.  I have all of these games downloaded or in the case of Dark Souls (PS3) I have the physical disk so they're all contenders for sure.  Thank you again for your time and attention and your great suggestions.  It is very much appreciated. 😊

• Like 1

Just figured I'd give with an update.  Instead of choosing one of the above listed games from my backlog, I went ahead and bought Borderlands 3 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️(Gold Edition or something like that, I think) since it is currently on sale.  It includes most of the dlc.  I think it's missing the Director's Cut and Designer's Cut dlc but has the other four add-ons.  I haven't played an FPS in quite a while, not since last year with Far Cry 3: Classic Edition followed by Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and have been craving some FPS action.  Also, I enjoyed Borderlands 1 & 2 when I played them many years ago.  I actually posted a topic in the game's forums last week asking whether I should play it or not.  While I did receive a couple of responses saying that I should pass on it, I also received a couple that said I should play it.  In addition, I also did what I always do.  I checked reviews online (IGN, metacritic, the usual suspects) and this and other sites' trophy guides and after thinking about it for a few days, I decided to go ahead and buy it and am about to start it right after I post this.  I'll update here with my thoughts on the game and with how it is going.  And now for a....

DISCLAIMER: One of the reasons I was debating buying and starting Borderlands 3 is because the guides say that there are (or were when it released) quite a few glitches.  These glitches could include but aren't limited to....

Story-related trophies not popping when they should.

Discovering all areas on the map, but the game not recognizing that you have ergo trophy/trophies not popping.

Enemies disappearing or leaving an area such as an arena or circle of slaughter or what-have-you thus making it impossible for you to complete the objective and therefore having to start all over again.

Ttophies not popping in online co-op; I plan on only playing offline and using a second controller for the 2 or 3 coop trophies.

Keeping this in mind, I think all of you know how focused I am on going for the platinum (sometimes the 100% as well) when I start a game.  I will keep all of you updated on how the game is going.  If I should run into a lot of glitches such as the ones I mentioned which force me to start the whole game over again which can happen or if they are interfering too much and too often with the game as to render it simply not fun at all to play then you'll know why I won't achieve the platinum.  Here's hoping and praying to God that doesn't happen.  I think I will be fine.  Thank you for reading.  Be well. 

Well I'm an RPG fanatic so I'll choose Ni No Kuni 2 and since you like Souls games maybe Nioh 2, the first one is also incredible but the second game is far easier, if you haven't yet I HIGHLY recommend Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch, one of the best RPGs I've played in my life.

Edit: I somehow missed Okami, just.do.it.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Well I'm an RPG fanatic so I'll choose Ni No Kuni 2 and since you like Souls games maybe Nioh 2, the first one is also incredible but the second game is far easier, if you haven't yet I HIGHLY recommend Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch, one of the best RPGs I've played in my life.

Edit: I somehow missed Okami, just.do.it.

Hey, bro!  Thanks for the reply.  Yes!  I played Ni no Kuni about a decade ago.  I love RPGs (they're my favorote game genre actually) and NnK is a fantastic rpg!  I loved that game!  As for the Nioh games, I definitely plan on getting to them someday.  Both are downloaded on my PS4. 

2 minutes ago, LorenzoLame said:

Dark Souls 😎

It's in the running.  Thanks! 😊

I just started Borderlands 3 and popped a trophy so I'm committed now.  Will update here with my progress.  Cheers! 😎

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE: So I've been playing the heck out of Borderlands 3 for the past month.  I've got about 115 hours logged into the game so far and I'm loving it!  BUT....Glitches!  Glitches!  Glitches!  So far I have had two trophies (at least, that I know of anyway right now) glitch out on me.  The Tales from the Eridian Slab trophy and the 100 Proof trophy.  The Eridian Slab trophy is definitely permanently glitched on me at least for this playthrough.  As of now, the 100 Proof trophy is also glitched.  I completed all six Eridian proving grounds and no trophy.  I'll go through all of them again tomorrow.  It's a little disappointing, but certainly not the end of the world.  I am uncertain if any of the "discovering all named locations" trophies that I haven't earned already are glitched as well.  I'll assume they're not for now.  Tomorrow I will go through every area for Pandora and Promethea and any other areas and see what happens.  Despite all this, it's a fantastic game!  It's sad it suffers from these glitches and problems, but it is what it is.  I also ran into the glitch with enemies not spawning or not entering or exiting a given area thereby causing problems with completing a given mission or objective.  It has probably occurred about four or five times now.  Anyway, if it winds up that only the eridian slab trophy is glitched and nothing else, I MIGHT try a second playthough for that one trophy.  MAYBE.  If, however, it's two or more then absolutely not!  Right now, I'm kind of resigned to not earning the platinum with this game, but I am going to continue playing it because I am enjoying it so much and I'll get as many trophies from it that I can.  I still have all six DLCs to tackle so there is plenty more to do.  Anyways, thanks for reading my comments.  Be well, all of you. 

SECOND UPDATE: So my mission list is glitched as well.  I completed all side missions and it lists the trials separately which I guess is normal, but it only lists five of the six and I completed all six.  The trial of cunning is missing and I've done that a few times.  Also, the circles of slaughter are not listed at all so I now have three trophies or the stat tracking for three trophies glitched.  Oh well.  Still gonna do what I can with this game. 

UPDATE: GOOD NEWS!  So I managed to earn the last three location trophies for Pandora, Promethea and ALL named locations.  Also, I replayed yet again all or most all (I'm not sure) of the Erydian Proving Grounds and manged to unlock the complete all side missions trophy and the trophy for conpleting all of the erydian proving grounds.  Praise the Lord! 🙏✝️ I have to say....it's a fantastic game!  I am enjoying it as much as borderlands 2.  I really liked Borderlands.  I think most people feel Borderlands 2 is the best in the series.  My enjoyment of this game is on par with Borderlands 2.  I'm not going to say it's better, but definitely on par with it in my opinion.  Just BIGGER!  So much bigger!  This game feels to be almost as big as Skyrim.  I'm not saying it is, but it sure seems that way.  Anyway, as of now, I only have the erydian slab trophy bugged for this playthrough so it looks like I'm going to have to do another whole playthrough for that one trophy.  At least, everything else has worked out though.  Thank you all for reading.  Be well.